Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Day in the Life of Brainy. XD

+4
Hellerick
ElegantVamp
Squirreltamer
coloredskies84
8 posters

Go down

A Day in the Life of Brainy.  XD Empty A Day in the Life of Brainy. XD

Post by coloredskies84 Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:42 am

I know, I know, I'm posting more than one topic in one night, haha. I've always been kind of curious about Brainy. Like Helga said in "Helga On the Couch": "Are you waiting for me to come to this alley? How did you get this little arch? What's your deal?" I think atleast a gag comic could be about Brainy and what goes on in his every day life. I mean, where does he live and what are his parents like? How is he able to replace all pairs of his glasses after Helga punches him? XD Haha. Most importantly, how and why did he become so obsessed with Helga? We know, from "Helga On The Couch," that he's been obsessed with her atleast as long, if not longer, then she's been in love with Arnold. But it didn't tell us how or really why. XD Feedback on this idea would be very much appreciated. Smile
coloredskies84
coloredskies84
Writer

https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

A Day in the Life of Brainy.  XD Empty Re: A Day in the Life of Brainy. XD

Post by Squirreltamer Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 am

I am generally disinterested in Brainy as a character and am a little wary of having an episode all about him. Part of his shtick is that we DON'T know a lot about him and that he's weird and mysterious.

Gag comics would be cool though. :3
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:14 am

Gag comics? You mean like, little 4 panel extras at the end of each comic? (kind of thing)
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by coloredskies84 Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:18 am

I think gag comics are just short little comics and not full episodes.
coloredskies84
coloredskies84
Writer

https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:21 am

Yup. That's what I meant. ^_^;
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 am

Brainy should remain mysterious I guess. We can make some comics about him, but it should give us more questions than answers.

BTW, does anybody know how much we can learn about Brainy from "Arnold's E-Files" book? (HA!Wiki: Arnold's E-Files)
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckycharm Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 pm

I think if we do learn anything about Brainy, it should be subtle and minor instead of the focus of an episode. Sort of like how you see kids with their parents during Parent's Day and similar moments in other episodes.

I agree that, for the most part, Brainy should remain mysterious.
Luckycharm
Luckycharm
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by sueKay Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:26 pm

What about a series of short strips, just about Brainy manages to follow Helga (not anything about his family or anything like that) just about the lengths he goes to to keep close to Helga. We could make them silent, since Brainy doesn't talk much Very Happy
sueKay
sueKay
Artist

http://suekay87.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:47 pm

sueKay wrote:What about a series of short strips, just about Brainy manages to follow Helga (not anything about his family or anything like that) just about the lengths he goes to to keep close to Helga. We could make them silent, since Brainy doesn't talk much Very Happy

But that still ruins the mystery of 'How did he even get there?'.

With Brainy, less is more. Especially since he would supposedly get his Big Damn Hero moment in the Jungle Movie. That's what would make that scene so worthwhile - all we know about Brainy is that he wheezes and stalks Helga and likes her a whole lot and she completely dismisses him. Then, in TJM, he kind of brings her back. The contrast is what would make that scene powerful.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:56 pm

lol I don't think there's enough about Brainy that I wanna know to give him an episode of his own, while at the same time keeping him a "mysterious character". He'd be better suited for short cameos in regular episodes, or in gag comics. And the gag comics shouldn't be too revealing, just really gag...ish.

Like, for example, have a gag comic with a large title that suggests that it's going to be Brainy-based and revealing. So maybe a title that's huge and saying something like "All About Brainy!" Then the next panel should just be Brainy standing around doing nothing, y'know wheezing and looking around, and then have the last panel with him going, "Uh... hi." End of gag comic.

Dunno, just pitching ideas.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 pm

OI was thinking of Helga punching him, he falls, he gets up, takes out band-aid and glasses, puts them on, walks away. It's not much but really, where does he get his extra pairs. I bet he got more replaced than me XD

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down