Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion

+5
HA1996
acemcjace169
Hellerick
shameonpretzel
sueKay
9 posters

Go down

All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion Empty All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion

Post by sueKay Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 pm

I am working on Helga's Bow, but I have to post this idea.

For some reason (a careers day, a spelling bee, etc) The kids go on a class trip to Hillwood High School. (Cue cameos by any of the older kids in the show, like Jamie-O etc). Sid realises that it'll only be a few years until their class go to High School and decides maybe it's time to 'grow up.

The next day he arrives at school, dressing 'cool', calling the teachers by their first names and talking about how he's 'not a little kid anymore'. He thinks growing up is going to be fantastic, and spends the day lecturing everyone about how to be more 'mature'. The last straw is when he tries to take Harold's strange stuffed animal thing off him cos it's babyish and Harold threatens to pound him. Arnold pulls him aside and tells him that he shouldn't be in a hurry to grow and talks about all the responsibilities that come with being older (Arnold already has a ton more responsibilities than most of the kids so it makes sense he'll talk to Sid). On the way home he sees examples of problems of growing up (maybe teenagers on the corner talking about wanting to go out to see a film, but can't because their car is in the garage, maybe Jamie-O getting yelled at by another nasty girlfriend, etc).

That night, Sid has a really disturbing dream about the class being 16 or 17. At first everything's good - Sid has tons of money, Phoebe's got into Harvard or another elite school, Stinky's going to do agriculture at the Community College etc. Then the dream becomes scary - Harold is a part-time butcher with anger management problems and he chases Sid with a Hatchet; The strain of trying to get a scholarship has made Arnold as crazy as Gertie...and horror of horrors - Helga's a cheerleader!

It needs a lotta work, but what do we think?
sueKay
sueKay
Artist

http://suekay87.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion Empty Re: All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion

Post by shameonpretzel Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Now THAT is an awesome idea.

Sid is such an impressionable character, I can definitely see him taking the whole "growing up" thing too far.

The only part that I find kind of jarring is the dream sequence and Arnold going insane. But that might just be my extreme bias against seeing the cast as young adults.
Razz

Although, I love the idea of an angry, hatchet-wielding Harold. That's just gold.
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sueKay Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks Very Happy

The dream sequence could be half dream, half nightmare Smile
sueKay
sueKay
Artist

http://suekay87.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:17 am

Indeed, that's a great way to use the tons of teenagesque material collected in fanfics!
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by acemcjace169 Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:00 am

In this dream, we should see Curly's picture on some WANTED posters. lmao

Eugene should win the lottery.

Rhonda could be a homeless pickpocket who steals Sid's wallet.

Any of these good?
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:25 am

Rhonda should not be pickpocket, she should be a passionate revolutionary condemning elitism, snobbery, irresponsibility of the rich etc. and advocating the rights and dignity of the common people.

Judging Rhonda's Glasses episode, and the time she snapped at a girl who was rude to Patty, she could be a good activist.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by HA1996 Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 am

That part with Sid's dream is absolutely PERFECT. he's so impressionable...

HA1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 am

Helga a cheerleader?! O_______O

What the heck? I don't know why Sid would think Helga would become a cheerleader. He's really afraid of her. Though I must admit, Helga as a cheerleader is too hilarious for words. XD But Sid is an impressionable young... thing.

Maybe he sees her as one of the popular girls, because of her usual 'I'm better than you' attitude. So when he's walking by, Helga could be standing with all her cheerleader buddies, and she could see Sid and be all, "Oh, look, it's Popsicle nose boy!" And then they could all laugh evilly at his expense or something.

Me no know. Just an idea. That whole "Helga is a cheerleader" thing kinda frightened me a little. XD The images in my head!!! AHHHHH!!!

XD Well, yeah. flower Like a Star @ heaven flower Like a Star @ heaven flower Like a Star @ heaven
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Wow... Helga as a cheerleader xD Now that's just scary.

I like this idea--I always adored Sid's overreactions on things, and I would love to see another episode on this.
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Wow...that's a great idea you brought! I think you catched the character of Sid very clear and topic of "what's a big value being a child" goes well.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:00 am

I love the idea! By the way, what is Sid? Is he going to college ans stuff, does he just vist Hillwood, you know after college. Or does he just walk around and sees the 'future'!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion Empty All Grown Up-A Sid Delusion

Post by The Myks Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 am

Yeah, I don't really want to see the image of Helga as a cheerleader. Maybe you should consider Rhonda for the cheerleader idea? Helga could be a skateboarder and carry her skateboard around with her everywhere she goes. She could also wear hand pads and a beat-up looking, skull cap.

The Myks

Back to top Go down

All Grown Up - A Sid Delusion Empty Re: All Grown Up-A Sid Delusion

Post by The Myks Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:04 am

I just came up with some quotes that could be in the episode. Smile Tell me what you think about them.

Sid could be walking the halls with a nervous, paranoid look on his face.

Sid: What's goin' on and why do all these people look familiar? Ahhh! What happened to my clothes? They're-they're.... Awesome!!

Sid wasn't looking to where he was walking and he bumps into a tall, lanky kid with a big nose wearing a green shirt and baggy, black pants standing next to a big, brawn, muscly kid with a chain strapped to his boxy jeans. Sid recognized them and realized it was his two best friends Harold and Stinky.

Stinky: Sid, there ya are!

Harold: Yeah, what took ya so long? We thought you was gonna wimp out on us.

Sid: Harold? Stinky? What's going on? You're both....grown up!

Harold: D'uh! We're only sixteen!

Sid: Huh?

Stinky: I reckon you don't feel well enough to do this with us, Sid.

Sid: Do what?

Sid: Prank Pricipal Wartz by mooning him.

Sid: What? Stinky, we can't! Remember what happened with that in the fourth grade?! affraid

Harold: Well it was your idea! But this time we are gonna do it on video this time. Ah-ha ha ha ha! Laughing

Sid: Oh no. I got to get away from here!

Sid accidently bumps into a girl with blonde hair wearing pig-tails.

He looks up and sees that it's Helga G. Pataki.

Sid: He-Helga, is that you?

Helga: Man, watch where ya goin next time, Sidster!

Sid observed Helga from top to bottom. She was wearing a wife-beater shirt and a grungy looking skull cap on top of her head. She still had the unibrow and the pigtails and she was still skinny. On her hands, she was wearing hand pads that skateboarders wear. Her pants were purplish baggy sweats and she had black sneakers with pink laces. She was also pushing a TV cart with a VCR.

Helga: Hey, by the way, where have you been? Cuz, dude, I need my fundage, bro.

Sid looked confused and nervous. Helga sure talked differently since she was a kid, but he had the the same idea of how she used her words. He also noticed how mellowed out she had become. He liked it.

Sid: F-f--fundage?

Harold: You know, her money.

Sid: Money?

Stinky: Yeah. Don't ya remember you paid her to get the video cart to film our prank?

Helga: Stinko's right. I slipped the janitor a couple of twenties and he let me take the cart for "a little project" is what I told him.

Sid: Oh, right your money. How much did I owe you?

Helga: $20.00

Sid wiggled around for some money in his pocket. He only had a $10 on him and he gave it to her.

Sid: I only have this much for now, but I'll get the rest.

Helga: Whatever. I'm goin' boardin'.

Sid never looked so suprised at Helga. Normally she would have threatened to pound him for the rest, but she just let it slip and slide without even mentioning O'l Betsy.

Helga: Have fun getting in trouble again, boys.

Stinky: Thanks again, Miss Helga.

Stinky waved.

Harold: Yeah, thanks Hel-ga!

Sid relieved a sigh and a smile. He thought Helga couldn't be so bad now and even when she was 9. He also knew that the same old Helga was still inside the teen Helga.

Sid: Boy, howdy. I have to find a way outta here...but how?

The End! Phew! I'm tired! Sleep

The Myks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down