Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

It is tradition, after all

Go down

It is tradition, after all

Post by Cadence on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:29 am

I don't believe this has been discussed anywhere (if it was, this can be deleted), but the threads about Wolfgang have me wondering: How are our new fifth-graders (I mean Arnold and the gang, of course) going to handle the tradition of throwing fourth-graders into trash cans each year?

Would they really take the moral high ground and end the tradition? They might not... I mean, those kids can be pretty durn scary when it comes down to it. Even Arnold is a lil' scary at times... What if, for whatever reason, he were to lead the assault on the 4th graders? We rarely see him show any aggression, except occasionally towards Helga (xD), and that one time when he learned to fight. I can actually see him being the first to can a kid, if he was having a bad day.

And he would probably end up feeling bad about it... and find some way to make it up to the 4th graders. Ice cream should be involved. Very Happy And thus, a new tradition is started: Fifth-graders buy ice cream for the fourth-graders (though the trash-canning might be required first xD Either way.)

Ending--
Random 4th Grader: "Next year, we'll buy ice cream for the new fourth graders!"
Other R4G: "Yeah, after we throw them in the trash cans, of course."
*All 4Gs raise plastic sporks in agreement*
Arnold: Shocked "It's a start..."
*all go back to eating ice cream*

Would it work as an episode, or just turn into a dull retelling of Longest Monday? Well, you tell me! =D
Cadence
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It is tradition, after all

Post by Hellerick on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:42 am

There is a fanfic about it. Or rather that's what the 11th chapter of the second volume of Dale Fjord's saga is about: "Trash Can Day".
Hellerick
Translator

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:01 am

I think this idea has the potential to be a lot more than a dull retelling of 'Longest Monday'.
It's focus is more on the 5th graders side, rather than the 4th grade (offensive vs. defensive). I can't imagine Arnold being the one to lead the assult, though (especially in these later episodes where he's practically elevated to sainthood) unless all the 4th graders did something to make him really really mad.

Maybe he's pressured into it, has a good time at first, but then feels sympathetic or something. I don't know lol. I really liked the ice cream scene. Any scene where you can use plastic sporks is worth a try (a spoon and a fork...how do they do it?)
funnybones021
Director

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Clearly, Helga should lead the new fifth graders on canning day. And Arnold's like: "I think the madness should stop." And Helga's all: "You are such a priss. This is tradition. And now we get to be on the awesome side of it so OF COURSE WE ARE PUTTING THEM IN CANS."

The only trouble is that most of the class members are still little and have noodle arms and would probably have a difficult time putting another human being in a trashcan.
Squirreltamer
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 pm

But, if you look at the 3rd graders at the end of the 'Longest Monday' episode it looks like they're pretty small (except for maybe the kid with the football). I think they can take 'em.
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadence on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Squirreltamer wrote:Clearly, Helga should lead the new fifth graders on canning day. And Arnold's like: "I think the madness should stop." And Helga's all: "You are such a priss. This is tradition. And now we get to be on the awesome side of it so OF COURSE WE ARE PUTTING THEM IN CANS."

The only trouble is that most of the class members are still little and have noodle arms and would probably have a difficult time putting another human being in a trashcan.

Agree with the Helga bit, but Arnold should join in. Still don't know what would drive him to join in though. Maybe he's being followed by fourth grader all day and it just won't shut up, and is asking dumb questions. "So, why are you not canning? Are you a big fourth grader? Can you just not catch us?" D= All his "grown-up" friends are being cool with the violence and the kid is pretty annoying, so Arnold plays along.

Then guilt.
Cadence
Editor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:57 pm

I really find it very hard to believe Arnold would join in on the canning. He was against it in Longest Monday and since then he's only become more and more about 'doing the right thing'. I just feel like it'd be totally out of character for him to go on a canning spree with the rest of the gang.
Squirreltamer
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 pm

I would love to see an episode about this!!
It's funny, and has this real Hey Arnold feeling, with a moral to the story (first doing something bad, then finding out that it was wrong, and always to trust only your good instincts, not letting anger make your decisions..)
I think Arnold wouldn't run after them, but he'd come up with some great plan, to trap all the 4th graders and dump a huge amount of garbage on them XD But the 4th graders have to make him angry, he needs a reason to go after them. Like, if the 4th graders would be like "you stupid 5th graders, you're too stupid to catch us, we have a secret strategy", maybe then Arnold would want to win Very Happy

This is what they said at the end of the old episode:

3th graders: haha haha haha, you 4th graders got garbage canned!
Gerald: Ha ha, really funny. Yes sir, baby. Just wait till next year, when it's your turn!
3th grader: Well, you really wouldn't do that to us, would you?
Arnold: Neh, I guess not.
3th grader: Geez, thanks mister!
*walk away*
Arnold: I don't know, maybe we SHOULD keep up the tradition!
Gerald: You think?
Arnold: Well, there's two sides, at least we got all year to think about it..
Annemiek
Artist

View user profile http://heyarnold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coloredskies84 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:13 pm

I can definitely see that! Arnold does have quite the competitive streak! Very Happy

I think this episode idea is very good by the way. It would be interesting to see Trash Can Day from the point of view of Arnold and the gang as fifth graders. I don't think it would be a retelling of Longest Monday at all...more like a sequel. XD
coloredskies84
Writer

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I would find it funny if Arnold unconsciously helped with Trash Can Day. Like, he tries to help the 4th graders but it ends up getting the 4th graders trapped for trashing. Arnold: "Whoops."
tendra91
Director

View user profile http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:32 pm

I like that Tendra. It reminds me of a quote by Craig where he says "(Arnold) is trying to make the world a better place and failing utterly."

This probably relates more to earlier episodes, because by the end of the show Arnold has a very impressive resume. In fact, Craig said this only a few days before HA! first aired...but I think it would be cool to see a little bit more of "early Arnold" sneak it's way back into the 6th season.
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 am

I like the idea that Arnold pretends to be 4th graders' saint protector, but in the end it turns out that he has set up the greatest 4th graders trap in the history of PS118.
Hellerick
Translator

View user profile http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:00 pm

What if Arnold, for whatever reason, is at the top of a building. He is mad and kicks a trash can which falls from the building and a little kid screams
"Ahhhhh! I've been canned!"
XD

peachcake21
Translator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm

I like the idea of him trying to honestly help the fourth graders, but fails at the end. I think that would be really funny, besides, he can't win them all.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down