Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold's Fourth

+3
RoseThorn
Meganium
leilistories
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arnold's Fourth Empty Arnold's Fourth

Post by leilistories Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 pm

I don't think I remember there ever being an episode on July 4th. I thought that since the holiday is so near, it might be appropriate to bring it up. Smile

The problem is, I'm drawing a blank as to what the actual plot of this episode can be. I was thinking something like Arnold inviting everyone to his house for fireworks on the roof, and maybe Gertie could get the holidays mixed up (as usual).

It isn't a very open ended idea, because I think there might be very limited ideas for this holiday, but I think it's worth a shot to think of something, right? Very Happy What do you guys think?

Last edited by leilistories on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Arnold's Fourth Empty Re: Arnold's Fourth

Post by Meganium Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Well, let's see.
-On Christmas, Gertie thinks it's Thanksgiving, but sang "Yankee Doodle Dandy," wore a "Happy New Year" sash, and said "Happy Fourth of July, everybody!" at the end.
-On Thanksgiving, she says it's the Fourth of July (but plays Christmas music).
-On April Fool's Day, she thinks it's Groundhog day, and that if the groundhog sees his shadow it means 12 more days of Christmas.

So...on the Fourth of July, can we assume she thinks it's Christmas, since it's the only one she hasn't thought was occurring (though has made references to)? I don't know...XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:53 am

Wasn't there a Veteran's Day episode? I seem to recall a patriotic episode, so I'm drawing a blank as to what the plot could be as well.
Typically, in addition to patriotism, July 4th tends to equal cookouts and fireworks, so maybe we could do something with that? (I think there was an episode with fireworks as well.) Maybe one of the kids has a bar-b-que and something could happen? Maybe a chance for two characters to bond or a little "mystery" of some sort?
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:06 am

Yeah, the Veteran's Day episode was probably the most patriotic. I feel like doing fireworks and stuff would be repetitive because of the Thanksgiving episode, but I guess we never actually saw them, so...XD

Well, usually holiday episodes focus on Arnold (actually, ALL holiday episodes involve him as the primary character), but there's no reason we can't have some great B-plots with some other favorite characters. =)

I'm thinking we could have a re-enactment of some historical events...or maybe have a "history tale" episode where historical events are shown with the characters replacing various historical figures...or something to that effect (Arnold definitely gets to be Ben Franklin XD).

That idea is probably really lame...XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:39 am

Uhhh. . .
What if during a field trip during the summer (at my school they sometimes take us on field trips during summer, like my sister went to India with the school!) the kids get lost and get sucked into a 4th of july reanactment or they save some historical item?

OR! What if it's a pioridy (is that how you spell it) of the movie "Independence Day"
I guess the 6th graders could be the aliens and the 5th graders are the humans?

Yeah, i guess my ideas are sort of crappy.

. . .

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:14 am

No, actually, your ideas are perfect! I can imagine them, especially the second one, in a Hey Arnold! episode. But, as I said, they're all good ideas. Smile
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Thank you!
Well I see a problem with the fiest one: Well I know I explained that at my school we sometimes have these summer trips, but should it really aply to them?

And with the second one: Well the thing is that it still would stay as Aliens/6th Graders v.s Human/5th Graders, but if it stayes like that then how would the theme of Independence day(the day) work here?

?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:29 am

Actually, by second one, I meant having to save a historical item xD
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:48 am

Neutral
uhh. . .
so. . .
They should save exactly what historical item?
We should narrow it down, but lets start with a broad theme
Save a biulding
Save a a medium sized item (like a cartweel)
Save a small item (like the Constitution)

Chose wisely!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 pm

I think you guys are on a good roll here!
What if someone in the class buys something at a yard sale or from a mysterious person and then the class takes a field trip to a museum and they find out that the item is some kind of actual historical relic?
Like that some criminal stole an important historical document, and then somehow it ended up at a yard sale or something? I'm thinking maybe Phoebe could buy it since she seems like the type of person who would be into collecting copies of historical documents and such.
Maybe the class wouldn't even need to go on a field trip; there could be a big headline in the newspaper: "XXXXX IS STOLEN!" and then Phoebe could be like "No, it couldn't be...!"
That could lead to some interesting plot developments, such as how to return it without making it seem like the kids stole it themselves.

I also like the idea that they get stuck in a war or period re-enactment while on a field trip. Smile That would be a cool way to match certain students' personalities with historical figures. The only thing is that it kind of reminds me of the Pig War episode. Or the Opera episode, but that's a bit different.
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 am

It would be totally amazing to see them all in Historical times. Like, using archaic language, wearing silly wigs, big poofy dresses...the whole nine yards. XD Just a thought. I don't really know where to fit it in...XD Maybe during the re-enactment like RoseThorn suggested?

I definitely like the idea of them having to save a historical item. I don't know if it should be a document, though...maybe it's just me, but it seems like that would resemble the movie too much. XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:20 pm

You mean National treasure? That's where I got the idea but, lol I don't know.

What if they THINK they're in the past, and that the reanactment is real?
eh. . .
eh. . .
eh. . .
Cool

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:49 am

Well, it could be a thing like in the Opera episode, where it's all a dream of one or two of the characters. That would give us an excuse to play with the characters a lot. x3

And I was referring to the deed in Arnold Saves the Neighborhood when I said "the movie". XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Uhh, so how should it play out?

lol But, so? They both invilve them saving a document, exept one's more actiony and the other is more cartooney

. . .

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:23 am

Welllll, we could have two characters crash into each other and share a dream or something...XD

And yeah, that's true. Very Happy I mean, the show's repeated themes before-- why can't we?
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 am

lol The only two I think that would crash into each other is Arnold and Helga XD

I guess, although you said it resembles the movie to much.

It'll be nice f more than two characters have those dreams. Like Arnold, Helga, and Sid! XD Sid's dreams! XD
I wonder how that'll be?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 am

Haha; yeah, I was thinking of Helga and Arnold too. Too easy! XD I'd like to see a Gerald or Phoebe dream as well, though... :3 And Sid's dreams would be hilarious. There'd be like...aliens leaping out of nowhere at some point XDXD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 am

and Vampires!
XD
I guess we should explore the other guys, but yet it's usually the main character who gets the spotlight in these eps so Arnold should definately have a big part in this.
But, you know. . .

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:53 am

Yup; Arnold's pretty much always the star of the holiday episodes. However, he sometimes shares the spotlight. In Veteran's Day, we learn a lot about Gerald's dad as well as Grandpa Phil, and in Thanksgiving, Helga is the co-star. Soooo we could definitely have a co-star for this episode, but it has to be someone who is either similar to Arnold in some way, or someone he can relate to on an unconscious level (whether literally unconscious or figuratively XD).
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am

xD Sid's dreams... Sorry, hehe.

So yeah, I agree. I was expecting Arnold to have a big part in the episode.

Also, if we do it something like somebody accidentally sells a historical item in a garage sale or something, then we would be able to make this different from the movie. I mean, instead of trying to stop somebody who's evil and wants to destroy it, they would be chasing some guy around who just innocently wants to keep an item he bought.

Oh, God, what if it was Curly who bought it? xD
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Curly: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH! IT'S ALL MINE!!!! . . . For you my preciouse flower!
Rhonda: Ehhhwww!
XD

I have and idea, I imgine that the guys that sold the item to *insert name* could chase after the kids, and the gang thinks their after them to steal the historical item. And at the end the guys come up to them and say "You forgot change!"
XD

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by funderkitty07 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:34 pm

I think if there's a co-star, it should be Lila. What do you guys think?
funderkitty07
funderkitty07
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 pm

I don't know, Lila really doesn't seem to be a main character in the really wacky episodes.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Why do you think Lila should be a big part of it, FunderKitty?
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Hmmm, I can't see Lila sharing a dream with Arnold, really. =/ Gerald or Helga, maybe, but not Lila. It's kind of a recurring theme that Arnold and Lila aren't really alike at all except in terms of being nice to everyone. XD

And about the "You forgot change!" thing... why am I reminded of the Chocolate episode of Spongebob? Wink XD

What if the historical item was a very special Hillwood coin, and everyone thinks it's extremely important, and at the end it turns out to be chocolate? XD

No, but I think it should be a real historical item. The "real-world" part should be serious, and the "dream-world" part can be as silly as we please. :3
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next