Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Battle of the Sexes

Go down

Battle of the Sexes

Post by Luckycharm on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 pm

I've been toying with this idea for a little bit and I've decided to finally share it.

Essentially, it would be an episode with a "Battle of the Sexes" premise. At my school, we did this with tug of war, longest handstands, racing, but also singing and a dance the two sides spent weeks practicing. I think it would be fun if Arnold's school did something similar. I can imagine there would likely be sabotage and Arnold telling everyone they should play fair. I haven't really fleshed it out.

Really, this could go anywhere and I think it would be a very fun episode. It would also give a chance to highlight some of the minor characters and their talents.
Luckycharm
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battle of the Sexes

Post by ger5632 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Great idea! An episode that can include everyone.
ger5632
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 pm

lol I'd totally be up for it. This kinda reminds me of "Helga's makeover" where the guys and girls basically split into two during the slumber party. That was a good episode. It also reminds me of how, as kids, we would sometimes see such a big difference between guys and girls (e.g.. the battle between Barbie dolls and Hot Rods), only to later grow up and see that there isn't much difference between the two genders.

But the thing about HA! that I also really like is that there isn't much of a big split between the guys/girls. They kinda hang out as an entire group at times. Then again, you have to remember the opening song of HA! where the guys are faced up against the girls. But yeah, I think that seeing this idea into an episode would definitely remind me of how silly I was as a kid when I thought girls were quite different from guys and vise versa.

lol I think my favourite "boy vs. girl" activity was when one gender would try to imitate the other. So the girls were basically stomping around and grunting, while the guys were on their tippy toes and giggling with their pinkies out. lol Ah, good memories. XD

I'm not sure if I went a bit off topic, but yeah, great idea!
tendra91
Director

View user profile http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 pm

OF TOPIC Uhh... SORT OF
I remember reading a book about a girl who after being irritated by boys, does a science project about who is "better". Meanwhile, her friend does a "boy trap" after accidentally traping her brother in her mouse trap. In the end they relize no one is better, they're equal.

The only time in my schools that we ever did bys-vs-girl things was in dodgeball, tug-of-war, and jeoperdy.

I like what Tendra said, so do the boys immitate who they want or do they have roles? Immagine Eugene acting like Helga XD Okay, he wouldn't but still XD

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum