Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At a Glance

+5
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
I<3Phoebe
funnybones021
peachcake21
Silencer13
9 posters

Go down

At a Glance Empty At a Glance

Post by Silencer13 Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:51 pm

So, an idea kinda came to me........I think that a big part of the reason that people loved HA, is the whole Arnold, Helga weird relationship thing. Where its kinda like that Boy meets world, Corey, Topanga thing...Where there a weird pair to be together..but it just works.......I mean you know they belong together and will end up together, somehow, eventually.....But Corey doesn't like Topanga right away....I guess you can say she grows on him, and I thought that would be a good way to go with Arnold and Helga....Where slowly Arnold realizes that Helga is perfect for him... This episode is to kinda start that process...

So anyway to the comic.......

It opens up close up on the school bell ringing.
then focuses on Arnold and Gerald going or at their locker.
Some conversation
Gerald: so you wanna hit the courts later for some one on one
Arnold: yeah, maybe tomorrow
Gerald: tomorrow? why not today? Your grandma (something crazy, but not crazy for grandma)
Arnold: imma gonna ask Lila to that new (place) that just opened
then while they are talking they notice Helga
Shot of Helga walking to a water fountain and someone cuts her off
Helga: One side bucko (as she throws the kid who cut her off)
Back to Arnold and Gerald at locker
Lila walks by and Arnold asks her to new Place(for lack of an "place" ill call it "Cafe-O-Lay")
So she says yeah, He says Great
Little conversation of time and pick up or whatever.
A shot of Arnold In his room, getting ready,but so excited he has a hard time dressing..Falling, knocking things down alerting Grandpa.
Grandpa: Watcha doin shortman?
Arnold: getting ready, im going out with Lila
grandpa: that nice girl youre always talking about?
Arnold: yup
more talking about getting expectations to high. Arnold kinda brushes it off with an, OK grandpa.
he picks up Lila, You look pretty, so do you, kinda thing, start walking
Shot of them in front of Cafe-o-Lay
They go inside and get a table
General idea is the waiters /workers are rude and have bad service.....But since Lila is too nice, shes ok with everything or not annoyed.
Which annoys him...
The waiters insult them (you cant afford this place, not dress right something like that), take a loooong time bringing their order, just a bad time.
Arnold becomes annoyed when Lilia doesn't see anything wrong with this place.
so they leave and they go to an arcade, and Arnold starts playing some game, but he stinks at it...Losing soon after starting.....This goes on for a couple of games.
Lila starts trying to encourage arnold, but it comes out condescending, and patronizing, which also start to annoy him....
So After a while he takes her home says good night, i had fun, yeah me to......
Then hes home, Grandpas awake and they begin to talk...
Short conversation about high expectations, being to perfect, to nice, Grandpa ends with something like......
Grandpa: Ya know i always thought it was the imperfect people that made life a little more, shall i say, exciting.
Next day Arnold walking with Gerald bouncing Basket Ball
Gerald: Too Nice? What do you mean too nice?
Arnold: I don't know. She just was....
Gerald: Too nice...
Arnold: Yeah it was just a terrible restaurant, and she just kept acting......Nice
Gerald: what are you saying?
Arnold: I dont know... I just wish she was a little more...
Gerald: What?
Arnold: Pushy
Gerald: Pushy?
Arnold: Well maybe not pushy, just you......a little know more like.....
Both notice Helga
Shot of Helga walking toward jolly holly man and kid running past her....
Gerald: You mean like HELGA!!!
Arnold: Well yeah....or maybe....NO...not exactly.......oh I dont know....lets just go.
Gerald: Whatever you say Arnold, whatever you say.
Shot of kid cutting of Helga
Helga : One side fish bait....(shoves kid out the way)
as arnold and gerald are walking away
Final Shot of Arnold looking back and smiling Smile
THE END

So i guess the basic idea for this episode is to kinda open Arnold's eyes and see that maybe he does like some of Helga's qualities and maybe what he thought he liked isn't what he really likes....There could be more episodes like this where he finds more and more things about her that he likes....Then he cant stop thinking about her, questioning, what if shes the one......Which would go perfectly with TJM....because when they have that kiss, instead of like the first movie where Arnold's being kissed and freaking out, its more like he wants to kiss Helga, to see if there any "fireworks" or if he fells like she does.......His little kiss test...

So... what ya think.........

Silencer13
Artist

Back to top Go down

At a Glance Empty Re: At a Glance

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Hmmm...

Well one of the reasons he like likes Lila is that she is nice. Plus he likes the nice people which is what makes Arnold not like like Helga.

I always thought Arnold would get annoyed with her saying "ever so" to much XD

What if while they are in line to order some kid cuts infront of Lila and Arnold is telling her that she should stand up for herself and then he gets annoyed.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Before this episode gets too far, I want to point out that there is a problem with canon.
Craig Bartlett said that the episode "Timberly Loves Arnold" was meant to completely end any feelings (other than friendship) Arnold has for Lila.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:26 pm

What is he falls in love ( or like like) with another girl in another class?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by I<3Phoebe Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Umm, I think he is a little past the point of falling in love with another girl, but thats just my opinion.
I<3Phoebe
I<3Phoebe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer13 Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 am

Hmmmm.......I think my little idea was missed.... so let me say it another way..... i was thinking that in a series of episodes, little by little, he starts to fall for Helga (like growing on him).....like in this one it doesn't have to be Lila, it could be him and Gerald, or by himself, or with someone else......

Like putting him in an situation where someones too nice or too polite, to be pushy, so the day/event/activity sucks and he kinda thinks being a little "pushy" might a good thing.....and starting to "like like" helga and her attitude more

The point of the episode was that, he starts to see maybe some of Helgas quantities are useful i guess....He starts to notice something about Helga that makes him "like like" her....

Silencer13
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 am

So you mean, small things like what you described earlier happening throughout the comic series. I could really see that happening. Little by little Arnold is starting to understand Helga more and even start to like the parts about her that he didn't think he liked. And this will open his mind up little by little so he is able to better understand his own feelings when the jungle movie comes around.

A lot of what you said, like some girls not being pushy enough remind me on that one possible episode on here called Cousin Hilda. Where Hilda is a pushover and wont stand up for herself while Helga will.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer13 Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:20 pm

yup:D .......So with that Cousin Hilda episode, maybe that not pushy idea could slip in there..... I also noticed in a lot of the HA shows that while Helga is mean to Arnold, there are times where, with big problems, shes nice to him and helpful.....So maybe he notices that too....

Silencer13
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Yeah I agree. I could see him start to notice things she does for him a little more. He would notice sometimes, but most the time he was just completely clueless.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:45 pm

For a kid who is around Helga alot woudnt you think he would know. jk

She does do alot for him but she really isint growing on him... Please do this ep!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by I<3Phoebe Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 am

Oh, I get it now. That makes a lot more sense. I think this sounds like a great idea Very Happy
I<3Phoebe
I<3Phoebe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:38 am

If we do the Cousin Hilda first then it will open a window to lead to the "pushy" thing ( the fact that his dream shows how Helga's pushyness is sorta growing)

If we do this one first it creates a window to the Cousin Hilda dream because pushiness grows on him and then he dreams that the "perfect" girl is not always gonna be nice , someone more pushy (Helga).

P.s I just saw the first few mins of The Journal and I noticed that Stella is a little bit like Helga. O_o

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by I<3Phoebe Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:26 pm

peachcake21 wrote:.P.s I just saw the first few mins of The Journal and I noticed that Stella is a little bit like Helga. O_o

Really? I never noticed that. (goes to watch the Journal again).
I<3Phoebe
I<3Phoebe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:01 am

Excellent! MWAHAHAHAHA! Sorry...

Great stuff. We'll have to work that into some of the other episodes. Arnold slowly beginning to realize that he actually likes and/or needs some of Helga's less than appealing traits.

1. Pushy

2. Sarcastic

3. Realistic and constantly bringing him out of his own little world. (In past episodes, she's been known to do that a LOT, and he never seemed to like it much... even though he NEEDS it.)

4. Independent (I honestly think this annoys him)

5. Tomboy attitude (He's been known to go for the "Girly-girls")

There are probably more, but I think these are some of the more important ones we need to focus on for now.

Well, great! That's all I's got fo' now. afro Foshizzle!
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am

I am confused for some reason, ?,
Anyways, what if Arnold is stuck in his world for a reason, he cant get out, he seeks help from all, he finally asks the last person he would ask, Helga, and she brings him back to Earth. He grows on her...... the long process of love grows but that is another episode!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:45 am

peachcake21 wrote:
P.s I just saw the first few mins of The Journal and I noticed that Stella is a little bit like Helga. O_o

I kind of agree! I always thought so as well. It's not super-obvious, but if you really think about who Helga is as a whole, they do have a bit in common. I think it helps to compare Stella with "older Helga" from the 'Married' episode. In her own fantasy dream we can see her as she wishes she was, and at the end of Arnold's "nightmare" we see Helga confess that her meanness is just a front for the sensitive soul within. Both of these versions of Helga are rather reminiscent of Stella, if you ask me. Smile

Anyway, it seems to me that this idea is sort of already being done unconsciously. Perhaps because this is the 6th season it is time to be a bit more heavy-handed?
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Rosethorn wrote:
Anyway, it seems to me that this idea is sort of already being done unconsciously. Perhaps because this is the 6th season it is time to be a bit more heavy-handed?

You mean to look deeply and think more about why-they-act-so thing?

I liked the idea but I also think it shoud be more slight...not so clear to Arnold. And yeah Arnold likes Lila being so nice. And I can't see any negative in her behaviour. She's some kind of a sanguine temperament.
So maybe the point is that Arnold understands that soft people like Lila are not so passionate in life, don't like adventures...they are predictable. Arnold understands it doesn't fit him.
And as it known Arnold isn't interested in Lila anymore maybe there should be an episode about just person...boy or someone who shows why Arnold can't be with Lila.

Last edited by Retromanka on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot some words in english =Р)
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:15 am

Yeah, in my honest opinion I think Arnold is kind of done crushing on girls for right now. He's taking a little time to just not pursue that kind of thing. Of course, he's also unwittingly getting closer to Helga. x3 <3

And yeah, I've always thought Stella was like Helga in a lot of ways. XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 am

I agree that Arnold is done, well not totally Smile Anyways, how will they both get closer?
BTW, Uh Retromanka I didin't write that.

Yeah, I was like "It runs in the family!" What the heck? The REMOVED BY MODERATORS men all mary sort of tough-ish women. XD

Here's a random question: How will Arnold and Helga rule a kingdom? and
What if it was a project at school?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:28 pm

peachcake21 wrote:
BTW, Uh Retromanka I didin't write that.

Sorry...made mistake in quoting.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 pm

It's okay!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down