Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a band

+8
Orb_Manson
Meganium
shameonpretzel
funnybones021
leilistories
mrshowtime
Retromanka
peachcake21
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

a band - Page 4 Empty Re: a band

Post by Orb_Manson Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Eugene should play the piccolo or flute, you'd think...he seems like one to do that. Something high-pitched and light, but can still do damage when he's being himself.
And we've had flutes and clarinets play in our small group jazz band at our school (I'm from a class of 70, btw), so it's not like it's uncommon, either. ><
Orb_Manson
Orb_Manson
Editor

http://orbmansonblog.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykster Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:00 am

Wouldn't it be funny if the band could play the Hey Arnold theme as their song? And at the end it could be like "bum bum bum" *(Curly dings the triangle)* *Ding*!

Mykster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah_R Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 am

yeah sounds great! i think that near the middle they should break up (whether it be about lyrics or the way something should be played or who the leader is) but soon after they start to miss each other's friendships and at the end Arnold goes up to the roof and plays and the others hear it from other places in the city and and they start playing and it ends. to have it to where its not too short i think that the breaking up could slowly escelate (first just a little annoying them then to where they cant take it anymore)

Noah_R
Noah_R
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah_R Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 am

mrshowtime wrote:
peachcake21 wrote:any other suggestions. . . Like how they ended up in a band?

Easy. City-wide contest, winner gets huge prize, Arnold enters and gather the rest of the gang into a band.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD they could be entering a contest.....yeah i could see that.
Noah_R
Noah_R
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 am

Arnold-contest-gets others involved=classic Arnold!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:54 am

Love itt!!

Wait, how are we going to show what tune they're playing? Are we just going to write *insert Miles Davis-ish music here*?
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 am

ahah, white panel with words ''Miles-Davis music's playing''.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MD90 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:42 pm

How about a vibraphone if it's a jazz band? In that Jim Lang piece with the Hammond organ there's an obvious vibraphone - hint, it's the instrument that has the melody for the first 15 seconds

MD90

Back to top Go down

Post by MD90 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:20 am

Also Phoebe as bass and Gerald on drumset would be cool, since they'll both be in the back together on the rhythm section, which could definitely allow for some glances and such. Phoebe actually seemed to be carrying a bass in Helga on the Couch so it would make sense. And I could totally see Gerald on drumset.

MD90

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 pm

If we did a concert band, we need to have Brainy totally mess up, and when the conductor/band leader asks what he's doing, he just says "Uhh... I dunno."
Also, I love the idea of giving Phoebe a big instrument, as one other person said, like Lisa Simpson and her saxophone. And maybe Rhonda refuses to use an instrument someone else has used before.

Also, if we did a rock band, we could have Arnold on bass, Gerald and someone else (Jamie O maybe?) on guitar, and Helga on drums because she's the only one that fits the role. They play a concert, and at the end Helga tries once again to confess her love to Arnold, but Gerald comes backstage and tells them the audience wants an encore... or something like that.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by PleaseSendMoney Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:09 pm

gjsmo wrote:If we did a concert band, we need to have Brainy totally mess up, and when the conductor/band leader asks what he's doing, he just says "Uhh... I dunno."
Also, I love the idea of giving Phoebe a big instrument, as one other person said, like Lisa Simpson and her saxophone. And maybe Rhonda refuses to use an instrument someone else has used before.

Also, if we did a rock band, we could have Arnold on bass, Gerald and someone else (Jamie O maybe?) on guitar, and Helga on drums because she's the only one that fits the role. They play a concert, and at the end Helga tries once again to confess her love to Arnold, but Gerald comes backstage and tells them the audience wants an encore... or something like that.

I think Helga would be better on guitar. Harold could be on drums.
PleaseSendMoney
PleaseSendMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:43 pm

PleaseSendMoney wrote:
gjsmo wrote:If we did a concert band, we need to have Brainy totally mess up, and when the conductor/band leader asks what he's doing, he just says "Uhh... I dunno."

I think Helga would be better on guitar. Harold could be on drums.

Harold would put his head through one of the drum heads.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 am

I think there should be a running gag throughout that Curly wants to join the band on bassoon and everyone shouts in unison every time, "WE DON'T NEED A BASSOON!" Because let's face it: Bassoons are funny.

Also, I think a jazz band is best because the show had a kind of jazzy feel to it as evidenced by its background music. It would be cool to pay homage to the music of the real show.
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 am

Meganium wrote:I think there should be a running gag throughout that Curly wants to join the band on bassoon and everyone shouts in unison every time, "WE DON'T NEED A BASSOON!" Because let's face it: Bassoons are funny.

Also, I think a jazz band is best because the show had a kind of jazzy feel to it as evidenced by its background music. It would be cool to pay homage to the music of the real show.

Excuse me, but SLIDE WHISTLES are funny. Bassoons are just big, fat and ugly.

And I agree with the jazz idea, but honestly I think a rock band is more popular in that age group. I realize that Arnold and Phil love jazz, but still... Rock bands make kids go crazy. I know, because I'm a kid.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:03 am

Yeah, but slide whistles are so juvenile! Bassoons are funny BECAUSE they're big, fat, ugly, unnecessary, and unwieldy to carry around. It would just be funny to see Curly lugging a bassoon everywhere. LOL.

And I agree that kids today are more into rock bands, but this is Hey Arnold we're talking about. Everything is very 90's, and the show has a really retro feel. I just think rock bands are clichéd and every cartoon and their dog has had a rock band episode. Hey Arnold has always broken the mold--why stop now? We should do something different! Jazz band for the win!

That is my final answer. XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by gjsmo Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 am

You make a good point, Meganium. Alright, I'm convinced.

We could show the kids in concert band, then have that inspire them to start jazz band. And drumsets are far larger and more unwieldy than a bassoon.

OOOH! If Curly is in the band, when they are coming up with a band name, he should suggest "The Thaddeators" - and be rejected, of course. Now, how can I work Rhonda into the jazz band so she can personally tell him no.... She can play piano. It seems like a rich-person instrument. Can we say she just happens to own 2 9-foot Steinways?

So what about Arnold on bass, Gerald on guitar, Helga as the drummer (I know, PleaseSendMoney - point taken) only because everyone else was crap, Rhonda on piano, Curly on baritone saxophone (it's nearly as big as a basoon), Phoebe on tenor (still bigger than her), Sid on alto sax, Eugene on soprano sax, then Harold on trombone, and...uhhh. I seem to have written myself into a hole. Perhaps Lila on trumpet, as an unexpected twist, and Brainy on... damn... uhh... another trumpet!

Alternately we could give Phoebe the bass saxophone, which is slightly larger than the bari, and find another tenor player. We could also do a "combo", which is generally smaller (3-6 people) and not have to worry about so many instruments.

gjsmo
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah_R Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 am

i personally like the idea of a jazz band and i still think they should break up somewhere in the middle but yeah i love all the different ideas!
Noah_R
Noah_R
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next