Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories

5 posters

Go down

Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories Empty Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories

Post by Cadence Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:04 am

Because more creepy stories are pretty much required! Post the beginnings of ideas here.

Zombie Apocalypse: Do I have any plot for this? No. I just want the kids to get battle-ready. Water pistols and stink bombs to fight against the end of the world. o_O Epic. (*hums "Re: Your Brains"*)

Four-Eyed Jack Revisited: Not a typical HA! tale. None of our regular cast members. Noir-ish appearance. A look into Jack's life. His work, experiments, and just how he lost those glasses. Quite possibly sad.

Here There Be Dragons: Hillwood maps all have an area blacked out. Just what's there? Adventure abounds!
Cadence
Cadence
Editor

Back to top Go down

Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories Empty Re: Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories

Post by Helga4ever Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:18 pm

I like the blacked out one the most.
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories Empty Re: Other Urban Legends / Supernatural Stories

Post by Hellerick Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I have read a fanfic in Russian. In this story Grandpa tells the children yet one urban legend.

Earlier Hillwood had a sister city, Firewood or something like that. There lived a man who got lost in the nearby caves. The Devil himself appeared and told him, that if he sold him his soul, not only would he show him the way out, but he would make him the luckiest of the men. The man had no other choice but to agree. Then the walls of the cave broke down he was free. And he became quite lucky indeed, he succeded in everything, no matter what he did, it brought him more money, fame, and appreciation. But the people around him were becoming less and less lucky, they were going broke, getting sick, numerous accidents were destroying their property. (Hm, probably Eugene has something to do with it?) All the people eventually fled from the city, leaving the man alone in his luxurious house. Years passed, and the city disappeared, nobody can remember where exactly it was located anymore.

The kids get excited about the story. They decide to try to find the abandoned city and the riches of the man who sold his soul to the Devil.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Hellerick wrote:The kids get excited about the story. They decide to try to find the abandoned city and the riches of the man who sold his soul to the Devil.
What if the abandoned city turned out to be underground?

I don't know if this is a very common thing or not, but where I'm from almost all of the area's major cities (Seattle, Portland, and some smaller cities too) have an underground version. What I mean by that is there are literally very old buildings and pathways that used to be at street-level in the late 1800's, but they were buried when the cities were rebuilt a few stories higher than the original street level.
For awhile, the underground cities were used by kidnappers (shanghai), bootleggers, gamblers, and "madams". Eventually they were all abandoned, and then some of them restored for tourists.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:17 am

Well, I was thinking about something like what we saw in Life After People — a city overcome by nature, with trees growing everywhere concealing it. But o course you can propose a more plausible description.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:07 am

Yeah, I was thinking about "a city overcome by nature" when I first read your idea, but then I thought about how hard it would be for a whole city to drop off the map.
That's not to say that an implausible story wouldn't work...HA! has used it's fair share of implausible stories.

Either way, I think it's a great idea.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:17 am

Probably the final blow for the city was a big fire or something (and that's why there is a little left of it). But of course the fire did not touch the "lucky" man's building.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

i know that lots of people believe that if they hang a horseshoe on their door they believe that the devil won't come in, its a story about how the devil once came to a umm (that man who makes metals like horseshoes and swords i forgot his name) and there was a horse shoe that had nails on it on the ground so the (man) said come colser the devil came closer and the horse shoe came on his foot and he yelled of pain the (man) that he could take it off only if he swore would never come in a house that had a horse shoe hanging on the door he sowre he wouldn't and went off.

maybe we could make a story of that. P.S. i don't like to call it a urban legend when granpa tells it i like to call it grandpa's old tales.
if anyone cares.
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:29 am

Maybe Grandpa got it from Rignstone Sandal XD

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down