Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crazy Series of Surreal Dreams

+13
Orb_Manson
Weird1
Saphine
Iffy
18log
ger5632
Hellerick
Retromanka
Annemiek
funnybones021
coloredskies84
Cadence
tendra91
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Crazy Series of Surreal Dreams - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crazy Series of Surreal Dreams

Post by tendra91 Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:45 am

lol if Arnold were ever to be knocked unconscious, I would find it SUPER funny if he got knocked out by something minor (i.e. lame) after escaping a more severe injury.

Like for example, I don't know, Arnold merely escaped from getting hit by a car, and just as he is walking off the road, he trips on a pebble and bumps his head. But something funnier in our case.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The Crazy Series of Surreal Dreams - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crazy Series of Surreal Dreams

Post by Cadence Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:04 am

tendra91 wrote:lol if Arnold were ever to be knocked unconscious, I would find it SUPER funny if he got knocked out by something minor (i.e. lame) after escaping a more severe injury.

Like for example, I don't know, Arnold merely escaped from getting hit by a car, and just as he is walking off the road, he trips on a pebble and bumps his head. But something funnier in our case.

He trips on a banana peel. o_o

Arnold wakes up

Arnold: What happened?

Helga: You were bested by a cliche, Footballhead.
Cadence
Cadence
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:16 am

Hellerick wrote:It's "truck" in British. LOL, are Anglophones that bad at understanding each other?

lol, I'm not fluent in British English yet, but my boss is from England...so I'm slowly learning by talking to him. I have to hand it to you Hellerick, you make a very good translator being able to translate between Russian, British English, and American English.

I really like the idea of Arnold narrowly missing a truck or bus or something and then tripping on a little rock or banana peel or something. Or maybe someone drops a penny from the top of a building and it hits Arnold on the head, knocking him out cold.

I also had this idea for one of the dreams. What if at least one of the dream sequences was set in a different decade? For example, the 1960's and everyone wears tie dye and bell bottoms and we could make a few minor gags relating to true events that took place during the 60's. Or maybe the 1920's and there's kind of a Great Gatsby feel to the setting. What do you think?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:30 am

Hey, I have suggested something very similar in "Gertie". I proposed Arnold to have a dream about him being young Phil.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:15 am

Kinda like Helga bumping into a 'No Running' sign while running XD Something ironic like that would be perfect!

Maybe he should get hit by something when he's for some reason thinking about the past, maybe just after having a conversation with Grandpa. And then he wakes up as being Grandpa when young XD Like a young Phil with Arnold-hair..
What if Grandpa is holding a bowl with raspberries.. He suddenly bends forward, "woow, never eat raspberries, Arnold!" and runs to the 'office', while throwing the bowl away, towards Arnold. Arnold ducks just in time, but the bowl hits something else, and that something (maybe a book with pictures) is catapulted towards Arnold and knocks him out Smile
Annemiek
Annemiek
Artist

http://heyarnold.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:29 am

Hey, it's interesting idea. What if Arnold finally learns why he should never eat raspberries? What if they have some special effect over him, kinda like pork rinds do over Helga?
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:41 pm

lol, it looked like the caramels he ate in "What's Opera, Arnold?" had some kind of special effect over him.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:25 pm

funnybones021 wrote:
I also had this idea for one of the dreams. What if at least one of the dream sequences was set in a different decade? For example, the 1960's and everyone wears tie dye and bell bottoms and we could make a few minor gags relating to true events that took place during the 60's. Or maybe the 1920's and there's kind of a Great Gatsby feel to the setting. What do you think?
Someone said about 60's?
I think that it can be ironic to name this episode "Magical mistery tour". Arnold adventuring into his soul......Would I be right that Craig Bartlett and Jim Lang like the Beatles?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:01 pm

I know Craig said he really likes the Beatles. I don't know about Jim Lang.

Magical Mystery Tour would be a really cool name, but we'd probably have to change it a little for it to count as parody (as opposed to plagiarism.)
Maybe Magical Mystery Cruise or Magical Mystery Trek or Arnold Road (instead of Abbey Road...sorry, that last one was kind of stupid lol)
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Magical Mystery Pill...just pitching but probably it can work. Smth in this psyhodelic-style route. What do you think?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Ok, so I guess the options have been that Arnold either trips and falls right after narrowly escaping serious injury OR he eats some kind of psychedelic raspberries. Either way, he loses consciousness.

After that I think some people are getting confused (including me). He dreams that Helga is the one dreaming? So everything (until the end) is from Helga's point of view, right?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:37 pm

funnybones021 wrote:Ok, so I guess the options have been that Arnold either trips and falls right after narrowly escaping serious injury OR he eats some kind of psychedelic raspberries.Either way, he loses consciousness.

After that I think some people are getting confused (including me). He dreams that Helga is the one dreaming? So everything (until the end) is from Helga's point of view, right?

Right, Arnold is dreaming about Helga dreaming. lol So the majority of the story is from "Helga's" point of view, but you can let her character slip (i.e. act OOC) sometimes, to foreshadow that this really isn't the real Helga we're seeing.

As for the tripping / psychedelic raspberries, I think we can insert both of them in there. So Arnold/Helga will trip, and the other gets to have a taste of those dang raspberries.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm favouring this idea very much Smile
You mean Arnold will feel all the feelings of Helga like it was imaginably his?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:47 pm

tendra91 wrote:I think we can insert both of them in there. So Arnold/Helga will trip, and the other gets to have a taste of those dang raspberries.

You mean both of them dreaming?

How about the readers see a very strange dream about Arnold and Helga, but don't know who's dream it is. But in the very last scene they are given a clue that both Arnold and Helga had the same dream and remember the same events in the dream sequence — their minds are connected after all.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Confused dreams with inconspicuous differents?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:01 am

I'm sorry, Retromanka, but I don't understand what you're saying.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 am

Sorry, I mean:
1) dreams are confused
2) thus Helga's dream differs from Arnold's and viewers see this differents via some distinguishing features ?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 am

Maybe for the sake of simplicity, Arnold should be the only one who actually goes unconscious in the real world.

So, maybe he gets bonked on the head, then he's out. He dreams that Helga is dreaming about him. Maybe (for one of Helga's dreams) he dreams that he and Helga (from Helga's POV) share some psychotropic raspberries and they have a nice little trip with each other (i.e. lots of colors, maybe some floating around in the clouds, and then Grandpa's voice can be heard fading out saying, "Never eat raspberries").

I think as long as we just imply that this experience was caused by eating raspberries instead of showing them dropping acid or something, it should stay within a PG rating.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:17 am

funnybones021 wrote:Maybe for the sake of simplicity, Arnold should be the only one who actually goes unconscious in the real world.

So, maybe he gets bonked on the head, then he's out. He dreams that Helga is dreaming about him. Maybe (for one of Helga's dreams) he dreams that he and Helga (from Helga's POV) share some psychotropic raspberries and they have a nice little trip with each other (i.e. lots of colors, maybe some floating around in the clouds, and then Grandpa's voice can be heard fading out saying, "Never eat raspberries").

I think as long as we just imply that this experience was caused by eating raspberries instead of showing them dropping acid or something, it should stay within a PG rating.

Alternatively raspberries can appear in the plot like special remedy for recovering from his coma-state given from Arnold's grandma.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:04 am

Retromanka wrote:You mean Arnold will feel all the feelings of Helga like it was imaginably his?

Yes. So since Arnold is dreaming about Helga, Arnold will technically be feeling everything that Helga feels. But we don't learn about that until the very end.

Hellerick wrote:You mean both of them dreaming?

How about the readers see a very strange dream about Arnold and Helga, but don't know who's dream it is. But in the very last scene they are given a clue that both Arnold and Helga had the same dream and remember the same events in the dream sequence — their minds are connected after all.

Both of them are dreaming, but technically, only Arnold is doing the actual dreaming. Guh, I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear with words, but here's a quick diagram:

The Crazy Series of Surreal Dreams - Page 2 Dreams12

Helga isn't technically dreaming. It's all in Arnold's head. Is everyone with me so far?

And like funnybones, I really perfer it if it was just Arnold who did the dreaming.

funnybones021 wrote:Maybe for the sake of simplicity, Arnold should be the only one who actually goes unconscious in the real world.

I think the sub-dream with the funky raspberries is do-able.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 pm

tendra91 wrote:Guh, I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear with words, but here's a quick diagram
Yay diagrams! Ok, now I'm pretty sure I understand everything.

As for Arnold's blackout: how about he and the gang are playing baseball in the street. Arnold is up to bat and Helga is playing catcher. Then a street sweeper rounds the corner and since the driver isn't paying too much attention he almost hit's Arnold and Helga (Arnold and Helga have their backs to the truck). Luckily, everyone in the field warn Arnold and Helga in the nick of time. Helga and Arnold both narrowly miss being hit by the sweeper; but it picks up Arnold's bat, flings it off a tree, then it ricochets off the tree and hits Arnold in the head...and he's out! (he he baseball pun).

Also, it might be a good idea to decide how many sub-dream sequences will be incorporated into Arnold's main dream; i.e. is this going to be a normal episode or is it going to be a lot longer? I was thinking 3-5 for a normal episode...but I'm sure we could go overtime if there is enough interest.

btw, I think that there really is such a thing as psychedelic raspberries Shocked
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 am

Maybe Arnold should become a victim of himself being a dangerous lamber? I.e. he was trying to not hit anybody so hard that he somehow hit himself? But I still like the raspeberry idea better.

funnybones021 wrote:
Also, it might be a good idea to decide how many sub-dream sequences will be incorporated into Arnold's main dream; i.e. is this going to be a normal episode or is it going to be a lot longer? I was thinking 3-5 for a normal episode...but I'm sure we could go overtime if there is enough interest.

How about in the very end the readers learn that everything was Harold's dream. ("What the heck it was?!")

funnybones021 wrote:btw, I think that there really is such a thing as psychedelic raspberries Shocked

I was eating raspberries yesterday, and when I found a worm in it, it had an effect close to psychedelic.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:22 am

Hellerick wrote:How about in the very end the readers learn that everything was Harold's dream. ("What the heck it was?!")
Call me stubborn, but I really think it should be Arnold who is doing the dreaming...especially since the dreams are going to be about Arnold and Helga.
I really do think it would be funny to see Arnold somehow hit himself, though.

Hellerick wrote:I was eating raspberries yesterday, and when I found a worm in it, it had an effect close to psychedelic.
I was eating some raspberries and I found a moldy one; and I remembered that there's a certain type of mold that naturally produces LSD. I'm not sure if that type of mold grows on raspberries, but the point is never eat the moldy ones.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Sorry, if I'm saying it more than once but can't we include grandma in action. Probably she has some recipe from injury (for example, this raspberries) but they produce psychodelic effect.

BTW: maybe title like "Magical mistery raspberries" is more suitable.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah sounds like a good idea to include grandma since she always has crazy idea's etc.

lol and the echoing voice of grandpa saying "Never eat raspberries" would be pretty hilarious
18log
18log
Writer

http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum