Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mr. simmons in love

+3
Hellerick
acemcjace169
sexy_yuri88
7 posters

Go down

mr. simmons in love Empty mr. simmons in love

Post by sexy_yuri88 Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:57 am

i was thinking, with the ha moive helga confussed her love to arnold.
i think we should have a story with mr. simmons finding love.
the woman i think should be an art teacher that just transfered to the school. it would be love at 1st sight for mr. simmons.
we can make the new woman kind of like helga. you know outspoken, tomboyish, and we cand show her soft side too.
mr.simmions has a hard time talking to the new teacher, so Arnold helps mr. simmons. they try different things like mr.simmons holding the door for the new teacher, but mr. simmons crews it up, by falling down or someting. then they try giving him a new look. to make him look cool. this in turn dosnt work on her.
but in the end, mr. simmons could just come out and tell the truth(because everything else donest work!) and she would tell him, that she likes him the way he is.

this is all i got so far. i was thinking at the end, it can show Arnold, that love is sometimes confused and that love and hate sometimes runs together.

i was thinking maybe having helga help, but i dont know if that would help Arnold or not!

so what do you think?
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

mr. simmons in love Empty Re: mr. simmons in love

Post by acemcjace169 Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:16 am

Craig Bartlett announced that Mr. Simmons was gay. So i don't know if we can do that.
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:40 pm

acemcjace169 wrote:Craig Bartlett announced that Mr. Simmons was gay. So i don't know if we can do that.

But it was not included into canon (because it could not be included into canon), therefore it can be ignored.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:46 pm

I don't think it should be ignored, though. The HA! writers probably wouldn't have made an episode like this.
Even though they couldn't explicitly state on the show that Mr. Simmons is gay, that doesn't mean that we should ignore it. It was still implied.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysbone Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 pm

That does sound like a good idea, but maybe Mr. Simmons can confess to the class (or at least to Arnold) that he's gay. Maybe Arnold tries to set him up on a date with another teacher, but Mr. Simmons kindly refuses to go on any dates, and Arnold is wondering why, and feels bad, like he did something wrong. Then, maybe Mr. Simmons confesses he's gay to Arnold, cuz he didn't want Arnold feeling like he did something wrong.
Is that better? Smile

buckysbone
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by acemcjace169 Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:23 am

Not to sound rude, but I think we should treat this as if it were going to air on Nickelodeon.
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 am

acemcjace169 wrote:Craig Bartlett announced that Mr. Simmons was gay. So i don't know if we can do that.

wow O_0 i didnt know that. that's cool.

anyway, i was only thinking of something that would fit into the story line of HA! something that would add up to the jungle movie.
i beleive that everone needs love, and the only one not in love in the show is mr.simmons!
i dont think it would be a problem for us to show that he's in love with another guy. after all Craig did all ready said he was gay. so what would it hurt? its not like we are writing for nickeldon! beside's that, would the comics only be for little kids to enjoy? or can someone say 20 like it? the people that grew up with HA! are about that age, and they(most) already know about helga's moms little drinking problem, about her dad. so i think they know that he's gay. i dont see why we have to hide it.

but i agree with buckysbone..we would need to change the story a lit to fit with mr.simmons.
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ger5632 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:26 am

Maybe we should make his gay issue more subtle. Just like Miriam and her drinks. Suggesting that his confession that he's gay wouldn't be as direct as "Arnold, I'm gay". More like "I'm not like other guys. I like different people" <- worst example but I hope you get what I mean
ger5632
ger5632
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 am

ger5632 wrote:Maybe we should make his gay issue more subtle. Just like Miriam and her drinks. Suggesting that his confession that he's gay wouldn't be as direct as "Arnold, I'm gay". More like "I'm not like other guys. I like different people" <- worst example but I hope you get what I mean

hmmm..that would be something. the issue with him being gay shouldnt be too big. i agree.

i also like the way you came up with it. i mean, we all know miriams drinking problem, but they only gave you subtle hinta about it.
i think it could work.
i remamber in Arnolds thanksgiving, mr.simmons family was at his house, and they gave you a few hints about it. like for example. his mom seting him up with his friend(girl).

now that i know, he is gay, who would be the man of choice? how should it be played out?

hmmm....we could dorp hints that he is in love, but not about who it is. or we could have his class try setting him up on a date?
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:58 am

An episode like this would be very controversial for a Nick cartoon. Maybe in a few years Nick will have openly gay characters without it being an issue, but right now it's just too controversial.

Even though we aren't working for Nick, we're still trying to stay as close to the series as possible...and if HA! were being produced today, I don't think Nick would allow this to go into production. Unfortunately, when you write for a kid's show you have to come to terms with an ugly word...censorship.

So, I could see you guys coming up with a subtle scene that deals with Mr. Simmons's sexuality, but I'm going to have to say no to a whole episode dealing with it...unless you can think of a
very clever way to keep the issue very subtle for the entire episode.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am

I am against using "grown up" subjects in the Sixth Season.

If you want to make Mr. Simmons happy and not so lonesome, how about trying in other way, like maybe he could adopt a child or something?
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by MizzUnderstood Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:00 pm

I believe Mr.Simmons has a boyfriend. If you re-watch the Thanksgiving episode you'll notice hints that his other guy friend is much more than that. So he's not lonely. Smile
MizzUnderstood
MizzUnderstood
Writer

http://thedreamatory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:13 pm

I have watched that episode for years and I saw years and I saw no hints until I have read that chat with Craig Bartlett. I am glad it was edited out, it would spoil the mood.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:17 am

oooh, well i guess my idea is out of the picture!

lol. but it sounded a little good. oh well. Razz
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down