Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handcuffs story

+8
Avarici
Marty
Annemiek
Hellerick
tendra91
Squirreltamer
funnybones021
mannardme
12 posters

Go down

Handcuffs story Empty Handcuffs story

Post by mannardme Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 pm

I've seen several shows with a storyline like this, but what if there was one where one of their classmates handcuffed Arnold and Helga together as a prank and couldn't find the key for a while? Then it would worsen the arguments Arnold and Helga have, although it would probably be a dream for her to be handcuffed to her one true love and a nightmare for Arnold. They would be forced to stay at one person's house for a night and have to stick together all throughout the school day.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Handcuffs story Empty Re: Handcuffs story

Post by funnybones021 Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:18 pm

I like the idea, but I think we need to consider a few things before we could go ahead with a handcuffs episode:

1) Has this plot been overly done? Like you said, there have been several shows with a storyline like this; and I don't think we want to be too cliche here.

2) Are we just recycling the same ideas within this project? A plot with Arnold and Helga stuck with each other is a classic, but we do have several similar story ideas in discussion. I think we'd want to figure out which one of the "stuck" episodes are most promising.

3) I think with this particular idea, we'd want to have the story take place over the course of morning to evening at the very longest (i.e. no sleepovers). The handcuffs would make it so that Arnold and Helga have to sleep right next to each other, which seems like to much of an adult situation to me.

Like I said, it's a really good idea (one that I'd actually considered posting before); but I think we'd need to put some kind of twist on it to make it a little different from similar storylines.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:33 pm

I agree. I have seen the handcuffs plot on I Love Lucy and as a subplot on Full House, but that's all I can think of for now. I can't think of an actual plot just yet but I had the idea and wanted to share it. I also agree that the two of them sleeping next to each other is too adult, but I know that Helga would love a chance to get as close to Arnold as possible and he would just be more repulsed.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 pm

I seem to remember an episode of Doug that involved handcuffs too.

I'm sure Helga would love to sleep right next to Arnold, and I don't think Arnold would be repulsed by the idea unless Helga was in one of her many "bad moods". Theoretically I think it would work, but let's keep it PG.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

I agree if she was in a bad mood, but it's like in Egg Story when they fight all throughout the episode because he's displeased to be working with her and just assumes she's gonna pick on him, which makes her angry. So I thought the setup of it would be almost similar to that plot. So should this idea be shared with others for a plot or do I have to try to come up with it myself?
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

mannardme wrote:but it's like in Egg Story when they fight all throughout the episode because he's displeased to be working with her and just assumes she's gonna pick on him, which makes her angry.
I'm inclined to think that Arnold will be quite a bit softer on Helga in the 6th season (by "softer" I mean not so quick to judge her like he was in Egg Story, and more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt). Maybe he'd just be more angry at the situation than at Helga, though.

As for the plot, other people are certainly welcome to provide any input to this idea at any time. So, no, you don't have to come up with it yourself as long as it's an idea that other people are interested in talking about.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Yeah you're probably about him not being so quick to judge her like he did in that episode and you'd think that maybe he wouldn't considering the plot of Summer Love, how he thought she was playing a gag telling him about Summer when she was telling him the truth. I'd hope this could be a possible story because it could probably get some laughs too (i.e. in I Love Lucy, th audiences woul laugh when Ricky and Lucy would try to go in separate directions, only to be pulled back by the link of the cuffs). Their friends would probably find it amusing at Arnold and Helga's expense.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Maybe you could handcuff two others who AREN'T Arnold and Helga? Two side characters who probably wouldn't do well stuck with one another?
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 pm

I forgot to mention that I also saw a handcuffs story on Rugrats when Angelica thought there was no key and tried to break away from Chuckie by using something else. That's an idea of using others, but after seeing funny episodes with this plot, I just wanted to suggest another story for Arnold and Helga with them getting in a sticky situation.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Squirreltamer wrote:Maybe you could handcuff two others who AREN'T Arnold and Helga? Two side characters who probably wouldn't do well stuck with one another?

Or how about two good friends being handcuffed together, and then getting sick of each other? Good relations turned hostile! >:B (Temporarily.)
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:46 am

Squirreltamer wrote:Maybe you could handcuff two others who AREN'T Arnold and Helga? Two side characters who probably wouldn't do well stuck with one another?

Yeah, I agree.

How about very different characters? Like Harold and Phoebe? E.g.: Phoebe was assigned to tutor Harold, but he was trying to run away all the time and she had no other choice but to trick him into wearing handcuffs she saw at his house. Unfortunately she forgot to ask him whether he had a key first.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Oh Tendra I like your idea! Sid and Stinky maybe? I actually think Arnold and Gerald would be cool for this.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:12 am

Yeah, I'd like to see Sid and Stinky stuck, that would be funny. Sid would start to get paranoid again, he'd be like 'Aaaah! We're gonna be stuck to each other for the rest of our lives! We'll be stuck when we graduate.. we'll be stuck when we get MARRIED.. we'll be stuck when you di.. Shocked ' And then he'll totally loose it XD Stinky will have a 'smart' answer ready.. 'Gosh, Sid. That really bites'
He can simply lift his arm and Sid would be hanging in the air, kicking and screaming XD

Arnold and Gerald would be funny too, but they had fights before, they've been stuck before, they've been in a lot of scary situations before, so I'm not sure if there would be enough new ideas and gags for those two.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Artist

http://heyarnold.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Maybe Phoebe and Gerald?

We always see them "glaring" to each other. So why not take their relation to the next level? Not right away the like-like stuff, but more talking, being friends. And maybe a second plot in it, about the relation between Helga and Gerald. Phoebe explains why Helga acts angry and defensive towards others. So Gerald merely starts to accept Helga's behaviour, but not like a friendship(, yet).

Like Squirreltamer's idea in this topic.
Marty
Marty
Website Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarici Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 am

I could see this having to do with a magic show involving Eugene. He hand cuffs his two volunteers and promptly falls off the stage and has to go to the hospital. In all the chaos the handcuffed pair forget to ask for the key until he's gone. Then they have a quirky adventure as they try to get to the hospital to get the key. *shrug* I LOVE the idea of Sid and Stinky! I love Annemiek's idea of Stinky lifting his arm and Sid dangling there in complete hysterics.
Avarici
Avarici
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 pm

I would like it more if it was a helga and arnold episode and to make it pg when the bell rings they would try to get their booksand mr.simmons would think that no one was in so he'd close the lights and lock the door and helga andd arnold would be surprised and then they'd have to stay at school so they can't slepp all day all though helga does doze off a few times on the door where they're sitting and when the next day comes harold would come in first and helga and arnold would be so hungry they'd grab harold's lunch bag and eat everything in it then hraold would cry MY FOOD, what do ya think?
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 am

What if you use a tri-handcuff?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Is it just me, or have there been A LOT of Arnold/Helga based plotlines?
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:57 pm

No it's not just you. I guess we all are fans of their pairing and want to see more of them together. I mean they are the main characters of the show but not all episode plots have to revolve around them alone or together. I mean shows like this one have background characters for a reason.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Well I think its almost everyone's favorite paring for this show so it's no wonder we have so many stories revolving around them. I don't think that it's a bad thing at all, but the important thing to remember is that we should publish different kinds of episodes about different people. This way we stay true to how the show is. Like you said mannardme, we have background characters for a reason.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:41 am

Yeah the unique thing I find about the show is that they give episodes dedicated to many characters in the show, with a few going to minor characters. Arnold is the title character, but that doesn't mean he has to be the center of every story. In fact, there are a few episodes in which has few to no lines at all.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down