Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

TJM setup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TJM setup

Post by funnybones021 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:16 pm

I have been thinking about this episode for months and I've been meaning to post it, but I never did. Then mrshowtime's Graduation episode idea made me think of it again.

I was thinking that the final episode of the 6th season should be a setup to the Jungle Movie...but in a different way from The Journal (there's no point in telling the same story twice).

Personally, I think that it would be interesting to have a story about some events that happened after Arnold's parents disappeared. It would be from Grandma and Grandpa's perspective. It would need to be really funny, but it should have some serious undertones too. Remember that Grandma and Grandpa just lost their son and daughter in law, and they're now responsible for raising a child even though they're both in their 70's.

I'm not exactly sure what events though. I haven't thought too much about it lately. I think Arnold's classmates should be involved in this too because other than Gerald and Helga, I'm not sure if any of them know the story behind Arnold's parents. Maybe there could be some sort of revelation about why Arnold is who he is.

My thoughts are pretty jumbled right now. Any ideas about how to straighten this out?
funnybones021
Director

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Re: TJM setup

Post by leilistories on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Er... first birthday without his parents, first time day of school, learning how to ride a bike...

Something like that? @3@
leilistories
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Yeah, some things like that. I'm just wondering what would be the best way to do it.

At first I was thinking that Grandma and Grandpa telling a story would be the way to go. But that's how Parent's Day and The Journal episodes worked. So maybe something different.
I'm not sure how to do it, though.
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 am

Hmm... I'm drawing a blank, too.

It's kinda hard to have this be sort of a prologue to The Jungle Movie without repeating a bunch of stuff that they showed in "The Journal" or "Parent's Day", though...

Well, it might be interesting if they weren't telling the stories to Arnold... but maybe to each other, or to one of his friends, I guess? It could maybe start with Arnold's friend's curiosity of Miles and Stella, which leads to Phil telling them about how different his life was without parents.

Plus, it might lead into heartwarming or heartbreaking scenes, which we know everybody loves Very Happy
leilistories
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am

I just thought of something that might be interesting.
A little over a year ago I made a youtube video about what Arnold's parents would say if they could send Arnold a message. Youtube deleted the video, but I still have it saved on my computer.
Maybe we could reverse that and have Arnold and his grandparents share their thoughts to the audience about what they would say if they could send Miles and Stella a message.

That would be a little more personal, so probably not something that would involve the whole class in anyway. Although, I guess if they wanted to video tape it instead of write it Gerald, Phoebe, and Helga (the main 4 kids with Arnold) could be involved somehow.

What do you think of that?
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:19 am

Yeah, that's a cute idea Smile A message to them would definitely be a heartwarming topic.

I can kind of imagine it being a younger, more naive Arnold trying to contact them, even though it obviously wont work. Being inspired by Winnie the Pooh, I'm kinda seeing it as letting the letter blow away in the wind (I think that was Winnie the Pooh). But that's probably not what you had in mind xD

So, what, you mean Arnold is actually planning to send the letter/videotape, or is this just the thought of it?
leilistories
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 am

Actually, I really like your idea of a younger Arnold trying to contact them. I think that sounds kind of cool. And letting it blow away in the wind or maybe a message in a bottle sent to sea is also a really great idea.
Maybe we could even have an ending where we show that Arnold's message might have actually made it to Miles and Stella, but we leave it very vague (so that the readers can't really know for sure.)

The other idea I came up with yesterday is about Arnold's essay. We know from chats with Craig Bartlett that Arnold and his class win a trip to South America because Arnold wins an essay contest. Maybe the last episode should be about Arnold composing his award winning essay. We can save the fact that he actually wins for the movie.

Maybe if we're really clever, we could find a way to combine the two ideas Very Happy
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Well, if it's a message in a bottle going out to sea, we could just show it hitting land... that way we know it ended up somewhere... I'm not sure how we'd do it if we had it blowing away in the wind, though.

Maybe the essay could be inspired by Arnold's letter? Or maybe the letter part could just be a memory that plays throughout the comic. You know, different panels shown after certain scenes of Arnold writing the letter to his parents.
leilistories
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:16 am

You know, I gave insights on my essay on TJM as to what I think Arnold would write to win the contest in order to go to San Lorenzo. I'm not sure I'm entirely correct, but I wrote based on how I think it makes sense to move the story along: Arnold would say he wants to go to San Lorenzo to try and locate his parents since he learned that they went there when they disappeared years ago.
mannardme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrshowtime on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:10 am

Maybe Arnold sees what Grandpa and Grandma are going through with bringing him up and that gives him the strength to write the essay and win the trip to San Lorenzo.
mrshowtime
Writer

View user profile http://mrshowtime.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:49 pm

I think it would be cool if he tied the message to a balloon (like, a really good balloon that won't pop), and let it go. Then, at the end of the episode, we see the balloon still floating along in the sky over what looks like San Lorenzo. =D

Just thoughts. XD

But I really like the idea of this episode! Very Happy
Meganium
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:56 am

I really like that balloon idea! Very Happy
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:51 am

Oh, really? I thought it was kind of silly since balloons pop...But just look at Balloony from Phineas and Ferb; I guess we could say the balloon lasted that long....

But I'm glad you like it! ^___^

Oh, and sorry if I was unclear, but I meant I thought YOUNG Arnold should send off the balloon. XD
Meganium
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Well, we could make it about young Arnold. Maybe Arnold remembers the note that he sent off to his parents in the balloon from when he was younger and we see him starting to pen his essay...then there's a cut away scene where he's young Arnold again, and he releases the balloon, and then it floats over San Lorenzo somewhere.

Or something like that. Did I make no sense? Razz

We could just leave the real essay writing part to TJM itself, but I think we can do a scene where we show him starting to write something.
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SkaterGi on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 pm

I was thinking about including Helga's parents in the movie and they help save the kids and the Green Eyes. Like later in the movie they find a note saying Helga went to San Lorenzo with her classmates and she might not come back. Miriam and Bob being completely stunned by this decide to travel to San Lorenzo to try to find their daughter. It could actually be one of those rare moments where Bob and Miriam actually do care about Helga. I read in this fanfic, which is great to read, by the way where Bob and Miriam actually knew Arnold's parents when they were growing up.

(Bob and Miriam look into the eyes of their youngest daughter and a teary smile comes to their face)

(Miriam steps closer to Helga)

Miriam: Helga? I-is that you?

Helga: [Crying] Yeah, yeah it's me. Mom?

(They both step closer to each other and quickly embrace each other in a tight, long hug)

Miriam: Helga, we were so frantic! You scared us half to death! Oh, mommy's here.

Helga: I'm sorry, Mom. It's just that...I needed to help Arnold locate his parents and save the Green Eyes. To tell you the truth I didn't think you cared if I came back.

Bob: Helga! You're okay, girl! Ah, that's my girl!

Helga: Bob? You came?

Bob: Of course I did. I-I mean...to help look after your mother and find you and..well...

(Helga smiled warmly at her father and ran quickly up to him and hugged him)

Helga: It doesn't matter. I'm just glad you're both here.

Helga: Arnold has been a real friend to me when I had none. The least I can do is help.

Miriam: (looks away) We understand, Helga. Whatever happens know that we love you and whatever choice you make, we'll support you.

Helga: Thanks.

SkaterGi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top