Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Episode Ideas?

2 posters

Go down

Possible Episode Ideas? Empty Possible Episode Ideas?

Post by xXWisegirl727Xx Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 am

Hello! I have some ideas for possible episodes!

I kind of like the idea of time travel—where either someone comes from the future or the past. If the time traveler were to come from the future, I think everyone would have to forget or have it be a dream or something of the sort. If they were from the past though, I’d have it be someone like Gertie or Phil, and the episode is spent trying to keep them/Arnold from figuring out that they got married.

Also, I’ve had this idea bouncing around in my head of an episode sort of similar to ‘Helga’s Boyfriend’, but not completely the same. The premise would be that there’s a dance or something coming up and, as usual, Helga will either be attending alone or not at all (possibly she would consider asking Arnold, but would shelf that idea pretty quickly). While bemoaning about this to herself, she’d happen to notice a commotion in the hallway. Curly would be asking Rhonda to the dance (in his own crazy way) and, obviously, she would turn him down. However, she’d be even more cruel about it than usual (maybe she’s having a bad day or something). She would actually hurt Curly’s feelings in the process. Something about this would spark a feeling of sympathy in Helga and she would come up with an idea that would benefit them both. They could pretend to date for a while, in an attempt to make Arnold and Rhonda jealous. I don’t know for how long (maybe until the dance) and I don’t know what it would consist of…In the end, it could sort of work, Arnold could be a leery and angry about the idea, and Rhonda would be completely lost without her #1 fan.  Although it wouldn’t have either couples getting together (for TJM’s sake), it could have Rhonda appreciating Curly a bit more.

I’ve always had this image in my head of Helga being a big reader.study  This one doesn’t have much meat to its metaphorical bones, but what about a dream episode that’s basically just Helga imagining her and Arnold (and the rest of her class) as characters in whatever book she’s reading?

That's what I've got. I'd appreciate if you told me what you thought.
xXWisegirl727Xx
xXWisegirl727Xx
Writer

Back to top Go down

Possible Episode Ideas? Empty Re: Possible Episode Ideas?

Post by tendra91 Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 am

Awesome! It looks like you have been brewing up a bunch of ideas together, and they have good potential

I really like the idea of the time travel one. That idea sounds like it could be fun. It could even be the HA! gang having fun and trying to make a kid-version of time travel, only to think that the machine has actually worked. Or it could, yeah, be all a dream.

The second idea there can be a bit tricky. I like the idea of Rhonda recognizing that, as much as Rhonda is creeped out by Curly, things would probably feel different or off if Curly didn't give her as much attention. That premise I like, because I can totally see that. However, I feel like it really needs to be something significant for Helga to feel pity for, and want to help Curly/herself by pretending to date him. It feels a bit out of character to me... depending on how it's played out. But I would say continue running with the idea of Curly/Rhonda.

For the idea of placing the HA! characters in whatever book Helga is reading, I love it. Haha, there is so much that you could do with that story. You could even merge it with the first idea with the time travel. Do a HA! spin-off on the movie Back to the Future or something, haha! Or maybe something like the movie Freaky Friday, and you could build on Helga's relationship with her mom?

Anyway, great ideas Smile You're off to a good start.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xXWisegirl727Xx Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe, they could 'time-travel' in a machine they invented after reading an in-class play (I'm drawing on my experiences as a fourth-grade student aid, heh), and as they go around town, the situation could present itself in a way that they really think they've time traveled.

I suppose it would have to be something rather large, for Helga to do something like suggest they pretend to date. I thought having Rhonda push him to the ground or maybe even slapping him would be enough. Because as far as I'm aware, the most physical she's gotten with him is pushing to release her. scratch  Hmm...yeah, that is a bit hard to figure out. I guess, I was sort of rolling with the idea that What's Opera Arnold placed in my mind...

I love the idea of a Back to the Future spoof! That was my favorite movie growing up! Maybe Helga (and/or Arnold) could be reading something time-travel-y (H.G. Wells maybe?) and it could spark a dream--shared dream?--that could take them through their parents elementary years (maybe not necessarily true, since Stella didn't grow up with them).

And ooh, Freaky Friday would be amazing with Helga and Miriam! It'd be a great chance to have Helga see just how hard Miriam has it and could end up having them bond--I love it when they bond.

(Sorry for the late reply; I'm in a hotel that has faulty internet connections.)
xXWisegirl727Xx
xXWisegirl727Xx
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down