Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cousin Hilda

+12
sexy_yuri88
Graudlugh
Helga4ever
kousagi101
Cadence
Sota
Genaminna
ger5632
Squirreltamer
tendra91
Hellerick
Annemiek
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cousin Hilda - Page 3 Empty Re: Cousin Hilda

Post by Jalikscheeks Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:28 am

I think that her not standing up for herself works actually. It's a clear difference from Helga who does stand up for herself, albeit in an aggressive manner. It goes back to the idea of being nice but not a throw pillow. It could also show another way in which Arnold could understand the reason, if not actually adhere to--Helga's bullying side.

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:18 am

Perfect!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 am

Great! Let's propose it!

I'll let you have the honors!

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 am

Butt wait what is the thing that Arnold dreams that Hilda doesent stand up for herself?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:59 am

I don't can't really think of anything. Maybe we should put the question up for consideration.

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 am

We need to find more people,# of chapters,# of pages,artist and leaders.

Maybe we could be the leaders for the fact we have a possible story. Although Annemiek did put the story up.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 am

Or maybe you and Annemiek. I'll be starting school soon so I don't know if I'll be able to be really hands-on for the project.

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 am

K but I have school to (but on wensdays I get out at 2:00!) so it could work. Im gonna ask Annemiek, do you wanna do anything?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:18 am

I don't editing. Smile

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:20 am

You dont edit or you do edit?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:21 am

oh sorry. I don't MIND editing. Smile

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:25 am

Welcome onboard your the editor! First the reply and then the proposal!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalikscheeks Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 am

Oh. okay!

Jalikscheeks
Critical Analyzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:38 am

Before you guys propose it or anything (if you haven’t already) I still think there are a lot of details to work out.

First I’m just going to say that I really like this episode idea a lot! I know it can be really complicated because we don’t want to tread on the symbolism from “Arnold visits Arnie” but I think if we keep in mind what Hilda represents: not a perfect girl (like Lila) but just an alternate version of Helga, a Helga with all the good qualities and none of the “bad”, it can work out. Although, the point of this episode will be to show that those qualities are not necessarily “bad”, and even though they make Helga a little “rough around the edges” Arnold is still glade she is the way she is.

Now, personally I have absolutely no problem with Hilda being real. I know it doesn’t make sense, but a lot of things in “Hey Arnold” are implausible or even mystical. Like in some of the episodes with urban legends, at the end they hint at the legend is actually real. I also don’t think it cheapens the symbolism in “Arnold visits Arnie” In fact, I even think it will help to take the point the writers make in the previous episode (Arnold being relieved to see the real Helga) and drive it home in this episode (Arnold would rather spend time with the real Helga).

Also, Arnold is not just choosing Helga over Hilda because Hilda is an impossible dream he can never reach. Instead, Hilda IS real, but Arnold still prefers Helga. If Hilda is a dream he has no choice and he can never be with her, if she is real then he does have a choice. I think it just shows that Arnold’s decision is more… solid. But, if people are still really uncomfortable with the idea of Hilda being real, then I suppose a dream can work too. It’s just that a dream has already been done with Hilda in it, and I love the contrast of her actually being real.

Okay, and I like the idea of Arnold hanging out with Hilda, but then realizing that she is just not right for him. One of the big things he would notice would be that she can’t stand up for herself. (I like this one a lot) Another is something I suggested a while ago about her not being able to make a decision or have strong opinions about anything. On the other end of the spectrum, Helga is a bit too pushy and argumentative. So Hilda would just be Helga without these “bad” qualities. However, it is the fact she lacks these qualities that make Arnold realize that she isn’t who he want. Basically, Arnold thinks he wants a girl that’s smart, passionate, romantic, poetic and all the other things Hilda is in “Arnold visits Arnie” but in this new episode, when he really gets to know Hilda more, he realizes that there are other qualities that are important even though he didn’t initially think they were. In other words, we are taking an ideal in Arnolds head and showing it to him up close, showing him all its flaws. This makes him realize he never knew what he really wanted in the first place. Does that make sense?

Also, I think there should be one more –not a “bad” quality— but more like a lack-of-a-quality for Hilda. Something that Helga has (excessively ) that Hilda doesn’t have at all. I suggest three because Hey Arnold seems to always have things happening in threes and that makes the episode feel balanced. Oh! I just thought of one. Maybe Hilda doesn’t have a good sense of humor. Well, she would have some humor, but she can’t take a joke. Arnold won’t laugh at someone else’s expense, but he understands how practical jokes are funny as long as no one gets hurt. Maybe she doesn’t understand that. hmmm, well it needs to be worked out, but Helga’s cruel/sarcastic humor is defiantly something she has a lot of. Maybe Hilda doesn’t understand sarcasm?

Also, what about Arnie? Will he be around? It doesn’t really make sense for him to be here, since Hilda is Helga’s cousin, but someone had mentioned bringing him in this episode and I just wanted to bring that back up. Just in case someone is still interested in that.

Also, what about Annemiek's original idea about having Helga and Hilda switch places? We have come pretty far from the original idea, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing, after all it is what brainstorming is all about, but I just want to remind people that we have this other option that could make an equally awesome story.

I know I’m picking apart everything, but this story line is very complicated and I just felt like we needed to look at all the possibilities. I also think it needs to be fleshed out more before it is proposed. Again I LOVE this idea no matter which options we choose.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 am

Hey guys ^^
Just wanted to let you know that the first 3 chapters of my fanfiction are online at fanfiction.net Smile
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5668003/1/Cousin_Hilda
It's not like a script or anything, so the comic can be totally different from the fanfic. But maybe you can use some of the ideas Smile

I really like the idea of Arnold liking Helga's humor, and Hilda not having that same sense of humor xD Great idea! That could totally work!
Annemiek
Annemiek
Artist

http://heyarnold.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3