Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store

4 posters

Go down

Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store Empty Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store

Post by Tolgron Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 pm

I always kind of liked the "supernatural/mystery" episodes of Hey Arnold!, like Wheezin' Ed and the Headless Coachman, where Arnold and the gang would explore an urban legend or a strange part of the town. With this in mind, plus a writing of a creepy nursery rhyme a while ago for a game of Changeling: The Lost, I sort of pieced together the roots of a potential episode.

Called Old Man Dusty's store, Arnold comes across an abandoned toyshop in town and is told that the store used to belong to a man known simply as Old Man Dusty. A creative genius, he was driven mad by an overly demanding child who he supposedly turned into a toy and the shop has been abandoned ever since. Naturally, it's also become haunted by the ghosts of Old Man Dusty and his last customer. People say that late of night you can still hear the manic laughter of Old Man Dusty as he continues to make toys in his workshop in the basement, or see the ragdoll form that the demanding customer now has, wishing for a pair of sicissors for his sewn up mouth.

Either because of a dare or simple curiosity, Arnold ventures into the shop to find the truth of the matter. As per these tales, there's an array of creepy goings on, paniced screaming and dusty shelves filled with creepy toys, only for a perfectly reasonable explanation for it all to come about towards the end of the episode. And, as per these episodes, the final frame is something that once again throws the mystery into the air.

Just need to finalise a draft script or something now, but any comments on how things look so far and suggestions for improvement would be more than welcome.

Tolgron
Writer

Back to top Go down

Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store Empty Re: Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store

Post by leilistories Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 am

Hmm... not bad Very Happy (It reminds me of this one horror movie where some crazy chick cut up her friends and turns them into life sized dolls... I forget the name xD)

Is Arnold the only one who goes in the store?
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store Empty Re: Episode Idea: Old Man Dusty's Store

Post by Tolgron Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am

Nah, I'd imagine he'd at the very least drag a very reluctant Gerald along. And there's nothing to say that, if the dare option was undertaken, some of the others may not try to ensure that "Old Man Dusty" definitely makes an appearance.

Tolgron
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 am

I like the story, but how would Arnold end up in that part of town?
I think that maybe after some long activity Arnold has to take the bus home, but it's the mean old bus driver's break int the middle of the ride. He demands Arnold to get off, so Arnold tries to either find a phone to call his grandpa or a map to the nearest subway.

Then maybe he stumble into the store looking for aomeone to help him.

Or he just gets lost and winds up there =P

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:11 pm

I like this idea Smile
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:39 am

Okay, first does Arnold go in because of a dare/bet or because he wonders in?

I'd like to point out that to me this seems very Halloweeny! Smile

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down