Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date?

+8
Pie01
leilistories
funnybones021
Helga4ever
Retromanka
mrshowtime
Inuyatta
tendra91
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we keep or change our HA6S release date?

October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Vote_lcap23%October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Vote_lcap62%October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 8 ]
October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Vote_lcap15%October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Empty October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date?

Post by tendra91 Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi all,

Happy first of October! In a week, it will be October 7, 2010 (aka Hey Arnold's 14th anniversary)! This was our planned release date, and I am impressed and inspired by everyone's hard work, time, and effort they put into this project. We have made *strides* with this project. Several well-developed episode ideas have been made, we have a several gag comics at hand, and have made a lovely number of fabulous and beautiful webcomic pages. Give yourself a round of applause, HA6S staff members, because you are the best. Seriously. We couldn't have done any of this without you.

Although we have several comic pages at hand, we need to address whether or not this is enough to release them to the public. Our pilot episode is not finished yet, although we are about 1/3 done.

So, we have mainly two routes to take with this project.

1. We can go on to release the comic pages. We can start with releasing our gag comics until we have a comfortable amount of buffer pages for the real comic episodes, and then start releasing them. Good thing about this is that we're on time, but bad thing is that we may eventually run out of comic pages and be forced to go into a hiatus (in terms of releasing comics) until further notice (i.e. when more pages are made).

2. We postpone the HA6S release date, preferably by a year. We will need to edit our current advertisements to change the release date, but hopefully, we will be adequately prepared to release our comics by then.

Please express your thoughts and opinions. It would greatly help! Smile

Tendra

------------------------------

Edit: Here are some info that may help with your decision.

1. We have ~ 5 complete pages of the pilot episode. The rest (we're have 8 pages in total) are in progress.
2. We have 12 gag comics ready at hand.
3. If we decide to do so, we can substitute actual updates with fanart (given the artist's permission), and "sneak-peeks" of upcoming episodes.
4. We still need to build our official website for which to release our comics.

Last edited by tendra91 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Empty Re: October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date?

Post by Inuyatta Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Hm...on one hand, I see the benefit in post-poning...but on the other...how many gag pages do we have?

Inuyatta
Writer

Back to top Go down

October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date? Empty Re: October 7, 2010: Keeping or Changing the HA6S Release Date?

Post by mrshowtime Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm not sure how to vote. Have we got a comic ready for release for Oct 7th?
mrshowtime
mrshowtime
Writer

http://mrshowtime.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:07 pm

I can't decide. Preferably I can do background but I'm not sure if the lineart would be done on time. Could we post some gag comics and lift the veil of our three projects, share plots? And also I think it could interesting to make the slides how the pages were done Smile
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:28 pm

I think Postponing it would be the responsible thing to do, on the other hand the viewers might get restless and give up on us.
I don't know what we should do.

We could put small gag comics, one each week, BTW how many do we have?
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Inuyatta wrote:Hm...on one hand, I see the benefit in post-poning...but on the other...how many gag pages do we have?

We have 12 gag comics (i.e. those actually in comic formats). I don't mind posting up fan-art as well (I have those saved to my desktop as well), given the artist's permission.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuyatta Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:30 am

Ok, how about we postpone and post up one gag comic per month just to keep viewers aware that the project has not been abandoned and that there is something to show for the wait?

Inuyatta
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:53 am

I think Inuyatta has a good idea. We could post one gag comic per month (or even one every other month if the selection gets too thin).

I think we should try to release something on October 7...even if it's just some advertisement telling people that we've postponed the release date. A gag comic would be better, though.

I can't believe it's already October Shocked
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Awh, I feel bad for not working harder ^^; I agree with Inuyatta, though
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm also with Inuyatta's idea.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Go Inuyatta!!!!!!
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie01 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:19 am

I really don't like the idea of postponing the release date, I think it would make people believe that we will never get it done (and that is not true because we DO have some pages of the pilot episode ready to be shown).

The thing is, we don't have to release the whole episode at once.

Maybe we can go for... I don't know, one or two pages a month + extra comic gag from time to time. I mean, I noticed that most of the people that display their webcomic (okay, our project isn't exactly one but anyway) release a page from time to time with a little note to the readers so those will know what is going on and the reason why the artist couldn't draw faster, etc...

Comic gags are great, really, but... if I were only a reader and that I couldn't see the work that have been done for the 'real' 6th season comic, I won't take this project seriously. I mean, I'll enjoy the comic gags but I would only see it as random (but great) fan art like those we can see on DA.

I really think we should give fans the proves that the 6th season is in the making BUT that we have real materials, we have serious work done and ready to be shown and artists who are still working on the other upcoming pages so they'll know that we intend to keep this project alive.
Pie01
Pie01
Artist

http://pie01.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:19 am

Aww, Inuyatta stole my idea! D:

LOL, Very Happy
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Pie01: Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It is important to show the fans that we are working on the episode progress and do have some things done.

I get a little annoyed when a web-comic posts up filler comics, but more so when they do it in the middle of a story-line. The story becomes hard to follow.

What about, in additional to the gag comics, we occassionally put up sneak-peeks of the actual episode projects and of course some sort of written comment on how far we are on our episode projects?
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:48 pm

That sounds like a good idea, tendra! Very Happy
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Shall I post something on the facebook page?
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Another idea is to post things like artist/writer/editor commentary. I know that idea has been proposed before, but we could try to do something like that.
It will let people know what we're doing, how we're doing it, and most importantly that we are actually doing it.

lilistories, I can make you an admin to the HA6S facebook page if you're interested in making facebook updates. That way people will only see HA6S when they see the post, rather than your profile.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:28 am

Sure Smile
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am

Okay. Probably the best thing to do would be to send a PM to either me or Tendra and let us know what your facebook profile name is so we can be sure that we're admining the right person.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:37 pm

I agree with the idea of releasing gag comics, bonus content, and sneak peeks to tie viewers over until we are able to release actual episodes. We've really gotta crack down, though! Smile

Also, I would love to write editor/writer comments on the episodes I've written/co-written/edited for. I could go on forever. XDXD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:16 am

What if we opened up the website by this Thursday? Is that possible to do?

It obviously doesn't have to be perfectly spectacular since we don't have a lot of content to post onto the website yet. But we could post some gag comics and maybe a little bit later we could start putting together commentary.

If it's too short notice for the website, we could also just post something onto facebook.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 am

lol Yes we are supposed to release the comics this Thursday. Hence, I'm a little nervous (haha).

I have sent an email to DestineyJen, asking if she is free to quickly whip up a simple website, but I don't know if it'll reach her in time. If not, then yes there are multiple other directions to go. We can post it up on FB, or we can post it up on the HA6S wordpress site, make a temporary Wordpress blog site and post the gag comic there, etc.

If it's Facebook, then I'll set up a new sub-forum to indicate the order of the gag comics to be released, I guess. I have all the gag comics saved onto my desktop Smile
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

Posting something onto Facebook sounds like a great idea. I'd also be willing to write a Note or something for the Facebook page, giving a Sneak Peek of all the upcoming episodes. =) I'll PM you my Facebook name if you want me to do something for the page-- just name it. ^_^
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:12 pm

I think at the moment, facebook would be the way to go (unless we can get a simple website by tomorrow). We have quite a few followers on facebook, so I'm sure that no matter what we decide to do, we'll want to advertise on facebook anyway.
I think that posting the gag comics onto the wordpress site and then later onto a different website with the rest of the full length comics will be confusing. I guess we could post it both places...facebook and wordpress.

Meganium, I can also make you an admin to the facebook page if you send me your facebook profile name. I would suggest holding off on the note until Thursday, though. Actually, I would like to be able to read over whatever you plan on posting first.

I think that I will make a new thread in the advertising section so that all of the facebook admins can coordinate with each other about facebook posts.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Personally, I don't think it would be impossible to release the comics as scheduled.
If we have 5 pages already ready and release 1 per month, that gives us 5 months to make a few more pages and so on. I think five months is a substantial amount of time to crank out some more pages, then again it is important to remember that the artists have lives as well and it may not be so simple.
I disagree with just releasing gag comics though. I think I'd be more professional to just wait with the whole thing.
My idea though, is what if there's a separate section on the website for gag comics? That way if you guys DID want to release them with comments to tide viewers over until we have more progress it wouldn't be part of the actual episode updates? Because if I was a fan and saw "Hey Arnold Season 6 has been updated!" And it was all gag comics for a year straight, I'd be a little angry. We don't want that.
I can help a little with fine-tuning the website if need be. I also think it would be a GREAT idea for us to have a Twitter account. This way all our followers could get instant one-line updates on our status even from their phones.
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next