Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

The Bet

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by 18log on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:59 am

funnybones021 wrote:lol, Helga would probably lose on purpose, and then Arnold would be in a very awkward position because he pretty much already knows that Helga already like-likes him.

Oh yeah huh lol he already knows cuz in the HA! movie
But i don't think Arnold would really agree to kiss Helga . . .

But i did see a comic where like Arnold and Helga are both blind folded and Rhonda leads them to a closet to kiss
Maybe that's what Rhonda should do if Helga looses, except Helga doesn't know who she's kissing Wink

This comic x]

This isn't mine by the way
I didn't make this


Last edited by tendra91 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double postings)
avatar
18log
Writer

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 25

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Hellerick on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:08 am

18log wrote:
But i don't think Arnold would really agree to kiss Helga . . .

Who's going to ask Football Head anyway?!
avatar
Hellerick
Translator

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 35
Location : Russia

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by 18log on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:11 am

by the way sorry for the spam replies . . messed up on the messages
my computers acting technologically retarded . . . hehe sorry
avatar
18log
Writer

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 25

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by tendra91 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:21 am

18log wrote:by the way sorry for the spam replies . . messed up on the messages
my computers acting technologically retarded . . . hehe sorry

Fixed the double postings. Try editing your old posts next time. Thanks!
avatar
tendra91
Director

Posts : 782
Join date : 2009-04-21

View user profile http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Retromanka on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 pm

So...by the way there are so many ideas...
How does the story look like for the rest?
avatar
Retromanka
Artist

Posts : 611
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Helga4ever on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Maybe the bet is for her to kiss in public the boy she thinks is digustig right?
If she will lie she would kiss Arnold if she would tell the truth She would kiss brainy thats what i think anyway.
avatar
Helga4ever
Writer

Posts : 162
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Kuwait

View user profile http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by shameonpretzel on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 am

Helga4ever wrote:Maybe the bet is for her to kiss in public the boy she thinks is digustig right?
If she will lie she would kiss Arnold if she would tell the truth She would kiss brainy thats what i think anyway.

Good point.
Wink

Brainy's the better candidate (Helga may pretend to dislike Arnold, but I doubt it's because he's 'disgusting'.) It also makes for a fairer bet - after all, both boys seemed to be obsessed with their girl.

Perhaps a simple bet could escalate so that the entire class is making bets against one another:

Sid: I bet you 10 Mr. Fudgie bars I can go a whole week without saying "Boy howdy"!

Harold: You're on!

Stinky: Aww, Sid, you'll never make it!

Sid: Wanna bet?

Stinky: Throw in a couple lemon puddings and you got yerself a deal!

...Or something like that.


Last edited by shameonpretzel on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I should learn to read threads fully.)
avatar
shameonpretzel
Writer

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by 18log on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Oh yeah maybe someone can start a bet with someone, then afterwards, the whole school gets amused with having bets and decided to bet with one another.

Then afterwards, maybe Harold, or Rhonda can bet that Helga cant be as nice as Lila ;]

and so on and so on x]
avatar
18log
Writer

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 25

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Hellerick on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 am

As I already mentioned, I think the bet works the better the fewer people know about it, when the girls don't have the excuse "I'm doing it for the bet's sake only", and have to think about their reputation. Therefore I don't like the "whole school is betting" concept.
avatar
Hellerick
Translator

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 35
Location : Russia

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Helga4ever on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Yeah that does make sense but for some reason I can't imagine Helga being nice.
avatar
Helga4ever
Writer

Posts : 162
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Kuwait

View user profile http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Hurricos on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:49 am

I like the whole concept of Rhonda and Helga in a double bet.

Maybe when Helga snaps and loses the bet, she can go up to Arnold with an apology for whatever it is she did and tell him that she wants to make up for it by giving him a present. Of course, he will have to close his eyes for it and when he does, she'll swoop in for it then leave him standing there stunned.

Hurricos
Writer

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Hellerick on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 am

Yeah Smile

Well, I guess the more unexpectedly (for him) she's doing it the better. Therefore he should not expect anything from her including a present of any kind.
avatar
Hellerick
Translator

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 35
Location : Russia

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:17 am

I like the basics of this episode. I, personally, would love to make this into a Helga/Arnold Rhonda/Harold episode type thing.

So Helga and Rhonda get into some sort of argument. Rhonda gets all uppity and goes on about how brash and cruel Helga is to Arnold and how it’s not very lady-like. Helga retaliates with something about Rhonda being judgmental and snobby. They both end up betting the other that:

A) Helga is too brutish to be totally nice for a whole day
B) Rhonda is too much of a snob to not badmouth someone’s fashion fail for a whole day either

Which actually sort of eliminates the boys from being the main idea and focuses mores on the girls’ rivalry with one another, which is actually okay with me. But along the way Helga ends up being really sweet to Arnold (which confuses the hell out of him of course) and Rhonda compliments Harold on some horrible new outfit he’s wearing (which confuses him as well).

Or if we really wanted to focus on the relationships between the not-really couples we could parallel how Helga picks on Arnold the same way that Rhonda sometimes picks on Harold. And maybe by the end both girls suddenly become VERY aware of the parallels and sort of figure out that it’s possible that the reason they both treat the boys the way they do is because they like them? And this realization maybe gets them to drop the bet and go back to being assholes to the boys and basically denying that such a parallel actually exists?

IDK. I just really like Rhonda and Helga as rivals who are actually kind of similar.
avatar
Squirreltamer
Artist

Posts : 58
Join date : 2009-05-20
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by funnybones021 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:28 am

Squirreltamer wrote:A) Helga is too brutish to be totally nice for a whole day
B) Rhonda is too much of a snob to not badmouth someone’s fashion fail for a whole day either
lol, I'm just imagining Rhonda's reaction to someone dressing unusually dorky one day; and Helga's reaction to everyone pissing her off.
avatar
funnybones021
Director

Posts : 668
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 30
Location : Washington State

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Hellerick on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 am

Squirreltamer wrote:
Rhonda compliments Harold on some horrible new outfit he’s wearing (which confuses him as well).

Yeah, something Mommy made him wear.

And Helga could "help" Rhonda, complimenting other people's outerwear, giving nonsense fashion advices, and forcing Rhonda to agree.
avatar
Hellerick
Translator

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 35
Location : Russia

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Helga, Arnold, and a Bet

Post by Weird1 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 pm

I wanted to add a few of my ideas into the conversation. The first is why Helga would be interested in accepting a bet like this...

1. She's probably looking for a good excuse to be a little nicer to Arnold and this is the perfect excuse to show her gentler side without anyone getting wise to the fact tht she's crazy about him.

2. Helga G. Pataki cannot refuse a bet... especially if someone says, "Well maybe you're just afraid to be nice to Arnold." or maybe, "Well maybe you're not tough enough to not be tough." lol! That last one would probably come from Harold considering the genius he is. Razz

Then we have to think about how Arnold would react to Helga (who has bullied him since kindergarden Mad and is supposedly in love with him I love you ) being suddenly nice to him...

1. He would, at the beginning, most likely think it's some sort of prank. In disbelief he would question her a lot and she would simply say, "I can be nice when I feel like it, football... der... I mean Arnold."

2. After a while he would probably start to trust her a little more and maybe start to like her a little. Very Happy

3. After a while he would eventually find out it was a bet and he would get angry with her. Mad Then after anger would come hurt and we all know that Helga can't stand when he's sad. Crying or Very sad So she would apologize and try to console him.

Then at the end, I imagine Helga could be really nice to Arnold and then inform him that once this bet is over she'll have to go back to her bully ways and go back to hating him because she has a reputation to protect. He would of course reply, "Whatever you say, Helga." Rolling Eyes Cool

Weird1
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Hellerick on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Argh, I want to read a fanfic like that...! (Hellerick runs away crying)
avatar
Hellerick
Translator

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 35
Location : Russia

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 am

Squirreltamer wrote: Or if we really wanted to focus on the relationships between the not-really couples we could parallel how Helga picks on Arnold the same way that Rhonda sometimes picks on Harold. And maybe by the end both girls suddenly become VERY aware of the parallels and sort of figure out that it’s possible that the reason they both treat the boys the way they do is because they like them? And this realization maybe gets them to drop the bet and go back to being assholes to the boys and basically denying that such a parallel actually exists?

I like this, the double bet thing is good. So they both have to do their respective bets for three days or so, making both the boys really confused.

And I also like what Weird 1 said about the motives and the ending
Weird1 wrote: After a while he would eventually find out it was a bet and he would get angry with her. Mad Then after anger would come hurt and we all know that Helga can't stand when he's sad. Crying or Very sad So she would apologize and try to console him.
Then at the end, I imagine Helga could be really nice to Arnold and then inform him that once this bet is over she'll have to go back to her bully ways and go back to hating him because she has a reputation to protect. He would of course reply, "Whatever you say, Helga."

I can see arnold being more disappointed then mad. He's probably frustrated though and a little betrayed. He was probably thinking his patients with her was finally paying off only to realize she was only doing it becuase of a bet.

I really like this idea, it could be very entertaining to see Helga being nice and this time without the pressure of having to keep her reputation. Although, if a lot of people don't know about the bet then won't she still feel like she still has to keep up her rep? Although she has done stuff unlike her reputation before like in "Helga's makeover" so maybe thats not really a problem. although that didn't directly involve arnold, and when it comes to arnold i'm sure she is more careful about how others see her. Gahh I don't know.
avatar
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Posts : 126
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 27
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Helga4ever on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:55 pm

How about a scene where they bumb in "the corner" and she wold say "watch where your going er I mean be careful next time" helps him get up for once arnold confused "Helga do you have a fever?"
avatar
Helga4ever
Writer

Posts : 162
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Kuwait

View user profile http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by foureyedshroom on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:12 am

or maybe Rhonda and Harold annoy Helga so much that she agrees and proves them that she can be nice to Arnold
avatar
foureyedshroom
Editor

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 25
Location : Under your porch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet

Post by Weird1 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:50 am

Dpshrineinclosetgirl,

You've got a point. If not too many people know about the bet then that would mean the people who don't know about the bet may start getting weird about it. But we can always keep the whole "Helga nice to Arnold" thing very subtle at school and in front of people. You know, I'm sure most of them aren't exactly too interested in the relationship between the two supposed arch-nemesis's. She can simply do stuff like, not throwing spit-balls, calling him Arnold instead of Football-head or Hair-boy, and basically pretending that their friends. I believe that the others won't really care because...

1. In the episode "Helga's Love Potion", Helga didn't torture Arnold all day! She was even polite when they crashed into eachother! And the only people who really took notice were Arnold, Gerald, Brainy, and perhaps Phoebe considering the fact that she took the time to ask Helga if she was okay, which probably means that she too noticed the change. The rest of their classmates didn't even blink twice as far as we know.

So we can just keep everything pleasent between them in school, but not too pleasent since Helga is worried about her rep, or Helga could just not care what the others think. I mean, just because she's civil with Arnold doesn't mean she's going to be civil with everyone else. And if anyone mentions anything she can always drag them to a nearby alley and "teach them a lesson" to keep out of other peoples' business. OH! Or we could have Helga going insane because she can't treat Arnold badly so she takes out her frustration on someone else instead! Examples...

1. She could subconstiously get a spit-wad ready to fire and then remember the bet and get frustrated. But then she's got a perfectly good spit-ball, so what does she do? Perhaps before she fires she quickly redirects her aim so it will hit Gerald instead! So now she's taking everything out on Gerald! That would be pretty funny!

Plus, now that Arnold's got a pretty good sense of why Helga bullies him, he could start getting suspicious! Like, "Oh geez! Does Helga love Gerald now?! What the HECK?! I thought I was her chew toy!!!" This could be some pretty good Arnold ---> Helga developement... Wink

1. Arnold would be pretty confused if Helga was suddenly nice to him and nasty to Gerald. I mean think about it from Arnold's point of view...

Helga + mean to Arnold = Love! Embarassed
Helga + Nice to Arnold = Wha?? Shocked
Helga + Mean to Gerald = LOVE??!! pale

2. Gerald on the other hand has no freakin' clue why Helga picks on Arnold in particular. He's still in the dark. OH! Maybe as a small joke in the beginning we could have Helga bully Arnold as usual and then right before the bet is set scene, we could have Gerald tell Arnold, "Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm, Arnold, I sure am glad I'm not you." Then afterward when Helga's taking out her frustrations on Gerald the irony sets in! LOL! Rolling Eyes

This could all be very terrifying to Arnold if he's starting to get feelings for her. But we've gotta be careful. We'll just make Arnold very confused and maybe a little jealous... that his best friend is getting most of her attention. After all, for Helga, negative attention = affection in a twisted sort of way, and Positive attention could possible = disinterest. Which would probably perterb Arnold greatly! Mad

The reason I think she would choose Gerald to vent on is because he's always with Arnold! You know, Helga is about to push Arnold out of her way but then remembers the bet and is like, "GRRRRRRR!" so then the closest thing to Arnold is... Gerald! DING DING DING! cheers So after she remembers the bet and gets frustrated she pushes Gerald out of her way real hard so she won't snap and hurt Arnold, thus losing the bet, which she refuses to do. Old habits die hard!

Also, all this could probably make Arnold's reaction to finding out it's a bet less upseting for him. In fact, it might come as a sort of relief before feeling betrayed that her being nice to him was all a fluke. But then all this would mean that her being nice didn't mean she was over him. BIG relief for him then. But I don't know. You tell me what you think. confused

Weird1
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Yeah, your right, i don't think it would be that big of a deal if Helga is nice to Arnold for a little while. It's not like the classmate watch Helga and Arnold's relationship closely like we do lol.

hmm it would be interesting to see Helga pick on Gerald and to see Arnold's reaction. I do wonder how well Arnold has Helga figured out though. He is understanding her more, but I'm not sure he completely understands her. So he might not consciously think Helga likes Gerald, but I can still see him getting a bit jealous. I still like the idea of Arnold hanging out with Helga and then feeling a bit betrayed when he finds out its a bet.
avatar
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Posts : 126
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 27
Location : San Jose, CA

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Weird1 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Dpshrineinclosetgirl wrote:

I do wonder how well Arnold has Helga figured out though. He is understanding her more, but I'm not sure he completely understands her. So he might not consciously think Helga likes Gerald, but I can still see him getting a bit jealous. I still like the idea of Arnold hanging out with Helga and then feeling a bit betrayed when he finds out its a bet.

Yeah, that's what I mean! Arnold's reaction would be very interesting! All he knows is that in some twisted way, all these years, her being cruel to him was her way of showing affection or something. Embarassed He's probably as confused as me! We could just have him thinking it over and get frustrated with how confusing she is.

Arnold: (thinking) Huh? Okay, so she's mean to me for 6-7 years and it turns out she loves me. So now she's being nice to me and mean to Gerald? Does that mean she likes Gerald now, or does that just mean she's gotten bored with me. Or perhaps she's just trying to be nicer to me and show her gentler side, but then she's still picking on Gerald... because... maybe he's just been irritating her lately. Or maybe she heard his little comment at lunch about how he's glad he's not me, because he doesn't have to deal with her. That makes sense kinda. But I could've sworn she was across the cafeteria when he said it! GAH!" (Slams fists on desk) Mad

There. Classic Arnold getting confused by women. Again. Heck, I'm confused by women, and I am one! lol!

But after that he could do his denial thing and push everything to his subcontious. He's too busy having his head in the clouds to address the female species. Especially if that female is Helga. Then the normal plot could kick in, what with his questioning her angle and then trusting her only to be betrayed by the girl who supposedly loves him.

THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT PEOPLE! WHOOT WHOOT! afro

Weird1
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Ha! What if she gives an excuse of being mean to Gerald like if she had a 6-7 year cycle of being mean to everyone! lol! Laughing

peachcake21
Translator

Posts : 1119
Join date : 2009-12-18
Age : 20
Location : right behind you ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Jalikscheeks on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:44 am


Squirreltamer said:

"I like the basics of this episode. I, personally, would love to make this into a Helga/Arnold Rhonda/Harold episode type thing.

So Helga and Rhonda get into some sort of argument. Rhonda gets all uppity and goes on about how brash and cruel Helga is to Arnold and how it’s not very lady-like. Helga retaliates with something about Rhonda being judgmental and snobby. They both end up betting the other that:

A) Helga is too brutish to be totally nice for a whole day
B) Rhonda is too much of a snob to not badmouth someone’s fashion fail for a whole day either

Which actually sort of eliminates the boys from being the main idea and focuses mores on the girls’ rivalry with one another, which is actually okay with me. But along the way Helga ends up being really sweet to Arnold (which confuses the hell out of him of course) and Rhonda compliments Harold on some horrible new outfit he’s wearing (which confuses him as well).

Or if we really wanted to focus on the relationships between the not-really couples we could parallel how Helga picks on Arnold the same way that Rhonda sometimes picks on Harold. And maybe by the end both girls suddenly become VERY aware of the parallels and sort of figure out that it’s possible that the reason they both treat the boys the way they do is because they like them? And this realization maybe gets them to drop the bet and go back to being assholes to the boys and basically denying that such a parallel actually exists?

IDK. I just really like Rhonda and Helga as rivals who are actually kind of similar.
"

I really like Squirreltamer's take on what this episode should be like. It's like what CB says--HA! relationships are all about the unrequited. Plus, to have Arnold and Helga kiss again before that BIG TJM KISS would kinda take out the flavor of their relationship. I also think it's good to really explore the Helga/Rhonda "frenemies" take as it is one of the most interesting non-romantic dynamics in Hey Arnold! .

I think that Harold's outfit could be what he was wearing in the pilot episode and I think it would be cool if a few panels had Arnold with a super-shocked face (like Shocked ).

I also have to say that I think it should be known by a few (Helga, Rhonda, Nadine, and Phoebe).

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-10
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bet

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum