Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying)

+3
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
peachcake21
Perhapsormaybe
7 posters

Go down

Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying) Empty Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying)

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:29 am

I was thinking about this earlier today...Gerald and Helga like one another's best friends. The two themselves, while not really enemies, don't seem to get along. I'm wondering if we could do something between them to at least hint towards a potential friendship with them, especially since in the Jungle movie, after Gerald catches Helga and Arnold kissing, his reaction is supposed to just be "whatever you say" to their lame excuse. Right now, I'm feeling like his reaction would be to shake Arnold and demand to know what Helga had done to him, or if he'd been brainwashed.

Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I really feel that for right now, until Gerald can really see how good of a person Helga can be, I don't think he'll believe she's good enough for Arnold, and given that Arnold seems to think the best of everyone, he'd probably be concerned for his sake. I've been trying to think of a plot all day that would force the two to work together as friends, but my mind is not cooperating.

Perhapsormaybe
Writer

http://plumbersplayground.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying) Empty Re: Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying)

Post by peachcake21 Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 am

What if they are stuck in astore or something and they get along and that makes her "cool" with him. Hope she doesn't freeze! XD XD XD X) X| Neutral

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying) Empty Re: Gerald and Helga (NOT romantic! just clarifying)

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:52 am

*laughs* I don't know. I was considering something where they *think* Phoebe and Arnold are in trouble (they're not, they're somewhere thinking that Gerald and Helga are on their way) and agree to work together to 'save' their best friends.

I really don't know. I don't see the two ever becoming good friends, but I just think that they need to be okay with one another before Arnold and Helga can move forward as a couple (though Helga doesn't really seem to mind Gerald being with Phoebe...)

Perhapsormaybe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 am

I skimmed through your post.

Anyways, I dunno, Big Gino threatens someone and Helga and Gerald misinterpert it and think its Arnold and Pheobe in trouble.

flower

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 am

This reminds me of one of the topics we have going here Called Helga Gerald and Bonding. you might get some more good ideas from there:

https://ha6s.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/helga-gerald-and-bonding-t30.htm

yeah i really love the idea of Helga and Gerald starting to realize that the other one isn't that bad.

Last edited by Dpshrineinclosetgirl on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:17 am

this would make a cute ep! flower

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 am

LOL I imagine it like this.
H: ARNOLD'S IN TROUBLE
G: PHOEBE'S IN TROUBLE
H: Why do YOU care about Phoebe?
G: Why do YOU care about Arnold?

hehehehehe
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer13 Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 pm

what if Phoebe+Arnold or Helga +Gerald were stuck in a store that was getting robbed. But the robber is lets say "new" at robbing . So he make bad demands, nervous ,knocking things over and apologizing for it.

Theif: I...I....I need some rope to tie you up.
Manager: Aisle 3. Its on sale.
Theif: Really, How much?
Manager: $8 for 2
Theif: Do you take checks?
Theif gets rope and pays for it.
Theif: Here now tie yourself up with this.
Then (Phoebe,Arnold or Helga ,Gerald) Whoever stuck in store, points out he didn't need to pay.
Theif looks at manager.
Theif: Can I have that check Back?

Silencer13
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm

*laughs* That interaction is hysterical. Maybe Gerald and Helga are sent to the store to get something (I can't think of them volunteering together, perhaps they're all on a class trip or something and Mr. Simmons realizes he's forgotten something, but doesn't want to leave the class without a chaperone and unfortunately is mistaken in thinking the two will be completely safe just popping into the store for him for a moment?)

Perhapsormaybe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:28 am

I think Gerald's reaction is subtle because he notices that something is going on between the two of them during the movie, just like the rest of the class.

So at the end when he sees them kissing, it's not that big of a surprise, because he kind of saw it coming. But we are actually working on the Gerald and Helga bonding thing in the discussion "Helga Gerald and Bonding" just as Dpshrine said. But having more Gerald and Helga eps isn't a bad idea. We shouldn't crowd ourselves with too many of them, though.

I personally don't consider any of it as much of a big deal at all.

Craig wasn't even gonna have a 6th season (I don't think), but that didn't stop him from having Gerald simply say, "Whatever you say." after their lame excuse for kissing, so obviously he had something planned out in the movie.

But this is always fun. Very Happy Sorry to say I really don't have anything to add to the general idea, though, but if I get any ideas I'll be sure to post them. flower
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 am

I was reading something on tvtropes' wmg page for Hey Arnold!, and one troper suggested that Gerald's completely aware of Helga's feelings for Arnold, as Phoebe may have already told him (she was telling him about what she'd been doing that day when they go into the love tunnel in one episode, I believe). So it's possible. I am curious as to what Gerald would think of the whole situation, though.

Perhapsormaybe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 am

I think if Gerald knew he would freak, unless of course he realized it slowly (which is what we are going for I think).Slowly he starts to realize Helga is not that bad, and that she doesn't completely hate Arnold. If you think about it like that, his reaction in the movie just seems to fit perfectly.

So I really don't think he knows, and I really don't think Phoebe would betray Helga like that and just tell him. It really is an interesting idea that Gerald might really know. I've heard it before and considered it myself. And I've always wanted to know what Gerald would think of the whole Helga/Arnold thing too. Just another reason why TJM should be made.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 am

Oh, I doubt Phoebe would intentionally betray Helga, but what if she said something like "And then H-...my friend made me chase after Ar---this guy she likes, and ruin his date with L---this other girl..." Eventually Gerald would figure it out. I think initially he'd be shocked by it, but I do believe he'd come to terms with it...I just don't buy him going "Oh, Helga likes you and you like her? Okay, cool."

Perhapsormaybe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:09 am

I think Gerald, at the very least, suspects Helga likes Arnold.

We've gathered from certain episodes that Arnold subconsciously suspects it, so it's possible Gerald could too (Consciously or subconsciously).
Weird1
Weird1

Location : You know... The place, with the people, and the crap.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Counfusingly I get that.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga4ever Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey I think I heard in one of the episodes that Helga stopped bank robbers with jui jetso (or is it my imagination?
Helga4ever
Helga4ever
Writer

http://fivecatz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm

yep she did, its the career day one

but what if the robber is like new and clumsy and such but knows ju jetsu (or how ever you spell it)

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 am

Helga4ever wrote:LOL I imagine it like this.
H: ARNOLD'S IN TROUBLE
G: PHOEBE'S IN TROUBLE
H: Why do YOU care about Phoebe?
G: Why do YOU care about Arnold?

This actually gave me an idea. Here goes the writer in me. Smile
I don't think Helga or Gerald would necessarily be willing to suddenly spring into action and start working together just because someone was in trouble, unless it was life threatening, in which case I don't think that would be an appropriate situation for an episode which has a lot of potential comedic moments. So instead of a robber or something equally dire, what about something Arnold/Phoebe have to get out of because of eventual trouble/danger?

Here's what I'm thinking:
-Helga is at Phoebe's house talking to her about her feelings for Arnold, (correct me if I'm wrong, but Phoebe does know right? It's been awhile since I've watched the series,) and after seeing how upset/distraught Helga is, Phoebe decides it's finally time to take matters in her own hands. (Obviously Helga is unaware.)

-The next day at school after PS118 has let out, Phoebe stops Arnold and tells him she'd like to take some time to talk to him about something. Arnold asks what's up and Phoebe says she'd rather not talk about it here. Arnold asks why not and just then Harold runs by and trips right between/in front of them, getting up and dusting himself off with his distinctive laugh. Stinky walks up to Harold and says "Wilikers, Harold, you sure are clumsy!" (or something, haha) and the two walk away. Phoebe gives Arnold a silent stare as if to say "THAT'S why", and Arnold says "...I see your point." The two decide to meet up over the weekend. It is a long weekend due to a holiday (specifics can be determined later,) and the only time the two are both free is the next day in the evening. They decide to meet at a local grocery store, since Phoebe says she has a few things to pick up for her parents anyway.

-That same day, Phoebe arrives home from school and gets a phone call from Helga. Helga wants to know if she can sleep over at Phoebe's the next night. Phoebe says sure, but remembering her arrangement with Arnold quickly adds, "...but I have to go to [Name of Supermarket] first. I'll call you when I get home."

-Meanwhile, on his way home from school, Gerald walks by Arnold's stoop, baseball bat in hand, and sees Arnold carrying an armload of assorted hardware items (duct tape, a hammer, plywood, etc). Gerald says "Hey Arnold. What's going on?" to which Arnold replies, "I'm helping Grandpa fix the pipes in the basement." Just then the sounds of pipes clanging and Grandpa cussing (i.e. "Confounded stupid piece of-*CLANG*") can be heard, and Gerald jokes "Sounds like it's going well." Arnold asks Gerald where he's off to and Gerald tells him he actually stopped by to see if Arnold wanted to play ball, but he's obviously busy. Arnold says "What if we both went down to Geraldfield tomorrow evening? I have to go to [Supermarket name] to meet up with a friend first, but I'll meet you at Geraldfield tomorrow around 5 pm." Gerald says that sounds good. Gerald tries to initiate their secret handshake/"thumb-thing" but remembers Arnold's hands are full and says "Oh, yeah. Right. Good luck man." Arnold says thanks and Gerald goes on his way.

-Skip to the next day, and Phoebe walks up to Arnold waiting for her by the entrance of the supermarket. The two go inside and Phoebe tries awkwardly to tell Arnold about how Helga feels for him. She stutters and vaguely dances around exactly what she's trying to get at, and when she finally gets up the gumption to tell Arnold about Helga she is interrupted by an unenthusiastic teenaged voice coming on over the loudspeaker announcing that the store will be closing soon. Phoebe gets nervous and decides she doesn't want to tell Arnold afterall, not only realizing she should respect Helga's wishes but also afraid that Helga will ultimately kill her! Arnold says "What were you saying?" and a very nervous Phoebe quickly suggests that Arnold go to the bathroom. Naturally, Arnold is confused and asks "What?". Phoebe nervously stammers "I, uh, I just think you should go! You know how it is! If you don't go now, you'll have to go as soon as we leave, amirite??" She shoves a confused Arnold towards the men's room and he slowly says "Oookaaay...be right back," and goes inside. A flustered Phoebe ducks behind a magazine rack to catch her breath and think outloud about what to do now. While she is hiding and thinking of an excuse for her odd behavior, and while Arnold is in the bathroom, the two irresponsible teenage boys who are running the store quickly turn out the lights and head out for the long weekend, not bothering to check anything, and talking about how they are excited for some party happening later that evening. Phoebe emerges from behind the magazine rack upon hearing the sound of the door lock in the dark. She literally bumps into Arnold who asks if there's been a power outage. Phoebe replies "I'm afraid not Arnold, we appear to be locked in the store!" Arnold says something like "Ok, let's just try to remain calm. Afterall, if worst comes to worst, someone will be here tomorrow morning." Phoebe then points to a sign which reads "THE STORE WILL BE CLOSED SUNDAY AND MONDAY IN OBSERVANCE OF [HOLIDAY]".

-Meanwhile, Gerald is waiting impatiently by the baseball field and Helga is sitting on Phoebe's stoop. Helga says something like "Criminey, Phoebs, what the heck is taking so long?" and then gets up and begins to walk in the direction of the store. Gerald says "I wonder if Arnold is still at the store?" and then he also begins to walk there as well. (The plot thickens, haha.) On the way there, the two literally bump into one another and Helga says "Watch it, Hairboy!" Gerald will probably say something sarcastic like "Nice to see you too, Helga." The two walk a few steps next to each other in the same direction before Helga angrily says "Quit following me, Geraldo!" Gerald then informs her that he's not following her, he's headed to the supermarket to look for Arnold. Helga says, with a complete change of tone, "Arnold!? Er- I mean," her tone reverting back to normal, "So Football Head's at the store, huh? Phoebs said something about being there too..." "Phoebe's there?!" asks Gerald with piqued interest. "Yeah, why do you care?" asks Helga. "No reason," says Gerald trying to play it cool, "you seemed pretty surprised when I mentioned Arnold too, you know." "What?" says Helga, "That's crazy-talk, Geraldo! I was just surprised that he and Phoebe were at the same place, that's all! It was an odd coincidence." "Uh-huh," says Gerald skeptically, "whatever Helga." They continue to walk.

-Back at the supermarket, Arnold and Phoebe have temporarily forgotten about what they came there to talk about and are instead trying to figure out how to escape their predicament. They think to look for a phone, but the only one is locked behind a door in the manager's office. Arnold yells "Look!" while pointing to the front doors where two silhouettes have appeared. The two run towards the door.

-Gerald and Helga are now in front of the store. "Well, Hairboy, looks like we missed 'em," Helga says to Gerald. Just then the two hear knocking from inside the glass and look over to see Arnold and Phoebe.

I've gotta stop there for now, but I think I've set up a good scene for you guys. This will give Gerald and Helga a good opportunity to work together to get Phoebe and Arnold out of the store. (I'm thinking something with a window? And maybe Gerald and Helga having to work together to carry something heavy over a distance, like a ladder maybe?)

And for the ending after they successfully break Arnold and Phoebe out of the store, the two (Gerald and Helga) might high-five in the heat of the moment or something, and Helga could say something like "Well, Gerlado, looks like we did it." and Gerald could say "Yeah I guess we did. Thanks Helga." Helga could say "Eh, same to you. We couldn't have done it alone." Upon seeing Helga and Gerald getting along, Arnold could turn to Phoebe and say something like "You know, when it comes down to it, Helga can be a really great person." and then smile. Then, after a pause, he could ask "By the way, what was it you wanted to tell me before we got locked in?" Phoebe smiles and says "Nevermind." Smile

Let me know if you like this idea! Very Happy I'd love to be involved in this ep!
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:04 am

I don't really think Phoebe would talk to Arnold about Helga, although you did say she won't talk about it but it's really not Phoebe like.
What if Phoebe has a problem and has to Arnold about it instead of trying to talk about the Helga thing?
You gave me an idea, I thought that coisidentally Phoebe and Arnold have to do something (seperate of course) in secret. They both tell their friends that they are going to whatever the name of the super market is ( they both say the name of the same supermarket, Im still not sure of making them go to the store or just say that). Later Gerald and Helga see on the news that the market is being held up by the newbie robber. They race to the store to save Arnold and Phoebe. If they are there they help each other get out and Helga and Gerald bond. I was also thinking that Helga and Gerald remember an episode of (I think) Pop Daddy (the show Gerald and Arnold watch in "Chocolate Turtle) and are like "This is just like episode #72 when (so on, and so on)" and then they both recite "and then he said "(something Pop Daddy would say)".
I think my outline is quite wierd in a way.

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:14 am

I like the idea of Gerald and Helga trying to get Phoebe and Arnold out of the store. Maybe Helga could implement a plan where they are crawling through the vents and Gerald will be like: O_o Helga? where did you learn how to do this? lol
I'm not so sure about Phoebe going to tell Arnold about Helga. Even if it is with good intentions to help her friend, I don't think Phoebe would tell Arnold. Help Arnold out a little by hinting at stuff yes, but not actually tell him he needs to pay more attention to Helga, or that Helga cares for him. But other then that I like it. And there can be many reasons as to how Arnold and Phoebe get stuck in the store.
BTW, your new here right? Nice to meet you!
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:21 am

Oh yeah! I forgot.
Okay! Rose Thorn, What is your favorate color?
I know its off topic but still Smile

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 am

I like your build up so far...I don't think Phoebe would tell Arnold either, but that's a conundrum...how do you get them to the store in the first place, then?

Perhapsormaybe
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:00 am

I was thinking they were going to throw a party for someone on the same day so they go to get supplies or just grocery shopping for milk.
What in the world is "conundrum"?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseThorn Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Dpshrineinclosetgirl wrote:I like the idea of Gerald and Helga trying to get Phoebe and Arnold out of the store. Maybe Helga could implement a plan where they are crawling through the vents and Gerald will be like: O_o Helga? where did you learn how to do this? lol
I'm not so sure about Phoebe going to tell Arnold about Helga. Even if it is with good intentions to help her friend, I don't think Phoebe would tell Arnold. Help Arnold out a little by hinting at stuff yes, but not actually tell him he needs to pay more attention to Helga, or that Helga cares for him. But other then that I like it. And there can be many reasons as to how Arnold and Phoebe get stuck in the store.
BTW, your new here right? Nice to meet you!

Yes, I am! Nice to meet you all as well!

peachcake21 wrote:Oh yeah! I forgot.
Okay! Rose Thorn, What is your favorate color?
I know its off topic but still Smile

haha dark Purple, why do you ask? Smile

peachcake21 wrote:
What in the world is "conundrum"?
A "conundrum" is a big problem. Smile

So, the consensus here seems to be that it would be OOC for Phoebe to even consider exposing Helga. I still like the ending though, and I think because Phoebe does eventually decide against it that it could still work, but if everyone else thinks it's a stretch, then I'm sure we could find another reason for them both to be at the supermarket. I don't like the "newbie robber" idea though. It's too outlandish and slapstick, I think.
RoseThorn
RoseThorn
Editor

http://firecrescendo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down