Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold leaving on vacation

+3
18log
Cadence
PinkGloom
7 posters

Go down

Arnold leaving on vacation Empty Arnold leaving on vacation

Post by PinkGloom Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 pm

I was wondering what if Helga kind of bonded with Arnold's Grandma?

I was thinking this:
Arnold and his grandfather go on a fishing trip for a weekend during the summer or whenever but Arnold tells everyone not to tell Helga because if she finds out she'll annoy him twice as much until he leaves because that is what she has done in the past.
So they are all playing kick ball and Helga asks where Arnold is (Arnold already left)and Gerald tells her he went on a fishing trip but Helga doesn't believe him so she goes to Arnolds house to pound him for being lazy (or whatever, Helga never needs much of a reason. Smile
Well on the way there (they were playing kick ball in the park) Helga looks at there tree and is inspired to start rehearsing poetry. Arnold's Grandmother is hunting tigers in the park and happens to over hear Helga. She confuses her for Dr. Livingston (or someone) and tells Helga how impressed she is with her poetry and invites her over to dinner because there is no one home to share dinner with her. (I think Arnold's Grandmother would easily get lonely by herself.) But in the guise of ask Helga as Livingston.
Helga declines and asks grandma is Arnold is home. She explains that Arnold and grandpa are gone for the weekend. So Helga storms off.
Helga goes straight home and hides in her room. When she goes down for dinner she realizes that there is nothing to eat (as usual or she was forgotten) So in a fit Helga runs from the house and finds herself at Arnold's front door.
Helga's stomach starts to rumble and she figures why not and knock on the door.

How do you like it so far? If it seems plausible I'll finish the plot line but if not don't want to waste anymore of your time.

It just always seemed to me that given the right set of circumstances that Arnold's Grandmother and Helga could bond very well Smile

Thanks
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Arnold leaving on vacation Empty Re: Arnold leaving on vacation

Post by Cadence Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:05 pm

I agree. =) Plus, the look on Arnold's face if he were to walk in on Helga and his grandma laughing together (possibly over his baby pictures) would be priceless. xD
Cadence
Cadence
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 am

Well thank you Cadence. Glad to see it's not as far fetched as I thought. I just can't seem to get it out of my head!
To add to it:
Helga would come into the house and Grandma has prepared something awesome. (Do we know what Helga's favorite food is? Other then 'ice cream') Helga has kind of struck me as a 'To my heart thru my stomach' kind of person and that maybe this is one of the times Helga warms up slightly more then she regularly would because of all the great food.
At first not a lot of conversation, just grandma making odd comments occasionally, Helga looking confused but agreeing as she is stuffing her face.
After eating Helga tries to leave but grandma stops her and says she must stay for 'the hunt' and get dressed.
So next thing Helga knows she is dressed for safari. (fake mustache and all?) Helga just goes along with it at first but gradually starts to loosen up as this is the first real one on one attention she's gotten from an adult in a long time.
So I figured Safari...just general crazy grandma stuff you know?
So when grandpa and Arnold return, grandma and Helga are looking at a photo album from when Arnold was a kid (thanks, Cadence!) and Arnold is extremely shocked and grandpa just shrugs his shoulders at the situation, "That's life short man."
I know that Helga and grandma couldn't have an intense relationship after the episode but I think that this might help loosen Helga up a bit (at least at times) make her more likable (for Jungle movie) and that occasionally references could be made about it. Plus Helga would have an excuse to be at Arnold's now!

Let me know what you think!
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:54 am

Hey this sounds like a really good idea! Its like Helga and Grandma bonding!
Maybe Gertie could tell a story about how she was also mean and bad to Phil, but secretly inlove with him.
Like Helga! Very Happy

And maybe after Gerald tells Helga that Arnold left for the weekend, she'll will be like "So the lil' Football Head's gone for the week eh? Oh man this is gonna be the best week ever!" to Gerald.

But when she's alone, she'll go on a Soliloquy (or however you spell it) like behind the dumpster again or something x]
18log
18log
Writer

http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:14 am

I know! Helga and Grandma seem so much a like! A background story with grandma would be nice too! Why was she mean? Ignored as a kid too?
I just love Arnold's grandparents!
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah we could say that Gertie was pretty much ignored by her parents like Helga.

Then maybe Gertie abused Phil (just like Helga) but afterwards, Phil would've said something to her that causes her to be SUPER imaginative since her family ignored her.

But i dont know really know how they would fall in love with eachother...
anyone got any ideas?
18log
18log
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:50 pm

When Gertie talks about her first date with Phil they look a bit older, like 18 or even 20. She might have left and really done some of those crazy things she talks about. I think when she came back from it all she had mellowed some. I think like Helga will, Gertie more then likely grow out of her bullying habits along the way and realized there was a better way to handle the situation.

Even the little bit the show from Gertie and Phil's first date, she had become more feminine. So maybe it was a 'date' to catch up on old times?

Any other ideas?
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:26 am

18log wrote:
Yeah we could say that Gertie was pretty much ignored by her parents like Helga.

Back then children were not ignored by parents, they were exploited by parents.

As for Phil&Gertie... It looks like they were not a pair during the WWII (he had a photo of Hedy Lamarr, not her; and was eager to receive the French girls' attention), and their son is much younger than they. I suppose they had a very long on and off relationship.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Hmm..

Well the problem is that were kinda making our ideas TOO real for a cartoon.
We don't have to remember EVERYTHING from HA! and let it be part of the comic.

We could just say that Phil & Gertie were once together, until Phil decided to join the army. We dont have to bring up the French ladies, or the photo of Hedy Lamarr.
Or something like that, but what im just saying is that we dont have to bring up something from HA! and let it be a problem. (Unless its something that was like a tradition that a HA! character did or does) rabbit
18log
18log
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysbone Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 am

I like this. Smile Maybe Gerdie can tell Helga her story (experience) with Phil when she was a young girl. Maybe Helga can have some kind of bond or connection with Gerdie. And maybe Helga can be hypothetical with Grandma Gerdie but won't admit it's Arnold she's referring too--even though Grandma secretly already knows Helga's referring to Arnold? Smile Sorry i haven't been on in awhile, have had some personal issues to sort out there. And vaca in Florida.

buckysbone
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Vaca in Florida? What part? Live here full time (too hot. hate it)
Anyho, I really do like this idea. The whole Gerdie telling Helga her experience with Phil and ever her life. Gerdie is a wealth of information and I think a episode with her and Helga as main characters could show that.

So is there anything I could do to make this more plausible, so it can be made into a episode? I really do love this idea and I think so do quite a few other people! Which makes me really excited.

PS Your right, Phil and Gerdie were older when they had a kid. Which one Arnold's mom or dad? and do we know their names? Thanks. Very Happy
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Here's a sketch of Helga with a safari hat. (I know she's loop sided sorry) but the question is bow or no bow?

http://pinkgloom92.deviantart.com/

It's on my Deviant page. I tried to post it but my computer is too slow and kept timing out. Sorry!

Please let me know what you think!
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 am

I think that this idea is great!
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:01 am

Don't forget that Grandma is nuts. In her stories we would hear some hints on the real events, but not the real events themselves. Her stories would be very, very... exaggerated. They can include western, fantasy, SciFi etc. elements.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Yes I really do think that "Eleonor" and Gertie are alike, I really can imagine Arnold's shocked face. Laughing
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:22 am

I think Miriam should be passed out and Bob on buisness
LOVE IT!
I think we have enough of a plot line. It's ready!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down