Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Dodge ball!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dodge ball!

Post by Meganium on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 am

LOL!!! That has GOT to be in there!! "There's...there's a walrus reproaching [instead of approaching]!! I'll save you!!" XDXDXD I adore that.

And I definitely think it should be Mr. Coach that challenges Coach Wittenberg. He'll say something like, "Now hiss and lear. If you're such a big man, prove that you deserve a pine weece of foman like Tish!" And Wittenberg will say, "How dare you! I find that intensive! And I'm twice the man you'll ever be!" And Mr. Coach will say, "I will NOT stand bylently sigh while I am insulted! I challenge you to a dame of bodgegall!" "...What?" "I mean a game of dodgeball." "...Oh. Then you're ON!"

XDXD
Meganium
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:08 am

Thanks! I wan't to be a good writer but I suck at writing! XD SO thanks for correcting me! When is it apropriate to use aproaching and reaproaching?

XD
I love spoonerisms!
Maybe I should start a fan club XD (not really)

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:45 am

Well, reproach means to scold someone, and approach means to come closer, so they're very different words. Hence the humor. XD Coach Wittenberg-isms are called malapropisms. It's when you use the wrong word in a sentence, often to hilarious effect. For example, if you say, "I resemble that remark!" instead of "I resent that remark!", that's a malapropism. Malapropisms can often be used for irony. If you said "I resemble that remark," you'd only be confirming whatever was said about you instead of disagreeing with it. XD Of course, sometimes malapropisms are just supposed to be silly. XD When I had Wittenberg say that there was a walrus reproaching, it gives the image of a walrus yelling at someone. XD!

And wherever did you get the idea that you suck at writing?! XD You come up with great ideas! I am seven years older than you, so of course I'm going to be a liiiiiittle more experienced, but that doesn't mean that you suck, even by comparison! XD You're becoming a better writer by being on this forum, I think (and by being around fellow writers like moi Wink XD)! ^_^

LOL If there was a spoonerism fanclub, I would join in a heartbeat.

Anyway, if we're going to write something with characters who use malapropisms and Spoonerisms, we need to be careful not to overuse them. Coach Wittenberg didn't have a malapropism in every sentence he spoke, so we need to be careful that we don't. Also, let's not forget that Tish does malapropisms too!
Meganium
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 am

Thank you!
I guess I need a little more insspiration (in the forum Hey Arnold!)

Maybe when I grow up XD

Yeah, because frankly, i'm getting confused Razz

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:14 am

XD Don't worry. If this makes it to scripts, I'll write all the malapropisms and/or Spoonerisms. I'm the English major. XD
Meganium
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:21 am

Cool!

So much to learn in writing o_O!

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Myks on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:49 am

Maybe it could be funnier if the coach yells of BOMBARDEMENT! like on The Simpsons. I thought if some one could be cheating. Let's say, Harold and when he gets hit he could act like the person missed. Then, he gets like a million balls hit at him at the same time all at once and say he's out.

The Myks

Back to top Go down

Post by mrshowtime on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:24 pm

This sounds like a cool episode.

I was hoping we could probably borrow some ideas from the movie DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story.

However, I don't think throwing wrenches at Arnold and Co. is a good idea, and I think we'd struggle to get the copyrights to Chuck Norris.
mrshowtime
Writer

View user profile http://mrshowtime.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top