Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making some episodes into videos?

+2
funnybones021
PleaseSendMoney
6 posters

Go down

Making some episodes into videos? Empty Making some episodes into videos?

Post by PleaseSendMoney Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:41 pm

I had an idea, that we could make some episodes into videos on Youtube by making pictures of each panel and then lining them up on movie software. That way we can time the panels so they're read in the way that they're meant to be, and we can add accompanying sound effects and music (we can reuse Jim Langs music from the ArnoldPhilShortman youtube channel, or we make some new things in the style of Jim Lang, which I will gladly do.) Plus it can help promote the episodes, as Youtube is a very popular website and the Hey Arnold community on Youtube is still very much alive.

PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Making some episodes into videos? Empty Re: Making some episodes into videos?

Post by funnybones021 Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Actually when Tendra and I first came up with this project, my original idea was a video comic similar to what you're proposing.

I still think it's an interesting idea. I would say that we work on the traditional comic first, and then put a video together.
I'm not sure if you've seen that HA6S already does have a youtube channel, so we could certainly use that for something like this.

The HA6S trailer kind of used that idea of clips of characters and settings set to music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Mq9Hd_Dmg
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I mainly suggested this to make more like an actual Hey Arnold episode, and because of sound effects and stuff, because sound effects can really add to it. (It can also be used for more subtle jokes, like Monkeyman's cry in the background, or those moments in a couple of episodes where you can hear someone getting shot if you listen carefully)

In my more unrealistic fantasies, we could get voice impressionists to do voices for the characters, but there's really not much chance of that happening...
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Oh my lord, I would totally do Helga and Phoebe and Miriam. I already read all my written scripts out loud to my mom to check them over-- and I pretty much nail their voices. I adore imitating characters.

Ahem, anyway. If you were to do anything of this sort, I would be ecstatic to take part.
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 am

As someone with small amounts of knowledge in this area, I can say it's not that hard to do - if you have the right software and equipment.

I was going to suggest something a bit more ambitious, but I figured I'm new and probably shouldn't. Oh well, here goes...

Does anyone know about "The Patakis" project? They want to create the proposed MTV spin-off "The Patakis" - in full cel-animated form, with voice imitators and everything. This is clearly ambitious, BUT I had the following idea: What if we made a joint episode? That is, an HA6S episode, but animated with their help? I'm not sure how far along they are with anything, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Maybe do some 30-second shorts too?

^ Slap that boy, he's CRAZY

No, remember, you should never hit a crazy person. Don't hit me, I'll hit me.

Patakis Website: http://thepatakis.0catch.com/index.html

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:18 am

I've seen that episode! I've read all their episodes. I was totally enamored with it. And so, so impressed by the animatic they made of Arnold returning to Helga. <3

And yes, I think it would be a brilliant idea to have a partnership with The Patakis Project, even if we didn't do any episodes with them. It might just be nice to have an affiliate-- you know, so the word gets spread about both of us.
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 pm

PleaseSendMoney wrote:I had an idea, that we could make some episodes into videos on Youtube by making pictures of each panel and then lining them up on movie software. That way we can time the panels so they're read in the way that they're meant to be, and we can add accompanying sound effects and music (we can reuse Jim Langs music from the ArnoldPhilShortman youtube channel, or we make some new things in the style of Jim Lang, which I will gladly do.) Plus it can help promote the episodes, as Youtube is a very popular website and the Hey Arnold community on Youtube is still very much alive.

Do you mean like an animatic? Like this?

Animatic for "Wicked" - Defying Gravity
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Yeah that sort of thing
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 am

You mean like Drama CD's? :O
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 am

ElegantVamp wrote:You mean like Drama CD's? :O

I've got no idea what those are
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I like the idea of turning episodes into videos because it creates a NEED for collaboration, which I guess is what the HA6 project is all about.

Okay, here's the honest truth of the matter.

Look at some of the BEST HA! comic artists on Deviantart (limey404, Squirreltamer, KOKOROASUKURA, ABCreatief, bloochikin, InvisibleDeath, KasuKAPL, Dies0nne, genaminna, reihikaruchiba, and I KNOW I'm missing a few more...)

They don't need the HA6 project. They've never needed it - these artists did their own thing with how THEY perceive a 6th season (or beyond) would play out, and more power to them all, because the end product is simply AMAZING.

The point I'm trying to make it DOES seem a little redundant to center the entire 6th Season Project around making a comic, when you've got fans who go it solo and do that already.

By making a video/animatic/drama CD/whatever, you're more likely to have people working together to make a collaborative product, especially if it's a short, concise plot that everything can believe in (nothing too elaborate, maybe like a 2 minute scenario involving Arnold and Helga).
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down