Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grandpa's Famous Enemy (Hillywood)

+3
shameonpretzel
coloredskies84
funnybones021
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Grandpa's Famous Enemy (Hillywood) - Page 2 Empty Re: Grandpa's Famous Enemy (Hillywood)

Post by Hellerick Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:52 am

While the director is to distracted because of his personal issues, the movie turns out to be made by the boarders. Everyone is trying to add something of his own. Ernie wrecks down a neighbor's house to make a good shot. Smile
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Grandpa's Famous Enemy (Hillywood) - Page 2 Empty Re: Grandpa's Famous Enemy (Hillywood)

Post by funnybones021 Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:42 pm

This episode seems to be getting really complicated.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by acemcjace169 Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:53 pm

shameonpretzel wrote:Perhaps they reconcile at the very end, but as the boarders sit around to watch the movie, when it comes to Grandpa's scene in the film, it's either blatantly cut, or his face is obscured/digitally altered ala Mike from "Monsters Inc.", and he makes a big stink about it, to which somebody mutters "Some things never change"
What if his true intent was to get back at phil for kicking him out of the bording house by making look bad on camera?
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:17 pm

funnybones021 wrote:This episode seems to be getting really complicated.

Agreed. I think we should only focus on two plots: a main plot and a sub-plot. Even three seems like too many.

It should be simple: Dustin Wannabe (curse you, coloredskies! tongue ) is a successful Hollywood actor (and ex-boarder) that wants to use Sunset Arms as the horror setting for his directing debut. Phil is suspicious and reluctant, but gets pressured by the boarders to agree. Word gets out about the Hillwood star sighting and suddenly everyone wants to be involved in the film, particularly Big Bob, who sees it as ideal opportunity for product placement. As an ulterior motive to sabotage the movie, Phil teams up wth Big Bob and forces D.W. to let him advertise in the movie or he'll refuse to let it be filmed in the boarding house.

---

On a personal note, I'm a bit reluctant to the whole Helga/Arnold scene idea if the movie is a horror film; it just doesn't mesh right. I could only see that working if there was a running gag where D.W. didn't quite know what genre/age demographic he was gunning for, so he rips off every genre in his film.

On ANOTHER side note, I think this would be a GREAT opportunity for a Lola (that model Ernie was obsessed with) cameo. She doesn't have to interact with Ernie or even speak - I'd just like to see her maybe in the background.
Razz
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 pm

shameonpretzel wrote:On ANOTHER side note, I think this would be a GREAT opportunity for a Lola (that model Ernie was obsessed with) cameo.
I just saw a clip from that episode a few minutes ago and I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

I'm liking the idea of simplifying things into two plots, but I'm kind of confused about what happens with the sup-plot (Phil and Bob teaming up). This is how I picture the episode so far:

D.W. makes his pitch to Phil --> Phil refuses, but the boarders convince him to let D.W. film --> Bob and Phil team up --> Phil gives D.W. the ultimatum about Bob's product placement --> ???

So, what should happen after that?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by acemcjace169 Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah i saw that too. Thats a good idea.
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 pm

funnybones021 wrote:

So, what should happen after that?

Then maybe, as per some arbitrary contract, Phil gives Big Bob free rein with the advertising, but Big Bob takes things way too far (perhaps to the point where key scenes in the movie are changed to involve Big Bob's Beepers products):

Actor 1: Oh no! How will we ever escape this dark, foreboding, haunted mansion?

Actor: Don't worry - thanks to my fully loaded video camera phone we can traverse these corridors with the greatest of ease. Only at Big Bob's Beepers!

D.W.: CUT!!

acemcjace169 had mentioned that Arnold should intervene and at some point try to talk to sense into Grandpa. So then Phil could put his grudge against D.W. behind him and give Big Bob the boot so the movie could continue normally.
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:17 am

I like it! and Arnold should definitely try to talk some sense into Grandpa.

Now I think we need to come up with a better title than "Grandpa's Famous Enemy".
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:27 am

funnybones021 wrote:Now I think we need to come up with a better title than "Grandpa's Famous Enemy".

How about:
Misery breeds company

or

Infamy breeds company

or

Hillywood
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:46 am

lol, I like the Hillywood title. I could see it being the title of a HA! episode more than the other two.

Would you like to write/co-write it, shameonpretzel?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:51 am

funnybones021 wrote: Would you like to write/co-write it, shameonpretzel?

Sure, I'd be glad to
Very Happy
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 am

Ok, cool.

Do you prefer to work alone when you write or would you like someone to co-write it with you?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 am

funnybones021 wrote:Ok, cool.

Do you prefer to work alone when you write or would you like someone to co-write it with you?

It doesn't matter to me. I don't mind working with another member, but I'd also have no problem flying solo.

Just a few questions: How much time is given is to compose a script? And when writing a script, is it necessary to include specific details on how everything lays out in comic panels (I ask because I'm not used to adapting dialogue and actions to panels, so I may need help in that regard)?
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:02 am

Well, the first thing to do would be to write a detailed outline or a draft script. Basically, the time-frame for this is unlimited because it's something you can write before you submit an episode for approval.

Once the episode is approved, you'll want to try to get the final script and thumbnails done within 2 weeks.

Thumbnail artists can help you out with adapting the script into a comic layout, and many of the people who volunteered for thumbnails have also volunteered as script writers.

Is there anyone else who would be interested in working on this project as a script writer or thumbnail artist?

Actually, we don't need to discuss the thumbnail artists yet. That ad can be placed in the want ad section once the draft script is done. But, any other script writers?

Last edited by funnybones021 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added some stuff)
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2