Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helga, Gerald and bonding

+12
coloredskies84
acemcjace169
sexy_yuri88
18log
Retromanka
tendra91
sueKay
ger5632
M0ny
Hellerick
Annemiek
Squirreltamer
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Helga, Gerald and bonding - Page 2 Empty Re: Helga, Gerald and bonding

Post by Hellerick Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 am

Hey guys, how you think Helga and Gerald would react to Olga and Jamie O dating each other? There was an old fanfic about that: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1268096/2/Ode_to_John_Lennon

Yes, I understand that there is about 5 year difference in their ages, but we saw 9 year old Rhonda dragging supposedly 13 year old Harold to a date, so I guess we can stretch the things so far.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by ger5632 Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:42 am

isn't Olga too old for Jamie O? He's in high school or something right?
ger5632
ger5632
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:40 am

As I stated above Craig Bartlett and other HA! writers did not bother to be consistent in the matters of age, chronological order, sizes etc. So I guess it's permissible. What I ask is how you think Helga and Gerald would react to it? I honestly have no idea.

BTW, have you noticed how with the series progressing Elk Island was becoming larger and larger? Smile
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by ger5632 Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

Well, they'd both be happy. Jamie O' would stop bugging Gerald and Olga gets too distracted to annoy Helga. And the problem would be that they miss their siblings bugging/annoying them then they try to split them up or something? Gah, I'm running out of ideas o.o
ger5632
ger5632
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:55 am

Olga could try to set up something like a "surprise double date", for her, Jamie O, Gerald, and Helga. In this case Helga and Gerald are likely to be annoyed.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by ger5632 Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 am

Or they could go to one another's house for dinner or something. You know, to meet the parents. Cos a double date seems a little too extreme.
ger5632
ger5632
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 am

I thought about that, but I think it would mean too much. If we show them "meeting families", we are almost obliged to presume that they will marry each other eventually. And even though I like the idea (just like any other idea of Helga becoming step-siblings/cousins with somebody of her classmates), I think it would be too drastic turn — we should not change the relationship between characters so much.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 pm

1) With the ages. You have to keep in mind that Harold is still presented as a fourth grader and has known all his classmates since preschool. You also have to take into account that the only confirmation of Harold's actual age is the Bar Mitzvah episode. And who's to say that an HA! Bar Mitzvah doesn't take place earlier or later in someone's life than a real world one?

2) Jamie-o is clearly stated as being in high school and Olga in college. There's just a lot of social taboos (at least in the US) about a relationship that is that far apart.

3) People keep bringing up old fanfic ideas. This isn't a bad thing, but I feel like if we're just pulling from what's already been written/created by somebody else than what's the point?
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:30 pm

I have some ideas (sorry if my english will be bad).
I thought it can be interesting if Helga and Gerald for some reasons would stay in class (for example, they were only two to stay and write test to the end). Mr. Simmons would go to talk with headmaster in the corridor and forget about them. The cleaner wich was washing the floors near the door, closed it so loudly (cleaner could be very tired and nervous) that the lock broke. Simmons talked for a very long time and when he turned back he couldn't open the door with key because it had gotten stuck in the lock.
While Simmons was trying to solve this problem etc. (a lot of time could have pass since the door had closed) Helga and Gerald could talk...
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

So what you're saying is that Helga and Gerald are staying after class (maybe because they were late for school to start the test) and Principal Warts can call Mr. Simmons to meet with the Headmaster or Superintendent.

When Mr. Simmons leaves the class, there could be a story of the janitor panicking cuz a snake bit him in the butt or something and hits the door which causes the door to close so hard that the doorknob broke and fell. Then the whole Helga and Gerald bonding occurs?
18log
18log
Writer

http://www.myspace.com/azn_boy88

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 pm

The cleaner or someone else hits the door too hard (possibly he can slip on a peel) and, yeah, the doorknob will fall.
Mr. Simmons won't be near or in class when all happens.
BTW, the snake can creep out from a nature corner Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:36 pm

So anewly...
One day Helga and Gerald stayed at the classroom because they had to finish the quize. Mr. Simmons saying smth like "Guys, I'll go out for a second. If you complete, put works on my table" go away. As soon as he leaves someone hits the door and the doorknob fells.
Simmons after all comes and don't know what to do and whom to call for help.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Well who could hit the doorknob ?
18log
18log
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:03 pm

mmm...someone who is stupid enough and someone who was the third in the class. Harold, for instance or a pupil who wanted to see Simmons and didn't find him in.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:18 am

i think that its a great idea, but i dont know about the whole tutoring idea..maybe they could work on a class project together. you know? because her and Arnold, always seemed to work on those all the time. this way it would look real.

i dont know, maybe my idea is bad! Embarassed
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by acemcjace169 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 am

Possible Situations (just throwing these out there):

1. Helga and Gerald are assigned as partners (tutoring).

2. Helga and Gerald get stuck in a classroom together.

3. Helga and Gerald get detention together.

4. Helga and Gerald are the only ones who show up for baseball practice (even though Gerald almost always stops by Arnold's house before heading there...I think).

5. Helga orders a special Wrestlemania card off the computer but it never arrives, so she goes to the address of the user who sold it to her, jamieOzero. Maybe Helga could wait on his porch for someone to get home. When Gerald gets there, he could ask her why she wasn't at practice, and she could say something like, "Well, not that it's any of your business Geraldo, but I've been waiting out here for three stinking hours for this guy to show up so I can beat him to a pulp."

Helga doesn't know that it's Gerald's house and doesn't find out until he says, "That's great Helga, but could you move so I can get inside." At first she thinks Gerald's the one who ripped her off, but they find out that it was Jamie O. Maybe Helga could try to convince Gerald to let her look for the card. Of course, Gerald declines at first, but Helga says, "Look! Either you let me in or I'm busting my way in!" Gerald could respond saying, "If Jamie O finds out that I let someone in his room, he would torture me even more." Maybe Helga could use the old "You must be scared trick."

If she got in there, she would completely destroy his room. Jamie O could come back while Helga's still there and Gerald would make her hide somewhere with him immediately. Jamie O could open the door and step inside to get a better look at his wrecked room. Then he could say, "What in the World!" then scream, "Grr.... GERALD!"

Right after Jamie O turns around to go upstairs/downstairs, Helga notices the card in his back pocket from where she's hiding. She stomps after him to confront him as Gerald whispers, "Alright Helga, let's climb out through the wind... No, Helga! Come back! Do you want my brother to pound me to death!" and follows after her. Helga could say back to him, "Like I care tall hair.(Just kidding)" Gerald might not feel safe until his parents return. I have plenty of other ideas for but I better...oh my god it's two hours already...Holy Crap!

I'm so sorry guys. I got a little carried away. Please forgive me.

Last edited by acemcjace169 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:34 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : fix up)
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Everything's alright Smile But yeah...it came to the other avenue...
Nonetheless what idea can work?
Personally I don't like the idea of tutoring (Helga's absolutely impatient and Gerald won't endure this tortue)
3, 4 should be explained...
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by 18log Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Well the 5th one i liked since you really gave it an explanation/story
We can say that when Helga finally gets the ticket from Jamie O, she drops it (when she was climbing over something?) and Timberley gets hold of the Wrestle mania card.

Then afterwards, she plays with the card (maybe cuz it has wrestler pictures in it?). But when somebody calls her, Helga goes for the card and so on and so on... hehe thats all i got...

any other thoughts?

and acemcjace169 dont be saying YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THIS cuz you'll never know if an idea's a good idea! lol cuz we actually think the choices you gave were pretty good idea's. Smile
18log
18log
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by coloredskies84 Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:00 pm

I agree with you, 18log. I think, though, that acemcjace169 puts "YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS!" as a disclaimer because the replies are long. I personally try to read everything in the threads regardless of how long it is. Very Happy So, no worries, acemcjace169. Smile
coloredskies84
coloredskies84
Writer

https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 am

Retromanka wrote:Everything's alright Smile But yeah...it came to the other avenue...
Nonetheless what idea can work?
Personally I don't like the idea of tutoring (Helga's absolutely impatient and Gerald won't endure this tortue)
3, 4 should be explained...

well, maybe she dont have to tutor him. maybe they get asigned to work on a book project togehter.

like when i was in 5th grade, the book we had to read was "the castle in the attic." then after reading it, we had to make a castle and write a report on the book. we were a sign to a buddy to work with.
it was sooo fun, and i really loved that book. after we was done we watched the moive on it.then after we did that we went to "the midevil knight" park in SC. i loved it so much. the knights, the battle, the maidens. they even had a king and queen too.
jocolor queen king
and for the x-mas hoilday, we read and watched "the best christmas pageant ever"

so this way, it wont be tutoring. plus it could be fun!
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ger5632 Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am

Btw, about the wrestle mania card idea, is Gerald going to help Helga look for the card or is he going to make life worse for her (prevents her from getting the card for whatever reason)?
ger5632
ger5632
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 pm

sexy_yuri88 wrote:
like when i was in 5th grade, the book we had to read was "the castle in the attic." then after reading it, we had to make a castle and write a report on the book. we were a sign to a buddy to work with.
it was sooo fun, and i really loved that book. after we was done we watched the moive on it.then after we did that we went to "the midevil knight" park in SC. i loved it so much. the knights, the battle, the maidens. they even had a king and queen too.
jocolor queen king
and for the x-mas hoilday, we read and watched "the best christmas pageant ever"

Hey, it's unfair! You were reading children's books at school!

Anyway I think it would be very difficult to force Gerald and Helga to work with each other. Just a school assignment would not be enough for that. There should be a reason why they would be interested in cooperating with each other. Earlier I proposed that they should try to gather to break up Olga and Jamie O; okay maybe you think the very idea of them dating is too far-stretched, but I think the reason should be of this kind.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by sexy_yuri88 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 am

Hellerick wrote:
sexy_yuri88 wrote:
jocolor queen king

Hey, it's unfair! You were reading children's books at school!

Anyway I think it would be very difficult to force Gerald and Helga to work with each other. Just a school assignment would not be enough for that. There should be a reason why they would be interested in cooperating with each other. Earlier I proposed that they should try to gather to break up Olga and Jamie O; okay maybe you think the very idea of them dating is too far-stretched, but I think the reason should be of this kind.

pale sorry!

but now that i hink about it. its does seem a little forced. oh,well.
the fact that they try to break up jamie-o and olga, would help them see eye to eye in some things.
helga and gerald could work side by side on it. planing the break up.
and when it comes down to seeing their brother or sister heartbroken.i think helga and gerald would see how they massed up. i think they would try to right the worng they did! they would fix it after maybe aronld saying something!
because they would feel happy about their plan at 1st and then after seeing the results, well they arn't going to be happy!
what do you think?
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by acemcjace169 Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:17 am

Right i forgot to mention that on my list.
acemcjace169
acemcjace169
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:36 pm

sexy_yuri88 wrote:
what do you think?

I'm cool with it, the rest are not.

Maybe, Jamie O and Olga should not be exactly dating. They could get acquainted somehow (like after tutoring etc.), and then Olga would try to make their families friends, to organize common meals, to force Helga and Gerald to do some activities together, and H&G would try to sabotage her efforts. I.e. Helga and Gerald would become friends because they fought together against being friends.

Well, I can't think about it very well, because I am not exactly aware about what's wrong about Olga and Jamie O dating. That's some cultural differences I guess.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next