Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot episode

+6
Annemiek
tendra91
Squirreltamer
sueKay
ElegantVamp
Hellerick
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pilot episode - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilot episode

Post by tendra91 Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:36 am

Yeah, I have to admit subtle is better. I'll confess that I was a bit confused to have the HA! gang initially as 5th graders, because there would be a lot of implications (I'll write up what those are in a different thread since that's a bit off topic), and lol well, I wasn't expecting that we'd jump into 5th grade that quickly.

But now that I think about it, I think that starting the 6th season with them as 5th graders would be a very good idea. It gives us new grounds to work with, and a whole new year of 5th year stories. So, like you guys were saying, a new fresh start, which is good for new readers. I'm totally fine with scrapping my dream scene idea because it'd just get in the way of storytelling.

I'll get that thread running later today.

Edit: Post is made, which you can check out here: https://ha6s.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/implications-of-moving-the-ha-gang-into-the-5th-grade-t34.htm

We're going to have to agree on some implications if we're going to start the sixth season w/ the HA! gang as 5th graders.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 am

If someone is up for making a script to this pilot episode, I am totally up for drawing it. :3
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 am

I'd like to make a script, but I'd need help from another writer if anyone is offering to help. cat
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:47 am

I'm slowing thinking of how to incorporate an urban legend in the first episode... if everyone is okay with it, I would like to make a new thread about it. This thread was originally about the one/two-page pilot. We're going a bit off topic.

Squirrel: I'm totally cool if you want to draw this one. Your art is so nice. Smile

ElegantVamp: lol, I'm making sure that you're contributing to the script. You suggested the first scene, after all.

Right now I'm fleshing out parts of the urban legend that we should make sure to hit. A thread about it will be up either today or tomorrow.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ElegantVamp Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:49 am

"ElegantVamp: lol, I'm making sure that you're contributing to the script. You suggested the first scene, after all."
Thanks! ^_____^
ElegantVamp
ElegantVamp
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysbone Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Yes, Craig Bartlett said Mr. Simmons is their 5th grade teacher. Also, P.S. 118 goes all the way up to 6th grade. Then middle school in Hillwood is 7th-8th grade.

What about the kids (Arnold's gang) is competing against PS 119 and 117? I havent thought of what, but I'm thinking of a sport, like baseball or something? I don't know.

I LOVE this fanfiction about Arnold visiting Dr. Bliss (takes place a week or so after April Fool's Day). Written by DarthRoden aka Carl)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1262321/1/Arnolds_Couch_Confessions

buckysbone
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by coloredskies84 Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:52 pm

That is one of my favorite stories!!! Very Happy I love it too! If we could work something like that into a comic then I think it would be a perfect Arnold/Helga episode. I remember when I read it for the first time I thought "Wow, I wish this was part of the show."
coloredskies84
coloredskies84
Writer

https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm

1) I imagine the main reason Arnold would go to therapy would be because of his sadness/anger/everything that he feels about his parents leaving him behind.

Which, to me, doesn't really scream Arnold/Helga so much as it makes me want to hug him forever and tell him it'll be okay.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sota Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Is it confirmed that the middle school is only 7-8th grade?

My school district had a strange system like Hillwood City does, where we had K-6th grade, 7-9th grade and 10-12th all in seperate schools. It was elementary, then junior high school followed by senior high school. It was just a thought I had as I was reading this. Granted, season 6 won't involve those higher grades.
Sota
Sota
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:11 am

My middle school was from 7-9th grade, then high school was 10-12, like yours. I guess it'll differ from place to place.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:26 am

I don't think they ever even mention a middle school, so I think it's open for interpretation as to what grades it includes.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysbone Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:42 am

So, is the first episode going to be about that ghost urban legend? Is that officially decided? Smile

buckysbone
Writer

Back to top Go down

Pilot episode - Page 2 Empty Pilot episode

Post by Mykster Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:20 am

Idea Or how about a pilot episodes of just the main characters Arnold, Helga and Gerald? Like they could be in the park looking at the clouds the week before fifth grade starts. There could be flashbacks of how they first met and all the good times they had growing up and in the fifth grade. In the episode, Helga and Arnold won't fight with each other and Helga won't tease him, but she will still call him football head. The ending could be sweet, too. They could spend their last week of summer bonding and palling around.

Mykster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2