Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What about Olga( and Helga )?

5 posters

Go down

What about Olga( and Helga )? Empty What about Olga( and Helga )?

Post by marcosbnpinto Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Afterall,
What do you think should be done of her?

Would she continue that teaching career( though it´s not necessary to keep herself freezing her bum out there in Alaska on forever ), or, as I think I read out form a chat there with Craig, to make her follow an acting career instead?

I´d love to draw something on either one or another of those paths.

Also,

Should she be still as clueless as she seemes do much to be along all the series( though some could take that as just a manner to not take acknowledgement of the Pataki family´s issues ), or she would be more experienced now?

What about Olga( and Helga )? Fad58941557620
Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Actually,
I even drew some designs for her, concerning to that "Alaskan" period, too.
( ... and I am suspect to say anything about her - again - because she´s certainly one of my favorite characters, along with Dr. Bliss or Lila, of course )... !

There´s also some ifo I wrote >>> there <<< in my gallery at Deviantart, just in case you wish to read/watch the pics about.

However,
As much many of the things that concern Helga are realeted to her older sister, I just think that she could be also taken on consideration, or, at least as a mention about herself, maybe in the parts that concern to Helga( of course )´s relationship with their parents!

In fact,
All that "why aren´t you like Olga" thing should be somewhat resolved, or at least, also taken into consideration, either because Helga shouldn´t still live under the shadow of her "perfect" sister, neither I sincerely think that Olga would really want that, as long she had a REAL chance to bond with her sister( a thign that she tried several times along all the series, but, for one reason or another - comedic or not "so" comedic - it wasn´t ever fullfilled ).

What do you think, please?

Last edited by marcosbnpinto on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
marcosbnpinto
marcosbnpinto
Artist

http://marcosbnpinto.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

What about Olga( and Helga )? Empty Re: What about Olga( and Helga )?

Post by Squirreltamer Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 pm

1) I think we should keep her in Alaska. Olga is only really funny in small doses.

2) From what it sounds like, Craig didn't plan to have her move back and pursue the acting thing until years later (around when Helga would be 15). If you look at it, in a sense of canon timeline, she really hasn't been gone that long. Less than a year.

3) Olga does seem to realize, but not deal, with the Pataki's dysfunctional household. She doesn't always like being the wind up doll, but I don't think she will ever get to the point where she'll stand up to her father or admit out loud that her mom is an alcoholic. If anybody is going to change the Pataki family, it's probably going to be Helga.

4) I'm up for Helga-Olga episodes and some bonding between the girls, but drastic changes in their dynamic are unlikely.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by marcosbnpinto Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:11 pm

I agree with your first point, and, to tell you, their dynamic is more interesting if Olga and Helga aere SO different of each other( just by instance, the ending for that "Big Sis" episode was hilarious( and, of course, humor shouldn´t be postponed on our project, either )

About your third point, doesn´t Helga be able to do that?
I mean, who uncovered that "Doug LeSham" guy was her, anyway, as much she´s much sharpier than Olga concerning to their mother´s problem( and that is yet another topic, on how to deal about Myriam on the proposed fiction here ), too - Olga isn´t just fit for for deal with those problems, indeed.

Me too,
I´d liek to see them having more oportunities to get a real bonding, too ( though, as said, Olga and Helga are so different from each other , and that could also generate other funny situations like before ); howevr, Olga is still Olga and Helga, still Helga, so event that cold be taken on consideration for that other issue I meant( on that "why aren´t you like your sister" thing - that, actually, is a point stressed much more by Big Bob - who also does not want to take real acknowledege of Myriam´s drinking problem, either ( actually, that´s a REAL problem on the Pataki household: on no one else really, but REALLY taking acknowledgements of each other´s real probelsm, and even Helga - though, as we know her, she´s a child, and she´s being VERY seriously both neglected and put under other person´s expectations( Big Bob´s ) and under yet another person´s parameters( Olga´s ), regardless how Helga actually is.

Or, as Myriam once said, "We Patakis put those things under the rug" ( but... I think she was being somewhat sarcastic there - in vino veritas est - or sort of, otehrwise I don´t think Myriam would ever dare to say/pinch Bob with that )
marcosbnpinto
marcosbnpinto
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Helga-Olga episodes are among my favorites, but I don't think any serious development in their relationship can take place in the sixth season. Craig Bartlett said that in the Jungle Movie, Olga goes to San Lorenzo with the class, and she's still driving Helga nuts.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by marcosbnpinto Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Hellerick wrote:Helga-Olga episodes are among my favorites, but I don't think any serious development in their relationship can take place in the sixth season. Craig Bartlett said that in the Jungle Movie, Olga goes to San Lorenzo with the class, and she's still driving Helga nuts.

Really?
^^D
Once again I clashed with another idea from Craig, even without knowing it!

( Actually, I thougth a similar situation, thouh it wasn´t meant to be Olga and her class, but jus tin the case she gone to San Lorenzo form some kind of voluntary work >>> http://marcosbnpinto.deviantart.com/art/HA-Oh-my-80437179 <<< but end up by finding Helga( who ended up moving after Arnold )there!

( Well, I just think that Olga soemday wold figure out about Helga and Arnold, too )

But that would be very funny nad nice( on Olga trying AGAIN to get some bonding with Helga... who isn´t actually so eager for ! "Oh my, even here!" )
marcosbnpinto
marcosbnpinto
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:32 pm

That is an idea for The Patakis. Craig Bartlett mentioned that one of the ideas for The Patakis was that Helga, being fed up with the situation in her family, runs away to Arnold. And it's pretty likely that she would be followed by Olga.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by marcosbnpinto Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks!

that would be so nice to see( and so potentially fun, too ); alike, it also would be a chance for lga and Helga´get closer... I just imagine the mixups Olga would do!
marcosbnpinto
marcosbnpinto
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Wait- so what is everyone talking about here? Are there plans for Olga coming back? (etc. etc.)
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Can you imagine somebody like Olga to be left out? Of course we need her back.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by marcosbnpinto Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Aside the sister´s bonding( it would be nice ), there´s plenty of funny possibioities, even reagrding Helga/Arnold, too.
marcosbnpinto
marcosbnpinto
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Iffy Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Hellerick wrote:That is an idea for The Patakis. Craig Bartlett mentioned that one of the ideas for The Patakis was that Helga, being fed up with the situation in her family, runs away to Arnold. And it's pretty likely that she would be followed by Olga.

really? where did he mention that?

that sounds exciting.
Iffy
Iffy
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:15 am

Look at Chats and interviews with Craig Bartlett/2000-04-21 in Hey Arnold Wiki.

Craig Barltett:
As I said earlier, he’s moved away but Helga still loves him. I’ve got this idea: she writes to him at the start of each episode: Dear Arnold… And he’s still her “higher power” but she is not with him even though she loves him. I have an idea for an episode where Helga runs away to find Arnold
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Iffy Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:10 am

Hellerick wrote:Look at Chats and interviews with Craig Bartlett/2000-04-21 in Hey Arnold Wiki.

Craig Barltett:
As I said earlier, he’s moved away but Helga still loves him. I’ve got this idea: she writes to him at the start of each episode: Dear Arnold… And he’s still her “higher power” but she is not with him even though she loves him. I have an idea for an episode where Helga runs away to find Arnold

awwww..... that just makes me wish it so bad... Sad
Iffy
Iffy
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down