Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cousin Hilda

+12
sexy_yuri88
Graudlugh
Helga4ever
kousagi101
Cadence
Sota
Genaminna
ger5632
Squirreltamer
tendra91
Hellerick
Annemiek
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cousin Hilda - Page 2 Empty Re: Cousin Hilda

Post by Graudlugh Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:25 am

Is a great idea, and I support it, seeing the title of this episode I thought it was wrong but is not.
Help you in what I say. paint backgrounds, characters, sets (but I see you draw very well, you do not need help with that, even so, I offer mine).
in the story i think i can contribute with ideas or fill in empty spaces.
I hope your answer.
Graudlugh
Graudlugh
Writer

http://heyarnoldfanblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 am

Feel free to post you ideas here Smile
The Cousin Hilda 'episode' is still in its brainstorm-phase. But once we have a good, complete story, I guess we can work it out into a real episode.
I would love to do some of the drawing myself, yeah, but I don't think I can do all of it, so you could help with that Smile

And I think there are still some roles available for the 'Helga's Bow' episode.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Artist

http://heyarnold.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 am

i really like this idea.
it still need some more brainstroming, but we will get there!
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarici Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 am

I realize this topic is older, but I had an idea. I was thinking that maybe Hilda starts doing things that Arnold doesn't like. For example, some one takes her lunch or something and she just stands there and lets them, or cries, and Arnold tells her she has to stand up for herself. Thinking to himself "Helga would never let some one push her around."

Basically through a series of events Arnold sees that she has none of the outward Helga's good qualities. That puts Arnold a step closer to realizing that Helga's stubborness, attitude, courage, etc. can be good things too.

Meanwhile Helga is just being Helga. Maybe while Arnold consoles Hilda, Helga chases the jerk down and beats him to a bloody pulp.

I also think that Hilda should follow Helga everywhere, because she doesn't know anyone. (I wasn't a shy child, but I spent a day at my cousin's school once and I stuck to her like glue) Helga would be annoyed at first, but realize that Arnold wants to hang out with Hilda and therefore has to hang out with her. Not her ideal situation, but you take what you can get. That also eliminates the issue of why Arnie is there in the first place.

Just some thoughts. ^_^
Avarici
Avarici
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:40 am

Avarici wrote:I realize this topic is older, but I had an idea. I was thinking that maybe Hilda starts doing things that Arnold doesn't like. For example, some one takes her lunch or something and she just stands there and lets them, or cries, and Arnold tells her she has to stand up for herself.

Thats good! I was wondering what Arnold would not like about Hilda. I mean, Hilda has so many of the qualities that I love to see Helga showing, and I'm sure Arnold does too. The only thing bad we see about Hilda is her taste in guys lol. But if you think about it, Hilda seems to have all Helga's "attractive" qualities, and none of the "negative." But it would be cool if we could show what parts of Helga that she is missing. Maybe having a backbone, being tough and having attitude doesn't make Helga the most attractive person, but its those kind of quirks that you learn to love. And that in this episode, Arnold is starting to realize that these qualities can actually be a good thing. And it also fits in with the theme of loving someone entirely, the good and the bad parts.

Another example of something that Hilda doesn't have and that Helga does: If Arnold want to go do something with Hilda so he suggests an activity (lets say going to the amusement park) she says she would love to, and then he gives another suggestion (going to the movies) she agrees with that do. He asks her what she would rather do, and she says she doesn't mind either one, and Arnold gets kind of tired of never getting a definite answer from her. i'm not saying Hilda's empathetic or doesn't have any opinions of her own, but she's just not very decisive, strong headed, or argumentative in any way. Some of these aren't necessarily seen as good qualities, but people need them to an extent. We should be careful about making Hilda too much like lila though, but i think we could easily avoid that

I really like this episode idea. It's confusing yes, but I just love the idea of Hilda being real. xD
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 am

Actually, I've been writing stuff like that in the fanfiction already Very Happy And my idea was that, in the end, Arnold indeed realizes that Helga's bad sides aren't that bad, he really needs someone to tell him that the world isn't all sunshine and butterflies, and to take control now and then.
Hilda is just as romantic and idealistic as Arnold, and they kinda loose sense of reality when they're together.. Helga is the one who manages to get Arnold with both feet on the ground.

Helga will be disguised as Hilda.. but when things start to go wrong, Arnold tries to get away from Hilda (aka Helga), and her plan seems to backfire again.. Until, of course, Helga finds out that Arnold likes her more than Hilda (not that he likes her likes her, but just knowing that he's glad to have the 'real' Helga back, with her growling and all). She'll hug her locket and smile or something, and that's the end of the episode Very Happy
Annemiek
Annemiek
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Hilda we saw seemed a pretty cool character. I think it would be difficult enough to find a flaw in her, that would make Arnold to prefer Helga. The only one I can imagine is being neglectful towards Arnold. But Helga dressed as Hilda is very unlikely to posses this flaw... So the situation is pretty complicated (for the story-teller, I mean).

I wish you all the luck, Annemiek, you'll need it. Smile And I would really like to finally read this story.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Yeah, it's not easy to find Hilda's 'not perfect' side.. Then again, Lila is Little Miss Perfect, and Arnold doesn't like her, like her either anymore..

And thank you Smile I'll try to post the story (the part that I finished that is) after Christmas when the next two pages from the Urban Legend are finished.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:07 am

If the idea of Helga "helping" Hilda get Arnie is used then , where the heck did Arnie come from!? I would say counsidence Hilda and Arnie visit Helga and Arnold. If used.

Also that part of lunch where someone steals Hildas lunch would be a good oppertunity to show Helgas caring side for her family (mostly Hilda) and others.

Hilda: Can I have my lunch back ( sayd politely ( lol I did that when they stole my pen XD) )

Lunch snatcher:Umm... no. ( walks away)

Arnold : Why did you let her/him steal your lunch?

Hilda: Oh. Its okay Arnold ill go buy something in the vending machine.

Helga: Wait here Helga I gotta teach someone a lesson. No one messes with you then me. (or she says nothing and is intimidated by the fact that she is family and she should care for her)(or Arnold telling her to help her out)

Arnold and Hilda closing their eyes as she "teaches".

Helga then gives Hilda her lunch back and goes to do something Helga-ihs.

..... (or right after)Arnold realizes Helga is more caring and that her roughy-toughy-ness is not so bad.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:47 am

I don't know. I think it's a pretty good idea, but wouldn't it cause a lot of canonical problems among the "Arnold visits Arnie" episode and Helga/Arnold dynamic? The thing that makes me the most skeptical is that while Hilda is a character in the series, she's not real (in a sense). She was a character in the dream Arnold had before leaving for Arnie's. Not to mention that the episode ends before Arnold leaves, so it can't be confirmed that she's related to Helga or actually exists. I don't know; it would be hard to make her relevant past Arnold's subconscious admittance of his feeings towards Helga.

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 am

Maybe he's phycic. afro lol! Wink

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 am

Smile maybe

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:39 am

I think it would be funny 'cause Arnold would be confused and he can do those attemps of "waking"himself up. XD

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 am

Hmm. Maybe instead of having to physically go, maybe he could dream about it? He's a dreamer and it would work for what everyone wants to do but also doesn't mess up the time before TJM. I don't know, but I really think that this idea shouldn't have Arnold physically finding Hilda. Like I've said, she works very well as an indicator of Arnold's feelings--not as an actual character.

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:14 am

But there has to be something that leads to the dream like when he visits Arnie he dreampt that and Hilda appeared. What if Helga says her cousin Hilda is visiting. He dreams about dream Hilda coming. He wakes up and meets the real Hilda which is nothing like dream Hilda.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 am

I see where you're going, but tell me if this seems more plausible:

We start off in school where Helga is torturing or ridiculing Arnold for one reason or another. And a convo like this happens:

G: I don't get why you put up with it, Arnold.
A: I don't know Gerald. Maybe because I just keeping trying to think she's not that bad.
G: Not that bad?!
(sorry realized that i'm spelling "GAG" off to the side and am smiling to myself because of it.)
A: She's nice...sometimes. Right?
G: Sometimes?! Arnold, this is Helga G. Pakati we're talking about! The girl who tortures you, the girl who insults you? She's never nice to you. The only way she could be nice to you is if you were hallucinating.

And then things carry from there. Arnold goes home and has a dream about her and these dreams carry on for a few nights and in each, Hilda shows her "true colors." However on the final night, he runs into another Helga--a dream Helga that acts the same way she does in real life. And for one reason or another, he ends up liking the real Helga. Meanwhile, Helga has at least one soliloquy:

H: Arnold what a idiot, what a sap. How I hate him! And yet--how I love him! My little lemon-drop haired angel who is always kind and sweet to me despite the days I spend torturing him and hiding from him the fact that I vacillate between once again proclaiming my true love and affections. Oh Eros of my pounding heart, if only I could truly take upon that godly role and lead you, my sweet, blind Psyche into the Hades of my tortured soul and show you there that despite my diatribes and fulminations, my heart only beats for your tenderness. (Sigh) If only you could know that despite it all, I wish to show you my true soft, feminine side, the one you pine for so deeply.

Maybe then it could work?

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:46 am

Yep! 'cause I think Helga wouldnt be straight up "Hey Arnold my cousin Hilda is coming"

''A nice person'' echos in his head and then the dream.

lol You lost me at vacillate in the poem! XD

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 am

Oh, sorry. Vacillate is just a fancy way of saying "goes back and forth between one way of thinking or acting and another." Smile
And can I say that now I know why exactly Helga's poems got to be more and more complicated as time went on in Hey Arnold!? Writing that was so fun!

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:20 pm

I like the word , im gonna use it to confuse those around me Wink, but maybe there has to be a stronger summoning of her. Like if Helga saved Arnold when something was gonna fall on his head. She makes an excuse of tripping and Arnold tells her she is sometimes a nice person she disagrees and then he dreams of cousin Hilda.

It would work becuase he is always saying Helga is a nice person. Plus in Arnold visits Arnie he dreamed about how Arnie looked like him but is his opposite like the other characters. So what do you think. afro

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:21 pm

I like it! I think it would be a good seaway: an kind service of Helga's spurring Arnold to dream up his favorite part of her....yup. Sounds good!

OKAY FOR ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN TAKING THIS STANCE THAT ME AND peachcake21 HAVE COME UP WITH, STEP UP TO THE PLATE! I'M WILLING TO HELP EDIT AND ANALYZE! Smile

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:15 am

I would! Wait... im peachcake21 !

But what should fall on his head, something life threatening or something that can knock him out for a few seconds?

Should Helga just be happening to be there when Arnolds there or just stalk him?

Should Hilda still love Arnie and should Hilda go to Hillwood or Arnold to Hilda's place?

These are the questions that haunt me... Question

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 am

Ummm...Okay the answers to these questions can be as follows:

Backstory could explain the first two. Say that in a panel, school district painters are shown. In another, we see the boys of the gang at lunch. Arnold says something funny but Helga comes and bullies him. The group disbands and Arnold and Gerald have a conversation. Helga stayed behind and goes into a long monologue about how she wishes she could be the girl Arnold likes--kind and sweet. She walks out of the cafeteria to find Arnold saying goodbye to Gerald and opening his locker, which is beside a painter.

The painter suddenly looses and regains his balance but his stuff, a pile of brushes (or maybe the can of paint itself) slips off. Helga tries to warn Arnold, but the stuff falls and he gets hit. When he comes to, he wakes up in the Nurse's Office. The Nurse explains that he may have a slight concussion and that he should be careful and Helga brought him into the office (she's not there for whatever reason). Gerald comes in to walk him home. Before he leaves he says something like "Who coulda believed that Helga G. Pataki would actually try to save you, Arnold?" That night is when the dream begins.

Let's have it be one long dream. Maybe Hilda shows up randomly where he is like outside of Slausen's or Bigal's? She acts like she knows him and tells him that's she's here on holiday (I mean seriously, they go to French restaurants unsupervised--that could be believable) and they hang out in the dream. Everything seems fine at first and Arnold makes his feelings known again, to which she turns him down because she has stated before that she like-likes Arnie (similar to Lila's explanations). Dejected and sad he finds the dream Helga who talks to him and makes him feel better.

He wakes up and goes to school. He sees Helga and speaks with her to which she says she couldn't just leave him there in the middle of the walkway because his carcass would be blocking everyone or something. He says thanks and hugs her. She sighs, slaps herself, tells him to watch the merchandise, and walks away but not before looking over shoulder and sighing.

The End. Smile

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 am

And then they fly off into space and see Mars! Sorry, I always imagine Arnold dreaming about space.

Nice story. It seems ready. Should we propose it now or find more of the little details?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 am

Mmmm...maybe look for details a bit more. do you see any? i think we need to try to focus on maybe the things that Hilda does to make Arnold not like her-like her anymore.

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 am

Well someone did say that she wouldnt stand up for herself. Is that good?

What if shes somewhat like Arnie , she does poems and is nice but could be somewhat an oddball. Or we should look for what made Arnold stop liking the other girls. For ex: Ruth wasnt interesting.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next