Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rick Roll Arnold

3 posters

Go down

Rick Roll Arnold Empty Rick Roll Arnold

Post by PinkGloom Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:05 am

So I was thinking about how Eugene kind of looks like Rick Roll. Ok, doesn't look like him they both have red hair. So I decided to draw Eugene as Rick. Just a sketch with the picture from youtube. First time ever drawing him, am looking for some advice or a few pointers anything you think that might help me draw him better before I do the final picture.
So I started to watch the video and realized that Gerald, Helga and Arnold were in the video too! So I had to include them too! Arnold will be posted tomorrow, have to study! Posted on my Deviant page! Link here:

http://pinkgloom92.deviantart.com/

It's my Deviant page, their all there! Thanks Smile
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Rick Roll Arnold Empty Re: Rick Roll Arnold

Post by 18log Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:38 am

LOL nice xD

How did you even think of this?! You got Rick Roll'd or something?? xD

Pretty good drawings though x]
18log
18log
Writer

http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 am

Glad to see you like! I can't wait to really color them in!
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Arnold is finally up! Please tell me what you think Surprised
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:49 am

Okay, I can give you some pointers on Helga and Arnold, because I'm fairly comfortable with their facial proportions.

My first pointer on Helga is her ears. Unlike normal people (where the top of their ears generally touch their eyes), Helga defies this "general drawing rule" and has the top of her ear actually touching the bottom of her nose. I like how you tried to acknowledge actual human facial proportions, but unfortunately Helga's face doesn't follow standard drawing rules. I would also try making her pigtails more fatter, if you want to go after the "5th season look". Her first season look has her pigtails skinnier, which is also acceptable.

For your Rick Roll Arnold, you did a fairly good job of drawing Arnold's head! Well done! The only current comment that I have for you is the shape of Arnold's hair. Again, I'm more of an expert on the 5th season styles of Helga/Arnold, so I'm just giving you pointers if you want to draw Arnold in 5th season style. If you want to draw them in the 1st season styles, then your drawings are closer to them. Anyways, Arnold's hair generally has more "volume". The spikes on his hair are not exactly straight; they have a curve to it. Horizontally speaking, the horizontal distance between the outermost right/left tip of his hair to the outermost tip of his head is the actually the height of his football head (excluding hair). I know that probably doesn't make sense when I'm typing it out, but I drew some diagrams a while ago in the "Hey Arnold Critical Analysis" Wordpress site. There's a link in this sub-forum's thread on some tips of how to draw Arnold.

Overall, keep up the good work. Practice makes perfect!
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 am

Where can I find the pictures of the 6th season Arnold and Helga? Or is it more of an idea right now? Thanks

PS Yeah, I would like to do it in the 6th season style. The show has evolved so such the artwork I think...
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:02 pm

6th season style doesn't really exist right now. 5th season style (based on the actual existing 5th season) does, though. So if you want to do the latest style, you would probably have to use reference pics from 5th season episodes.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down