Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents)

+3
WillBillXP
Retromanka
PleaseSendMoney
7 posters

:: Staff Only :: Want Ads

Go down

'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents) Empty 'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents)

Post by PleaseSendMoney Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm looking to assemble a team for my episode idea called 'Helga Excels', which is about Helga getting full marks in an important test, and getting more attention from her parents as a result.

Roles
# Group Leader: PleaseSendMoney
# Brainstormers: PleaseSendMoney, WillBillXP, gjsmo
# Script Writers: PleaseSendMoney, Retromanka, RandomPerson52
# Thumbnail Artists: Retromanka, (Places still available)
# Pencillers: (None yet)
# Inkers: (None yet)
# Colourists: gjsmo
# Background Artists: (None yet)
# Clean-up Artists: (None yet)
# Editors (minimum of 2): RandomPerson52, Meganium
# Advertisers: RandomPerson52

If you'd like to add your name to the staff list, please say so and what role you want.

Plot
We all know Helga's very smart, and 'The Aptitude Test' proves that. So that's where this episode idea came from.
It starts with the class doing show and tell on their favourite books. Harold is just finishing his presentation: "...and that's why I think Pet The Kitty is the best book ever". And then Helga's next and she does something way above the level of fifth graders like Nineteen Eight-Four. After her presentation the class all give her blank looks. Harold asks: "Does it have kitties in it?"
Mr Simmons then congratulates Helga and sends her back to her seat. He then tells the class about an important test that is coming up (possibly some kind of placement test) and he gives them all letters that contain information about the test to give to their parents. Obviously the class aren't particularly please about this test, especially Helga. However when Helga gets home and her parents read the letter, they realise how important the test and drive Helga to study for it, maybe saying something about how Olga always studied hard for important tests and about how she got 99% when she did this test. Annoyed, Helga stomps off to her room and rants about Olga and how Olga always has to be perfect at everything and why do her parents always have to make a big deal of Olga's talents and not hers? "I mean, I bet I could do just as well as Olga in a test if I wanted to!". She then realises that Bob said Olga got 99%, meaning its possible to do better than her. This drives her to study more for the test. As a result, she does very well in the test and gets 100%, and is told that she is the first student of PS.118 to get a perfect score on the test. Her parents are extremely proud of her, and start making a fuss over her in the same way they do with Olga. Delighted with the new amount of attention she's getting, she continues to study for school, due to continuous encouragement from her parents. However, her parents encouragement ends up making it a manic obsession as she dedicates all her time to studying, refusing to go to a baseball game because she says she has to study. Arnold looks a little concerned at this, and confused.
In class Mr simmons reminds about a creative writing assignment that's due in a few days. Helga thinks this should be easy, but when she gets home she finds she can't think of a poem after all the pressure and stress of her studying; not to mention that with the studying consuming all her time, she hasn't had any Arnold related incidents that would inspire a poem. She thens overhears Miriam in the entrance hall talking to Olga on the phone about how well Helga's doing. Miriam also says something about how Helga's becoming just like Olga. Helga then remembers what Olga said about always having to perform for them like a wind-up doll and is horrified at the thought of ending up like that.

Next day at school, Arnold finds her lying her head on the table at lunch, and asks what's wrong. She then starts venting out about her parents and the pressure they've out her under to study and how they seem to be expecting her to always be like Olga. She also says about how she plans to deliberately fail the creative writing assignment so things can go back to normal, she hasn't got much choice anyway since the stress is stopping her from writing. Arnold then tells her that that isn't the right thing to do, as she'd then never be able to well ever in the future without her parents pressurising her. He says it would be much better to just to confront them about the problem to try and get them to lay off a bit. Helga admits that she likes doing well, and thats she's never put the effort into other classwork because she was afraid this sort of thing would happen, and she didn't really like deliberately doing worse than she could.

So when she gets home, Bob and Miriam start giving her encouragement about the creative writing assignment, but she then confronts them about everything, telling them that she's different to Olga and to stop pressurising her into trying to be like her. Her parents apologise and agree to let her get on by herself. The phone then rings and Miriam answers it. Olga is on the other end, and her parents start pouring over her again. Helga then says "well, everything's back to normal..." and walks off to her room.

Last edited by PleaseSendMoney on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 am; edited 7 times in total
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents) Empty Re: 'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents)

Post by Retromanka Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 pm

I could help with script and thumnails Smile Like the plot Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents) Empty Re: 'Helga Excels' Staff Wanted ESPECIALLY ARTISTS! (Helga does well in a test and gets attention from her parents)

Post by PleaseSendMoney Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Retromanka wrote:I could help with script and thumnails Smile Like the plot Very Happy
Thanks Smile I've added you in.
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by WillBillXP Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 am

Since I've already helped you get started, I guess I'll help brainstorm for you as well.

WillBillXP
Writer

http://192.168.1.1_REMOVEPASTHERE_To_get_this_to_work_you'll_hav

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomPerson52 Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:36 pm

I can help write the script.
RandomPerson52
RandomPerson52
Writer

https://www.youtube.com/user/SonAnimeFreaks?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:17 am

I'll add you in
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomPerson52 Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 am

thanks
RandomPerson52
RandomPerson52
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 am

Well... I suppose I'll sign up for brainstormer and colorist? Although you've already got two brainstormers...

I would sign up for background artist, but I'm not good enough yet.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:06 pm

gjsmo wrote:Well... I suppose I'll sign up for brainstormer and colorist? Although you've already got two brainstormers...

You're in for both of those! Let me know when you think you're ready to be a background artist
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:19 pm

PleaseSendMoney wrote:
gjsmo wrote:Well... I suppose I'll sign up for brainstormer and colorist? Although you've already got two brainstormers...

You're in for both of those! Let me know when you think you're ready to be a background artist

I'll be working on background-type cartoon art this year, so maybe I'll be ready soon.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:47 pm

gjsmo wrote:
PleaseSendMoney wrote:

I'll be working on background-type cartoon art this year, so maybe I'll be ready soon.

Sure, just show me some of when it's done and you'll probably get the job.
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomPerson52 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey I've been seeing that you need more staff members. I can also either try help with the editing or the advertising, its up to you.
RandomPerson52
RandomPerson52
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:26 pm

RandomPerson52 wrote:Hey I've been seeing that you need more staff members. I can also either try help with the editing or the advertising, its up to you.

Which would you rather be on? I can put you on both if you like
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomPerson52 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:50 pm

I can try and do both.
RandomPerson52
RandomPerson52
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 am

*raises hand* Ooh, ooh, pick me!! I'd LOVE to edit this!! Helga episodes are my personal specialty. <3
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 am

Meganium wrote:*raises hand* Ooh, ooh, pick me!! I'd LOVE to edit this!! Helga episodes are my personal specialty. <3

We, uh, noticed.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:59 am

LOL. What can I say; she intrigues me. <3
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 am

You're in!
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Kichi Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:52 pm

New here but I definitely would love to sign up on this project as a penciler/inker! Very Happy
Kichi
Kichi
Artist

http://kittykichi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Kichi wrote:New here but I definitely would love to sign up on this project as a penciler/inker! Very Happy

Sorry for late reply, but you're in.
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down