Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo

+5
danettemarie
tendra91
18log
Cadence
funnybones021
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo - Page 2 Empty Re: HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo

Post by danettemarie Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. We need to save as much time as we can with the trial.

I like the music and the narration, but we can be open for other ideas. Right now though I'm too burnt from my classes to actually think of any ideas. (The life of a college student...)

And that's a great idea. I could translate if you'd like, unless you know Spanish too.
danettemarie
danettemarie
Artist

http://nana-de-pucho-dana.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo - Page 2 Empty Re: HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo

Post by funnybones021 Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 am

Well, I'm okay with the music. It's just that I don't want to squash out any other ideas people might have.
The reason that I'm not sure about the narration is that I don't know that I'll be able to get the condenser microphone (the good mic) like I thought I could before. I asked about it once, and they seemed to quickly change the subject. I'll keep trying, but I can't make any promises.

I'll try to think of some more ideas before my classes start in a couple of weeks. I know I'll have a lot less time to work on it once school starts (although my schedule shouldn't be as hectic as last term's, so I'll see what happens).

I don't know Spanish, so feel free to translate.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by danettemarie Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 am

I think the narration you had was fine, so you if you can't get the condenser mic, I think it will be all right. But, then again, that's just my idea.

All right, cool.
danettemarie
danettemarie
Artist

http://nana-de-pucho-dana.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am

lol, maybe I'm just too picky about sound quality. Either way, I'm going to have to re-record it because it should sound a little more professional than that. I was just making up something off the top of my head, and I really need to have a prepared script in front of me as I record it. It would also be good to find a fairly sound-proof, echo-proof room.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 am

Hey, I just recently heard if you put this type of mesh between your mouth and the mike, it'll help reduce the mike from picking up those 'p' and 's', ect. sounds.

Attaching a clothes hanger and a nylon together should do the trick. Try that out if your mike is too sensitive.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:50 pm

Oops, sorry. I thought he owned the headset. It turns out that it was a rental.

I'll try the material and hangar over the mic, Tendra. That should help at least a little bit.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkGloom Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 am

Yeah, I love that face too. Surprised
I imagine it as Arnold's 'cool' face.
PinkGloom
PinkGloom
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:41 am

Here's one quick logo I whipped up. Sorry it took forever Embarassed

HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo - Page 2 Ha6s_l11

Suggestions for other logos would be great!
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:53 am

Here's a modified logo that I made a long time ago. You saw the original, Funnybones. Smile

HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo - Page 2 Ha6s_l12
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:49 am

Yes! I remember the original. They all look great. Think we can just plaster these logos everywhere? (Everywhere where a HA6S logo would be appropriate that is.)
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:49 am

Indeedy! Go forth and spread them!

I edited both of them to include the Wordpress url, so here we are:
HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo - Page 2 Ha6s_l13
HA6S Theatrical Trailer and Logo - Page 2 Ha6s_l14
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm currently busy with a logo to be shown in front of trailers etc. Of course with a neat HA!(-like) jazz* sound. Hope to finish it by the end of the week.

*Preview available hereSmile
Original artist: John Coltrane - Blue Train
Marty
Marty
Website Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Excellent choice of music Very Happy
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 pm

It went faster then I thought. I already finished them. The animation could be better, though.

Click here for the 1080p version. 1.8 MB (1891280 bytes)
Click here for the 720p version. 1.1 MB (1132544 bytes)
Marty
Marty
Website Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Looks good to me!

For some reason, I couldn't view either file without first converting it to a wmv file format. Here's the wmv if anyone else is having the same problem:
http://rapidshare.com/files/318566683/untitled.wmv.html
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:00 am

Umm ta-da? Here are three rough drafts of the script for the Advertisement. I wanted to do three different ones to give you guys some variety so we can all see how different it can be. Now I wasn’t sure what you guys wanted to have in it exactly so I left plenty of room to add stuff in that we need. These are also flexible so we can take stuff out or even combine them. Actually, it’s meant to be combined together by taking the best elements of each. Also I put in parenthesis some of the details I imagined (all optional of course)

Advertisement # 1
Arnold
Helga
Gerald
Phoebe
And the rest of the gang are back.
Like you’ve never seen them before …
Introducing new characters
(a picture of William)
New situations
(Something from the comic)
And old harbored feelings
(picture of Helga being obsessive)
From where the old TV show left off…
(More pictures of scenes from the comic)
…The fans begin again.
Hey Arnold! season 6 Comic
Coming Fall 2010
This time, the fans are in control and anything can happen.

Advertisement #2
The city of Hillwood…
(Maybe a picture of the town in the cartoon and then it slowly fades into the town drawn by our artists)
Will never be the same
(Scenes from the comic)
Based off an original show by Craig Bartlett
HA6S (the logo) presents
A continuation from where the cartoon left off
Reintroducing the students of PS. 118
The optimist
The bully
And the best friend (Gerald)
If you thought you’d seen the last of them
Think again
Coming Fall 2010

Advertisement #3
In a world where urban legends are real
love is at first sight
and faith leads to miracles.
There lives a boy with a football shaped head named…
Arnold
Hey Arnold
HA6S (logo) presents a fan-made comic series of epic proportion
From the old TV show that taught us to always look on the bright side
(something with Arnold)
And to love with all your heart
(something with Helga)
Now the story continues like you’ve never seen it before
Follow Arnold and his friends
Through mishaps
Mayhem
And Adventure
Coming Fall 2010

So what do you think? Personally, I like number 1 and 3 the best, but there are still some good attributes in #2. So this is just what I was able to come up with. I wonder if it is anything like what you guys were thinking. Please help revise and make it better! It defiantly needs a new set of eyes and some different opinions.
Some uncertainties I had:
#1- I was thinking Phoebe could be replaced with another character depending what pictures we are using. And for the end of it, I was thinking a “This time…” would sound cool, although I am unsure about the part that I put after the “this time…”
#2- instead of “If you thought you’d seen the last of them” I was thinking of something more like “if you thought you knew them before” but I couldn’t think of anything to follow that up. I don’t know which one I like better.
#3- “through mishaps mayhem and adventure” not my favorite word choice but I kinda like how it sounded. Any better suggestions?
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:18 pm

I really really love all of them. Fantastic job. Very Happy

Here's some more specific feedback:

I really like the intro to #2. I think that would be an amazing way to start the trailer (except I just thought of something...the HA6S background art is pretty damn close to the background on the show. Would the artwork be different enough to make it work?).

Another line I liked in #2 was, "Based off an original show by Craig Bartlett". Maybe we could change it to the original show: "Based off of the original show created by Craig Bartlett" or maybe "Based off of the original Nicktoon created by Craig Bartlett".

I also really liked the introduction on #3. The only thing is "There lives a boy with a football shaped head named...Arnold" seems a little awkward to read. I'm not sure how else to word it, though.

I really really like these lines from #1, "Introducing new characters", "New situations", "And old harbored feelings"...but I also really like what you did in number 3.

I think my favorite intro is #3. I was even picturing some of the artwork that the artists might want to consider doing for this intro as being fan-made still versions of some classic HA! scenes (e.g. Pigeon Man flying into the sunset). What if we did an intro like this:

Where urban legends are real
love is at first sight
faith leads to miracles
...and a football shaped head.
Based off of the original Nicktoon created by Craig Bartlett
HA6S presents Hey Arnold! Season 6, the comics

I actually really like the idea of starting out epic, but then getting more light-hearted as the trailer progresses. So, maybe then we could switch to #1:

continued from above
New situations

And then, I like the end of #2 or #3...and I also like the sound of mishaps, mayhem, and adventure. So, taking the end of #3 for example:

again, continued from above
The story continues like you've never seen it before
Follow Arnold and his friends through mishaps
mayhem
and adventure
Hey Arnold! Season 6
Coming Fall 2010

So, what do you think of something like that? I know it's not perfect, and needs some more refining. Any thoughts?
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks! Glad you thought it turned out well.
I liked the Hillwood thing, but yeah, I’m not sure how it would look exactly. But my favorite opening is defiantly : Where urban legends are real/ love is at first sight/ faith leads to miracles. I just think it sounds epic. And I don’t think it’s really possible to combine the Hillwood thing and that… is it? If I had to choose between them I would go with the “where urban legends are real…”

Yep the “There lives a boy with a football shaped head named…” is awkward. I struggled with that line for a while. I like how you did it, it flows better. So for the beginning, is starting with “where urban legends are real…” strong enough, and so we don’t really need “in a world…” to start it off? I think it does work without it, umm right?
And my second favorite part from #2 is "Based off an original show by Craig Bartlett" It just feels more appropriate to mention the creators name. And “Based off of the original Nicktoon created by Craig Bartlett” Add more information so I defiantly like this better.

And then
New situations
I can just see the different pictures of the comic we can put to this. XD

Also:
Follow Arnold and his friends through mishaps
mayhem
and adventure
I like this much better then: “If you thought you’d seen the last of them/ Think again” yeah, I don’t really like that line very much now that I think about it. I prefer “mishaps mayhem and adventure”
And what about saying their names like “Arnold, Helga…” or is “Arnold and his friends” better?

As for the logo, I think I like it better in the beginning before all of this instead of in the middle like I suggested for #3 and #2, but that’s just me. I like how you combined them; it has some of my favorite elements. Very Happy
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:02 am

Unfortunately, I think we better just forget about the Hillwood fade-in. It's a great idea, but it's probably not to practical in this particular instance. With the introduction, I think it would be cool to see some of our artist's renditions of some classic Hey Arnold! scenes.

Dpshrineinclosetgirl wrote:So for the beginning, is starting with “where urban legends are real…” strong enough, and so we don’t really need “in a world…” to start it off? I think it does work without it, umm right?
I did read over what I had written at that point...and it does seem like a very abrupt intro. I guess we could use "In a world...", it's just that that line seems so cliche for a movie trailer to use lol.

Dpshrineinclosetgirl wrote:And what about saying their names like “Arnold, Helga…” or is “Arnold and his friends” better?
We can certainly list their names out. That actually might be better because some long-time viewers probably don't remember the names of all of the characters (I've noticed that a lot of people tend to get Helga mixed up with Angelica Pickles from Rugrats). We could also have our artists renditions of all of the characters we list show up on screen.
On the other hand, we may be pressed for time. The trailer needs to be able to fit all its information into a fairly short time-frame, which is partially dependent on the music we decide to use.

Ok, so I think the biggest thing we need to consider is where to place the logo. I think you're right that it should go at the beginning, but we do need to convey to the audience exactly what we're doing some time at the end of the intro (at least with the way we have the intro written now...we kind of build up suspense in the intro and then let everyone know exactly what's going on right after the intro).
Do you think we should just say what is written with a comic scene in place of the logo? Or do we need to re-write the intro?

--
On a different note (and a heads up on things to come), I'm going to send a PM to all of the registered artists once we get a few more details here hammered out. So, I'm going to ask that any artists who are interested in working on this trailer take a look at our tentative script and provide any feedback/suggestions and ideas about what they plan to do with the art that will accompany the script.
I just wanted to let you know that it could change significantly by the time it's finished, lol nothing is concrete.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:45 am

funnybones021 wrote: Do you think we should just say what is written with a comic scene in place of the logo? Or do we need to re-write the intro?
umm not exactly sure what you mean by that. The intro seems good to me with maybe a black screen with the logo and then fade to black and then into the scene for the intro.

Okay, so to rewrite it would it be something like this?

HA6S (logo)
In a world where urban legends are real
love is at first sight
faith leads to miracles
...and a football shaped head.
Based off of the original Nicktoon created by Craig Bartlett
HA6S presents Hey Arnold! Season 6, the comics
New situations
Follow Arnold
Helga
Gerald
And the rest of the gang
through mishaps
mayhem
and adventure
Hey Arnold! Season 6
Coming Fall 2010

hmm, i'm having second thoughts about listing their names like that. I don't know, how do you think it sounds? Does it clash with "mishaps mayhem and adventure"?
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Hmmm, now that I look at it again, I don't remember what I meant by that. I think it's fine the way it is.

I don't think listing their names sounds funny. It's an easy fix if we don't like it like the listed names in the finished product, though.

Okay, so I'll PM the artists and see what their take on the script is.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah, it will probably sound even better when its narrated then it does on paper. I'm pretty happy about it.

Okay, sounds good. Very Happy
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2