Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

The Longest Monday 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Longest Monday 2

Post by I<3Phoebe on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:46 am

This idea may have already been presented, but I couldn't find it so I thought I would put it up. As we all know in "The Longest Monday" it was the Fifth graders job to "can" all of the fourth graders. Now that Arnold and co. are fifth graders it's their turn to have some fun. I could totally see Helga, Harold, Sid, and Stinky being the main offenders here. Helga would probably "persuade" Phoebe to join in. A few other choice classmates would join in. And then you would have kids like Lila, Sheena, Eugeen...etc. that will not be participating. Arnold, who would be the main character of this episode would be having a moral dilehma about the whole thing. He would like to keep with the tradition, however his consience gets in the way of this. You could tell that Gerald wants to but doesn't want to abandon Arnold. The whole episode would be about Arnold being tempted to engauge in the "canning" of fourth graders, and the moral decision that would follow. Just a thought, please let me know what you all think.
I<3Phoebe
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Longest Monday 2

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:24 am

Haha I was totally thinking of this! I was going to bring it up, but it looks like you beat me to it. Even when I was little I wanted to know the answer to the question asked at the end of that episode: would they actually continue the tradition next year? I would love to see this episode happen so we could explore that. I really love the moral dilemma thing going on with Arnold and I totally agree with you about the kids that would be doing the caning and those that wont. I could see Gerald trying to convince Arnold that it is "all in good fun" and that no one gets hurt from it, but Arnold still remembers what it was like for them last year and he doesn't want to do that to anyone else. hmm, I wonder how the episode will end. It can go so many different ways! I really can't see Arnold canning anyone though lol, that would just be weird, but still it would be fun to explore Arnold's character. Present the audience with the possibility of Arnold going through with something like that. Girr, I don't remember that episode very well... I'll have to go rewatch it! And then hopefully I'll have more ideas.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 pm

I wonder , are we gonna put in the little 3rd graders ( now suppost to be in 4th ) that were at the end?

Could he "accidentaly" can someone? Accidentaly?

Hmmmm....

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:32 pm

That sounds like an awesome plot! Since Arnold and his pals are in fifth grade now, it is their turn to dunk the fourth graders. Helga and Harold strike me as the ones who would be very eager to do it, seeing that they like to have fun at the expense of others. Now Arnold doesn't seem willing to do it and humiliate/hurt the kids since he's the goody-good of the group, but I'm also very sure Lila would NEVER go for it ("Dunking kids in garbage cans? That sounds just ever so wrong!" Haha!). Of course the only thing I want to bring up is what day did it take place when they were fourth graders and Wolfgang and his friends are very tall for their age, making them look much older and menacing, while Arnold and his friends really don't follow that, which doesn't make them threatening to the new fourth graders. (Hey I even wondered what grade is Chocolate Boy in and if he's one who might get dunked.)
mannardme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 pm

I wonder if it's only for boys because when I remember seeing the ep it only Wolfgang and his guy friends were trashing everyone.

Hmm...

*Goes to watch it again*

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah, there definitive is a size difference but I think it will still be fine. I can still see Harold, Helga and Stinky easily be able to can the current fourth graders. And people small like Sid can be helping them, but I don't think he has the ability to lift a kid off the ground.

haha I could totally see Arnold accidentally canning someone. Like he knocks a can off a high place and it lands on top of a fourth grader, completely covering them with garbage.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 am

mannardme wrote:

Of course the only thing I want to bring up is what day did it take place when they were fourth graders and Wolfgang and his friends are very tall for their age, making them look much older and menacing, while Arnold and his friends really don't follow that, which doesn't make them threatening to the new fourth graders. (Hey I even wondered what grade is Chocolate Boy in and if he's one who might get dunked.)

LOL! Maybe the new forth graders could be a lot smaller! And they just keep getting smaller and shorter throughout the years! LOL!

But you know, we could make the 'newbies' smaller and shorter and of course our forth grade gang grew ever so slightly. So we could do that.
But there is one thing I'd like to point out here...

In the episode, around the end or middle or somewhere, there was a scene where some third graders were teasing Arnold and Gerald about being canned, and Arnold and Gerald were all "Well, you won't think it's too funny when we're the ones canning YOU.", then the kids asked in fright, "You're not really gonna can us... are you?". So then They were all "Naw, we won't.", you know, being nice to them.

So maybe this episode could be about Arnold keeping his word even though it's very tempting and he's got his classmates (Helga excluded?) pressuring him.

And Chocolate boy is either in the second or third grade. I think the reference to that is in, "Buses, bikes, and subways." Is that the episode? Well, it's the one with the Harold and Helga being left behind at the chocolate factory. Remember? Chocolate boy tagged along even though he isn't in the forth grade.

So yeah... That's all I got.
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm

[quote="Weird1"]
mannardme wrote:

In the episode, around the end or middle or somewhere, there was a scene where some third graders were teasing Arnold and Gerald about being canned, and Arnold and Gerald were all "Well, you won't think it's too funny when we're the ones canning YOU.", then the kids asked in fright, "You're not really gonna can us... are you?". So then They were all "Naw, we won't.", you know, being nice to them.

So maybe this episode could be about Arnold keeping his word even though it's very tempting and he's got his classmates (Helga excluded?) pressuring him.

Yeah but at the end of that episode after he said that he also turned to Gerald and said, "maybe we should keep the tradition going." So it sounds like he really thinks that he might join in, but also he has "a year to think about it." so there is no pressure. But know that year is up and he still isn't sure. Although, like I said, Arnold actually going through with it and canning people is a weird thought to me.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:00 am

It would be wierd but WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN!

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 am

How about they just... and then they could... and somewhere in the middle they could all just... or maybe... and in the end they could all live happily ever after! What a Face

...Nah, I got nothing.
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Weird1 wrote:How about they just... and then they could... and somewhere in the middle they could all just... or maybe... and in the end they could all live happily ever after! What a Face

...Nah, I got nothing.

lol the same idea came into my head lol
ending episode as always arnold' saying "Guys! School traditions of cause matter but only we choose to follow them or not" and on the backs Helga, Stingy, Sid, Harold and other bullies from the class running after poor 4th graders.
Retromanka
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:54 pm

What if the 6th graders tell them that they better continue the tradition or they'l _________________. So yeah, Arnold is the only one who wont can anyone (now that I think about it what about Pheobe?). Everyone is pressuring Arnold to can someone, especially because of the 6th grader's threat. . . . . . . . . . . . . . At the top of the roof, fed up that everyone keeps pressuring them, Arnold give's his litttle speeches and explains that he'll never can anyone, he hits a trash can that happens to be at the top of the roof and then you hear, "AHH! I've been canned!" Everyone cangradulates him. Some long sequence of events or even a short process of events . . . . . . . . THE END!

What ya think?! What a Face

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Can on the roof? Maybe he'll fall down from the roof in the can fulled of a soft trash and a cover closes? Cool
Retromanka
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:03 am

How'll fall down?!

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Slip on or stumple...if guys go on him insisting to catch 4th graders and he'll be going backwards.
But how can be on the roof?
Retromanka
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Uhhh. . . well I guess if it reamins unknown it could be funny that way.
Someone would say" Why is there a trash can on the roof!"
It could be the kids evil plan >Smile
or maybe Pookie wastrying to write a piano song (BTW is her piano still on the roof?) but she kept messing up so she put a trash can on the roof so dhe can dispose of her horrible songs!
or what if Pookie is being Pookie and she put a trash can on the roof!
*breaths*
I dunno

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

ahaha Pookie could really do that lol
I imagined if it can be Monkeyman's to throw his banana peels while jumping from roof to roof *not so convincing but who knows* lol
Retromanka
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 pm

lol

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down