Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian

+8
ANdyanamic
shameonpretzel
InnocentThought
Pie01
Weird1
mannardme
peachcake21
KokoroAsakura
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian Empty episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian

Post by KokoroAsakura Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 am

I was thinking of making an episode called "the watchdog"

This is the idea:
In her way to school, Helga is bothered by Wolfgang, who want to steal her lunch, but in the Helga's lunch there is a pack of cookies and when she's trying to escape, Helga give one cookie to a poor dog, who in payment, defends her from Wolfgang.
In school Helga uses her dog to be "the boss" of all but Arnold is not agree with that and try to make her stop, but the only thing he gets is the rage of the dog.
One day After, Wolfgang buy a dog that can beat the helga's dog and go to challenge her. Helga is confident and try to give a cookie to the dog, but the cookies are gone and now, the Helga's dog is against her and she runs for her life .
In the way she met Arnold and she ask him for an advice, but with no time to lose, the two are running.
I want in the end of the episode, the dog leave them because he find a "girlfriend".

The scrip is almost ready, but I have to write it in english (it s in spanish) and I need some help because my english is bad.

What do you think?
KokoroAsakura
KokoroAsakura
Artist

http://www.kokoroasakura.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian Empty Re: episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian

Post by peachcake21 Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 am

Good.

Helga is not very caring so there has to be a really good reason to give the dog a cookie.

I can help in translating the script.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian Empty Re: episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian

Post by mannardme Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 am

Hey that sounds creative. I love dogs and I'd like to see a story about dogs in the show, although they had a story about a lost cat.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by KokoroAsakura Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:46 pm

I sill have to think in a good final for this chap, I need help, any ideas?
KokoroAsakura
KokoroAsakura
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:00 am

I know a good reason why Helga would give a cookie to a dog. Maybe they're really yucky ones she doesn't really like, so she sees the dog and is all, "You want one? I hate these nasty things."

As for the ending... Hmmmm, well, I don't know. Sorry.

Wish I could have been more helpful here.
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie01 Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I agree with Weird1, I really don't think Helga would ever give a cookie to a dog just like that... The yucky cookies idea is good.
I was also thinking of an "accident", like Helga looking in her lunchbox taking out that cookie, staring at it disgusted and throwing it behind her. So the dog could catch him and thought it was done in purpose?... Dunno.

For the ending what about Pookie shows up? She always has a "thing" with animals =P
Or maybe, while running, Arnold would tell her something like trying to speak nicely to the dog, as it wouldn't have been so nice to her if it doesn't like her at all. So Helga suddenly stops and turnaround then gives it her " I'm the boss here " look and starts yelling at it. The poor dog might be so afraid that it would be scared away haha~
Pie01
Pie01
Artist

http://pie01.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InnocentThought Mon May 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I feel a little late on this (hopefully not too late) becasue I just signed up. But...

I feel like this plot would raise questions on animal cruelty because of the dog fights. I like the idea of having the dog come in and protect Helga but it could be done a little differently. Instead, Wolfgang is about to beat Helga and she cries out for help and the dog jumps in to save her. She gives whatever treat to the dog reluctantly ("I guess you're not such a mangy dog after all") and the dog follows her around. You should make the dog less mean and more hungry. He's doing stuff for treats-- he's not really a bad dog. At the end the dog will leave, maybe because Helga ran out of treats. Arnold can come in and comfort Helga, saying stuff like, "He's a wild dog" or "He wouldn't have stayed forever".

I hope this is helpful.

InnocentThought
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by KokoroAsakura Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm

InnocentThought wrote:I feel a little late on this (hopefully not too late) becasue I just signed up. But...

I feel like this plot would raise questions on animal cruelty because of the dog fights. I like the idea of having the dog come in and protect Helga but it could be done a little differently. Instead, Wolfgang is about to beat Helga and she cries out for help and the dog jumps in to save her. She gives whatever treat to the dog reluctantly ("I guess you're not such a mangy dog after all") and the dog follows her around. You should make the dog less mean and more hungry. He's doing stuff for treats-- he's not really a bad dog. At the end the dog will leave, maybe because Helga ran out of treats. Arnold can come in and comfort Helga, saying stuff like, "He's a wild dog" or "He wouldn't have stayed forever".

I hope this is helpful.

I like some Ideas yo gave me, but some of them are diferent to the original idea of the episode I'm thinking, anyways I will modify the script.
I make some sketches about the dog, what do you think?
episode suggestion "THe watchdog" or Helga's guardian B3fa39cf08e96ce9ef4c31903af7fb7f
KokoroAsakura
KokoroAsakura
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by InnocentThought Mon May 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Those are great. Exactly how I saw the dog. Is he supposed to be a mutt? Because I think making him a mutt would give him (or her) more character. I like the second one the best.

InnocentThought
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 pm

I like the idea of Helga befriending a stray mutt. Good character development.
Very Happy

KokoroAsakura, are you familiar with the dog from the episode "Crush on Teacher" (the one that harasses Gerald while he's on the walkie-talkie - "Shoo, Beanie!")?
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 am

Sorry, gotta comment on how cute I think the dog is. Very Happy
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by ANdyanamic Thu May 13, 2010 9:18 am

I just LOVE these sketches you made. They are so sweet, this will be a great episode!

ANdyanamic
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by KokoroAsakura Thu May 13, 2010 2:17 pm

ANdyanamic wrote:I just LOVE these sketches you made. They are so sweet, this will be a great episode!
Thank you, but this is't an "oficial" episode yet.
KokoroAsakura
KokoroAsakura
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:14 pm

I love the sketches!

I agree with inocentthought, it's to animal crule and to dark for HA! I think it would be better if the dog is just Helga's gaurd dog.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:50 am

Yeah, I think it would be good to just show a glimpse of the animal cruelty. Because it is an important (and often unaddressed) issue, and Hey Arnold addresses things that no other kids shows do (mugging, family problems, drinking, crime in general, war...). So maybe we have a scene at the beginning where the dog is kicked out (we don't see who is kicking the dog out), saying, "Go on, you stupid mutt! You'll never be useful for anything!" So then the dog wanders around, hungry and alone, and begs for food from Helga, who feeds him. Then the dog starts following her around like, well, a dog.

At the climax of the episode, maybe we could have a scene where the dog suddenly stops while walking with Helga and growls at a guy. Turns out it's the guy who abused the dog. The guy says something about how it looks like his dog turned into a pretty good watchdog and maybe he isn't as useless as he thought, and "asks" for his dog back, but Helga sees how the dog is reacting to the guy and says, "You know what is useless? Trying to cozy up to this dog when he clearly hates your guts." Something like that. XD

At the end, we'd have to think of a way to get rid of the dog, like he starts following around someone else or something, but in any case it'd be good to see Helga developing a soft spot for a dog. Smile
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 pm

MAN! That's great!
NOOOOOO! No soft spot, WAIT! what if Bites (the monitor lizard) gets jelouse? Maybe just one hiss and that's it.
I think Helga should just have the dog to protect her, and then when he's really no use or aout of control then she tries to get rid of him,
GERTIE WITH A CAN OF DOG FOOD TO THE RESCUE!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:02 pm

It's all brilliant!! Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:05 pm

what is? Suspect

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:04 pm

I ment the Meganium's idea is great.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:06 pm

I agree!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:57 am

Aw <3 You guys are sweet. x3

Well, I think Helga would develop a bit of a soft spot...I mean, who wouldn't start to like a dog that followed them with blind adoration and protection? XD But I like the idea of Bites getting jealous. Depending upon which episode comes first, this one or Helga's Pet, Bites might have to have a smaller or larger part respectively. It wouldn't make sense to feature Bites a lot if his episode hasn't come yet! But if this episode comes after Helga's Pet, then we can throw Bites in a little. Very Happy

I like the idea of Gertie coming into play as well. Maybe she tries to feed him things that are definitely not dog food. XD Like...haggis. Or something. XD Nonono; her cooking!! XD And then even the dog gets sick. XDXD Of course, it would be hard to work that in, since this will focus mainly on Helga's interaction with the dog, but maybe Gertie could have something to do with the dog not following Helga around anymore at the end.

So, will this dog have a name? Since he'll follow her around everywhere, Shadow might be an appropriate name, but Helga also seems like the type to just go around calling him "Dog." XD However, we don't want her to seem as cruel as the guy who abused the dog, so it'd be cool if she had her own nickname for him, and the abusive owner just calls him "Dog" or even by a number, like "36."
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:19 pm

I was going to suggest "Perro" (which is "Dog" in spanish) but then how does she find that out.

She could name it after the cookie she gives him or the street she found him!
OHHHH! ARCHIBALD! XD
Sorry it's a joke.
. . .

Spot, you know the desing of how he was drawn, he had a spot around his eye so. . SPOT!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:27 pm

I think "Spot" suits 'cause of it's simplicity Smile
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Yay! So we got the dogs looks and name, any other traits to sketch out?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:32 am

XD! The name Spot is SO Helga. "I guess I can't just keep calling you "mutt"...uh...I'll call you...uhh...[stares at him; the dog wags his tail as his tongue flops out of his mouth joyfully] Spot. Yeah. Cuz you've got [traces a finger around her eye unnecessarily] a spot around your eye." XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next