Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold Can't Take It

3 posters

Go down

Arnold Can't Take It Empty Arnold Can't Take It

Post by gjsmo Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:53 am

I apologize if this was suggested before, I seem to remember seeing something similar about it (Arnold goes to Dr. Bliss? Is this an episode yet?)
I realize this may be slightly un-canon, but what if we made an episode where Arnold had trouble solving problems - not only his own, but everyone's? He is, after all, ambitious - and his plans tend to work out, one way or another. I can think of a few scenarios:
1.) (involves a somewhat-twisted timeline) Someone has been living in a hotel/apartment since the movie, and is having trouble buying back their house (I always assumed that everyone just bought their houses back - what do you think?). For some reason, Mr. Bailey isn't available at all - maybe he's retired, maybe he was promoted and no longer deals with whatever he did before (and the new person is completely unwilling to help at all), and Arnold, being a kid, hasn't enough money to hire an attorney or knowledge to pursue the job himself. He consequently has to deal with failing to help someone.
2.) Arnold's day goes completely wrong. First, he busts his potato clock when he hits it off the shelf. Then he forgets his homework, and loses his lunch money. The bus gets a flat several blocks from his home (or maybe he accidentally takes the wrong bus), and has to walk home, but it starts raining when he gets outside. When he gets home, dinner has been burned (Pookie was catching tigers again), Abner needs to go to the vet, and one of the skylights over his bed is leaking. He loses his touch - not having a mental breakdown, just no longer gives good advice, but people accept it because he's always got great advice.
3.) Someone else has a HUGE problem - on the scale of (for instance), Mr. Simmons house (along with the rest of his block) is getting taken by eminent domain, so Big Bob can put a Super Beeper Emporium there. Arnold organizes a petition, but it's not enough to stop Big Bob Pataki. After Arnold starts feeling down on his luck, Helga convinces Big Bob not to do it, and Arnold regains his confidence.

In each one of these episodes, Arnold in some way stops being able to help people as well as he did, but regains confidence later.
Suggestions?

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Arnold Can't Take It Empty Re: Arnold Can't Take It

Post by gjsmo Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 am

I just wrote a little bit of a script. This would combine the previous idea I had of having a PTO/Town Hall meeting with this episode.

I'll update the document as I write more.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B87c6HkQCczTODU2ODM3NDAtYWE3Ni00NTNhLWE1NzEtMTcyNDIwMzg5Njk4&hl=en_US

Supposedly, this link should work.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Anyone? I am going to write more sometime...

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Your dialogue is great! But I don't think Mr. Sheck should be in it. He was a one-shot character for the movie, and isn't part of the show itself.
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:58 pm

So is Scheck effectively non-canon? I figured that the movie just happened "sometime" during the run of the show - after all, there was very little concern for chronological accuracy. I can write him out, though.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I dunno, I see him as a movie-only guy. I mean, he was mentioned in a children's paperback book about the show, but since the events described didn't happen in an episode, I don't consider the books canon either. I'd write him out, but there are plenty of sleazeballs in Hillwood-- you could easily replace Sheck's part with another guy! Smile
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 am

Unless you want Scheck, this was the best I could come up with. I've added a bit. Same link, actually...

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B87c6HkQCczTODU2ODM3NDAtYWE3Ni00NTNhLWE1NzEtMTcyNDIwMzg5Njk4&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

I liked the Scheck nightmare better than this. If you have a way to make it work, I'd be glad to hear it!

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Arnold Can't Take It Empty nice script

Post by Noah_R Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:59 am

gjsmo wrote:I just wrote a little bit of a script. This would combine the previous idea I had of having a PTO/Town Hall meeting with this episode.

I'll update the document as I write more.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B87c6HkQCczTODU2ODM3NDAtYWE3Ni00NTNhLWE1NzEtMTcyNDIwMzg5Njk4&hl=en_US

Supposedly, this link should work.

HAHA i love how principal wartz just chimes in "Effective immediately, no late homework
will be accepted by any teacher, for any reason. That is all."

i sat there thinkin' WOW principal wartz...really?
yeah i loved the script. looks awesome! it was clever and smart. good stuff. im glad theres other people that post regularly her to Very Happy
Noah_R
Noah_R
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:03 am

Thanks. I just added a minor update. You missed it, by about a minute.
The only change is really at the end.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:12 am

Aand... another update.
Don't wanna be a pain, but FEEDBACK PLEASE!

There will be plenty more to come. I don't think I've ever written anything this long, ever. It's at 1,833 words.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:52 am

Please... I realize that school is in session, but at least glance at it. More than 2 people - though I'd love to have Mega help out a bit.

Obviously it will be long when complete. If worst comes to worst, it'll just be a fanfic. But before I finish (which will take a while), I'd love some feedback. Please?

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down