Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Angry Gaming Geek!"

4 posters

Go down

"The Angry Gaming Geek!" Empty "The Angry Gaming Geek!"

Post by mrshowtime Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Fans of the Angry Video Game Nerd might like this episode:

In the PS 118 computer lab, Arnold and the gang are trying to think what they could do for Mr Simmons’s class project, until they discover a new web site called “YouTV”; a web site where people post all sorts of videos.

The gang decide to have a contest. They all have to set up a YouTV Channel and posts videos. The one with the most views on their channel wins!

On the way back from school, Curly drops into the video game store to purchase his new video game. The gang warn him that the game he's buying is terrible but ignores their advice.

While in the video game store, Arnold comes up with an idea to build their own video game for their class project. Everyone agrees and starts to plan the game.

While that’s going on, the gang start up their YouTV Channels.

Arnold’s YouTV channel is all about him and the people in his boarding house, which get a few decent hits.

Gerald’s channel is all about Pop Daddy and other stuff he finds cool. That is until Timberly starts uploading her girly cartoons onto his channel while Gerald leaves his computer unguarded. Again, a few good hits.

Helga’s channel is just her ranting about how much she hates people and has an entire playlist dedicated to how much she hates Arnold. However, she also has a secret channel where she recites love poems while wearing a goofy mask on the webcam.

Curly on the other hand is hardly getting any hits because he can’t decide what videos to put online.

He decides to give up and begins to play his new video game. It’s horrible!

Enraged, Curly gets back behind is computer and makes to video about how bad the video game is and that it shouldn't have seen the light of day. After uploading the video, Curly turns in for the night.

In the morning, Curly turns on his computer to find that he’s an Internet sensation! Thousands of people had watched his video review and had lots of praise in his comments section.

When he gets into PS 118, the whole school is talking about him and how hilarious he is.

Then everyone starts to give Curly their bad video games for him to review. Thus, The Angry Gaming Geek is born!

All is going well for "AGG" until the class finish their video game project. The game sucks and Curly announces plans to do a review on it.

The gang is angry at Curly and threaten him not to do it.

Curly does the review anyway but before he can upload it, Arnold steps in and convinces Curly that doing the game review would not be worth getting beat up over.

Curly concedes and deletes the video, putting an end to The Angry Gaming Geeks popularity.

What do we think?
mrshowtime
mrshowtime
Writer

http://mrshowtime.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

"The Angry Gaming Geek!" Empty Re: "The Angry Gaming Geek!"

Post by peachcake21 Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:31 pm

lol, I don't know nuch about angry gaming nerds. . . but I like this ideas

Maybe the video game could be . . . accualy the only bad game I can thhink of is Gr@bbed by the Goulies, maybe there could be a reference to that?

hahaha, I can imagine Helga's mask being. . . a paper bag or a mouse XD I can't think

Again, I love this idea, and it would be interesting to see what usernames they come up with and how the videos come out.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrshowtime Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:41 pm

peachcake21 wrote:lol, I don't know nuch about angry gaming nerds. . .

Here's a few examples of AVGN:

Silver Surfer review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywkUZ0

Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1tU61Nyv1w

Dragon's Lair review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xIvTOLrYA

mrshowtime
mrshowtime
Writer

http://mrshowtime.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm

An AVGN fan? I officially love you.
"The Angry Gaming Geek!" Icon_cheers

All kidding aside, I had JUST come from the Gametrailers website after watching his "Zelda II" review (sucks that he only uploads once a month now :/)

The plot - I like it! It gives another character an opportunity to shine aside from Helga and Arnold, and that's always a plus in my book.

One thing that stands out in my mind is that the story centers around the gang using current technology (i.e. the Internet). It's probably not a huge deal, but it seems a bit jarring to have the characters interact with something that wasn't widely accessible during the show's peak.
This is just a nitpick, mind you.
"The Angry Gaming Geek!" Icon_wink

Also, I think the ending could stand to be a little stronger. By that I mean, I think Curly should have a greater motivation not to post the rant other than that the other kids will beat him up.

One more suggestion: rather than willingly make the first video rant, what if he was inadvertantly caught ranting in front of a camera (perhaps the game is actually a PC game, and he plays it on one of the computer's at school, not realizing that someone had left said computer's webcam on?)
Then someone could accidentally upload Curly's video because they mistook it for one of their own?
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:38 am

Shameonpretzel's right: this is supposed to take place in the year 1999 or something... well, there was internet that year, and I know I was only four then, but it wasn't that huge Razz

But I have to admit, I really really love this idea xD I can definitely see this happening
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:21 am

accually I think its like 1996 or '97 or somthing. . .
Still I agree its interesting. . .

I had an idea that on of the kids looks back on the video with one of their kids, but I guess that more of a fan-fic idea. . .

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum