Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding?

5 posters

Go down

Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding? Empty Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding?

Post by Weird1 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 am

Okay, I've got this pretty vague idea here. We all know Helga can throw a pretty mean punch and all that, but it has occured to me that she can't actually 'fight'.

I was thinking maybe we could do an episode where Helga gets into some fight with... I don't know, Wolfgang? and she comes home really beat-up. Her parents comment on how nasty looking she is thanks to the black eyes and other scuff marks and stuff. And then she decides she needs to learn karate so she can pay Wolfgand back.

But who could she learn from? Well, I'm sure she remembers the time Arnold came to school in karate gear and went around trying to murder everyone, so then she asks him where he learned and he tells her his grandma taught him.

So then she arrives at the boarding house and she knocks and is immediately greeted with Arnold's grandma dressed in some ridiculous outfit. Haven't figured WHAt outfit yet though. Maybe a clown suit? Diving gear? Monkeyman's sidekick ChimpChimp? Whatever. So then Helga sees her ridiculous outfit and say some sarcastic or witty thing. Maybe she looks her up and down with a blank face then says, "Maybe I should learn from someone else." And then Gertie ropes her back in by asking, "Learn what?" Then Helga explains and Gertie instantly goes "KARATE MASTER" on her.

So then Helga has some issues with it all. We have some scenes like that or something? And then we can have a few scenes where Helga and Gertie can just bond? They are a lot alike when you think about it. They're both boy obsessed and a little 'koo-koo' in the head. So then maybe at the beginning or middle of the lessons Helga just happens to mention why she wants to learn and Gertie says, "No, no, no, Grasshopper. Karate is to be used for self-defense ONLY." Then Helga either leaves in a huff and comes back later with aplogies and another black eye, or she just mumbles something evil after Gertie says that like, "Self defense? As if." Evil laughter. Gertie looks at her questioningly.

But I think the main point to this episode should be trust. As in trust between Gertie and Helga that Gerte will teach her right and Helga will stick to using it in self defense. So when Helga approaches Wolfgang, Gertie's words flash in her head, and she can't take doing anything to lose her trust. So then Helga does the right thing.

Some good Gertie/Helga bonding and we could probably squeeze a few Helga/Arnold moments in there too. Maybe we could have Helga and Arnold facing off to practice their skills, but Helga just CAN'T hit Arnold, and Arnold MAY know that. So that could be interesting.

Sorry if anyone already posted this idea. But I just had to get this out of my head before anything else. I'm also working on a fic like this. =D So yeah... Wha'cha think?
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding? Empty Re: Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding?

Post by Counted Out Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:43 pm

It's a good idea. Helga and Gertie bonding could very well be an excellent episode. It might need to be under a different pretense, however. I question the foundation of the plot because Helga once stopped a bankrobber(s?) on career day with her JuJutsu. Apparently she's already taken martial arts training.
Counted Out
Counted Out
Writer

Back to top Go down

Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding? Empty Re: Helga Learns Karate: Gertie and Helga bonding?

Post by Weird1 Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

She did? I don't remember that... (Goes to watch episode again)
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 am

What if Wolfgang has better skills at JuJutsu than Helga and she wants to suprise him with moves from a whole different style.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Hmmmmm... that could work. Great idea, Peachy! Smile
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:41 am

YAY! You like my idea!

flower

DARN! It returns!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:13 am

How about she gets double training? She would get the wisdom and blah blah of karate from grandma and the roughness from patty? After all patty does kinda know about Helga's crush.
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:06 am

I think she should get beat up by Big Patty (or a newly introduced female bully) instead of Wolfgang. It doesn't seem right that an older boy of that age would beat up a younger girl. (That's low even for Wolfgang!)
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:05 am

He did punch her and give her a black eye in "New bully on the block".

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Ya so wolfgang is already "low" He's hit Helga at least three times in "new bully on the block" and hanged her and the rest of the class on the wall? I think...
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Yep. But I hink he woud only punch her not fight her.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down