Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chef Sid

+4
tendra91
Hellerick
Saphine
funnybones021
8 posters

Go down

Chef Sid Empty Chef Sid

Post by funnybones021 Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Remember in the episode "Eugene's Birthday", Sid can't make it to the party because he has cooking lessons.

That made me think that it might be cool to have an episode that involves Sid and food. So, here's the idea:
P.S. 118 has an annual dinner and show. Sid volunteers to cater the whole thing, and asks for some help from the other kids in the class. Since Sid probably knows how to cook better than the rest of them, he's the head chef and he assigns the other kids various jobs around the kitchen. Arnold is skeptical that Sid will be able to cater for a whole school, and he tells Sid that he's biting off more than he can chew. Sid is still really confident that he can do it.

The next day the kids get there early in the morning and they need to have everything ready to go by 7:00. Everything starts out okay, but soon Sid finds out that some of the kids aren't acting very professional. Maybe Harold is eating half of the pastries he makes, Helga is burning everything she cooks, Arnold takes too long making one dish, Chocolate Boy wants to put chocolate in everything, etc. Soon, Sid starts yelling at everybody; and everyone gets fed up with it, so they all leave him to do everything himself.

So, Arnold eventually has a discussion with Sid explaining that he was being too bossy...and I guess I didn't think out my ending very well because I don't know where to go from here.
What do you think, and can anyone think of a good ending?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Chef Sid Empty Re: Chef Sid

Post by Saphine Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:26 am

Ooh, I think this would make a very good episode!

I have additional ideas that could work along with this.

So, from what I gather, the School is hosting an annual "Dinner and a Show" type event, right? What if we say that the event is to raise money for the school, and that each individual class will contribute something to the event? I can see Mr. Simmons announcing it to the class, "won't that be fun and exciting?" As per usual, most of the kids groan in response, and when Mr. Simmons asks for suggestions for what they should do, Eugene could suggest putting a skit together, which is followed by more groans.

Surprisingly enough, Sid then suggests preparing desert for the event, catching most of his peer's attention. Some are excited, some aren't, but the overall response is positive (or neutral, whatever), and because Mr. Simmons loves the idea, he signs the class up for it.

I imagine that Sid, being very anxious and bossy over the whole thing, drives the majority of the kids to abandon him. Sid will probably be like, "Fine!" and try to do everything by himself, except Arnold, being the good natured boy that he is, stays behind to help him. So the two frantically try to get the food together. Unfortunately for Arnold, Sid continues to be bossy and shout orders left and right, telling Arnold that he's doing it all wrong. Eventually, though, Arnold gets fed up and decides to leave himself, which warrants another, "Fine!" from Sid. Before Arnold leaves, however, he's sure to state his thoughts (as he so often does in the show when he's had it with someone), telling Sid that he needs to be nicer to the people who are trying to help him.

After a moment of working by his lonesome, Sid realizes that Arnold was right. After all, he can't do everything by himself, you know! He apologizes to his classmates and everyone goes back to help him once more. Things aren't any better this time around, what with Harold still stuffing his face and Chocolate Boy wreaking chocolate havoc, so Sid fits back into his bossy shoes for a second—but only for a second. Arnold shoots him a look and he sheepishly changes strategy and steers his friends into cooperating by asking them politely. Lo and behold, all things work well in the end and desert is served!

But not before Eugene breaks into song, doing a one-man-skit to go along with Sid's awesome desert.

Or something like that. ;p
Saphine
Saphine
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 am

I like that idea, and it's got a nice ending to it.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Saphine Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 am

What, Eugene? LoL. ;D

I really like this idea you came up with overall. I like reading and seeing stories about the major characters, but I really appreciate the minor characters, too, and I don't think they get enough love. We need to do more about the figures we know little about, like Sheena and Nadine.
Saphine
Saphine
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:23 am

I think Chocolate Boy would find better use for chocolate than putting it into everything Smile In fact I don't think anybody would invite him, he would be found out.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Yeah, I was imagining someone saying, "Chocolate Boy, what are you doing here? You're not even in our class!"
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 pm

CB: "Chocolate! Chocolate! Yeah, yeah, chocolate!"
*Chocolate Boy runs to a vat of chocolate*
CB [with a shudder of happiness]: "Cho-o-o-o-colate..."

lol I'd be thinking he would try to mix chocolate in with something not-meant-for-chocolate, like pizza or something.

I'd be thinking that Sid would initially give each kid tiny jobs like "wipe the counter" or "watch this mouse-hole in the wall" because he doesn't want to give the kids any major responsibilities that could screw up dinner. And then we would get on with your idea: Arnold nags Sid a bit, and Sid reluctantly gives the kids real responsibilities, but becomes too anal about each kid's performance. That kind of thing, right?

Anyways, totally love this idea.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:49 pm

tendra91 wrote:lol I'd be thinking he would try to mix chocolate in with something not-meant-for-chocolate, like pizza or something.
That's exactly what I was thinking he would be doing...you've got it.

tendra91 wrote:Arnold nags Sid a bit, and Sid reluctantly gives the kids real responsibilities, but becomes too anal about each kid's performance. That kind of thing, right?
Yep, that's it. I really like the "watch this mouse hole" idea.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Saphine Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:06 am

tendra91 wrote:CB: "Chocolate! Chocolate! Yeah, yeah, chocolate!"
*Chocolate Boy runs to a vat of chocolate*
CB [with a shudder of happiness]: "Cho-o-o-o-colate..."

lol I'd be thinking he would try to mix chocolate in with something not-meant-for-chocolate, like pizza or something.

Ha! That's a perfect impersonation of him.

Maybe he could run off with all of the chocolate, which throws a kink into Sid's planned dish? LoL. Like, "Hey! Where did all the chocolate go?!" Hahaha.

And we totally have to have Eugene fall down somewhere within the story, maybe drop the cake in the process, because it fits the chaotic scenario (Eugene just asks to get thrown into trouble, LOL). Maybe the cake can just barely miss Helga and she'll be like, "DOI! Watch it, Bucko!"
Saphine
Saphine
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:22 am

How about they're making some kind of tart; and Eugene is carrying a plate of them, then he falls, and his face lands right in the plate.
Then, he lifts his head and he's got the tart shells all over his face and custard dripping down. Maybe some berries where his eyes are.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Saphine Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 am

Hahahaha, that's too cute an image. I can actually see it.

I really like where this "episode" is headed.
Saphine
Saphine
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:45 am

I LOVE this Very Happy
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:02 am

Yeah, I forgot about this episode idea Razz

I really like this one too.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mrshowtime Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 pm

This sounds good. I like it!
mrshowtime
mrshowtime
Writer

http://mrshowtime.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I also LOVE it! It's laconic and clear Smile

So what's next? Does this episode need a little summary?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Yes, a detailed outline or a more detailed summary would be nice to have.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Well, is there anything we should add, first?
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah, there probably is. We could start writing the summary and then add things to it as needed if we want to try that.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 pm

I like this idea too!

So are we going to use Saphine's idea?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 pm

I love Saphine's idea Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:54 pm

I agree :3

And Tendra's idea of adding Chocolate Boy adding Chocolate to.. well, everything xD
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum