Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode ideas?

+3
MadMadisson
tendra91
8life0is0a0game8
7 posters

Go down

Episode ideas? Empty Episode ideas?

Post by 8life0is0a0game8 Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 am

I was practicing my characters and realized that Brainy got very little attention. I was thinking it would be cool if we could get an episode for him, maybe following him around while he looks for Helga. You know, a day in Brainy's eyes. To me he seems sort of like how Helga is to Arnold, except he's a geek and more forward about things. What do you guys think? I'm not a writer by far, but maybe someone else could pick up the idea.

I'll update this topic if I think of anything else. You guys can discuss this and your own ideas in here.

Edit: I was reading an interview (Done by us years ago, apparently. Ha.), and came across this;
Question:
Why is Helga always mean to Arnold when she likes him? And the first time she tried to be nice, HE was mean to HER!!!

Craig Bartlett:
Well, I have to defend Arnold because she had been mean to him hundreds of times by the time she was nice to him. But more importantly, the reason that Helga always acts mean to Arnold is that she feels she would die of embarassment if the other kids knew her secret. I think it would be funny to do an episode where all the kids learn Helga’s secret and they just say “Duh!”
---
I think we should make that happen in one of our episodes, but make Gerald not in the scene to make it canon to TJM.

Last edited by 8life0is0a0game8 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another idea)
8life0is0a0game8
8life0is0a0game8
Artist

http://8life0is0a0game8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode ideas? Empty Re: Episode ideas?

Post by tendra91 Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:37 am

I like the idea of doing an episode on Brainy lol He's a very mysterious character, and I remember someone talking about how Brainy is practically the only character who really broke the 4th wall (e.g. in Haunted Train).

If not an episode about Brainy, a one-shot comic, or a "short" episode (5 pages or so) would be great. I can't find it right now, but I remember that there was a short on fanfiction.net about where Brainy always gets fresh new glasses after he gets hit in the face (spoiler: he has dozens of the same eyeglasses in a drawer in his house)!
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 8life0is0a0game8 Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:31 am

tendra91 wrote:If not an episode about Brainy, a one-shot comic, or a "short" episode (5 pages or so) would be great.  I can't find it right now, but I remember that there was a short on fanfiction.net about where Brainy always gets fresh new glasses after he gets hit in the face (spoiler: he has dozens of the same eyeglasses in a drawer in his house)!

Haha that's awesome.

I dreamed up another idea. Something along the lines of everyone throwing Sid a surprise birthday party, but he forgets his birthday is soon, and it's a themed party, so he gets suspicious and scared. Not sure what theme yet though. Something with a lot of equipment.
8life0is0a0game8
8life0is0a0game8
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMadisson Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Brainy short is a great idea! I can see sid overreacting. He usually does anyways. XD
MadMadisson
MadMadisson
Artist

http://anamaris.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 8life0is0a0game8 Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 am

I thought of another idea. A lot of people keep asking what happened to My. Hyunh's daughter, since after they were reintroduced she disappeared again. I think we should make an episode for that.
http://hey-arnold.livejournal.com/179479.html
In that 'interview' thing, there's info about his daughter and saying she probably went off to college and continued living her life. She should come back for, say, a holidays episode or something. I think the fans would like that.

(And it's hilarious that Eugene is "Proto-gay".)
8life0is0a0game8
8life0is0a0game8
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMadisson Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 am

"I like Brainy/Siobhan. It would be funny to pair Lila up with Stinky. He'd really like that."

I bet Stinky would. XD
Those pairings are really cute. I think Siobhan is adorable in this creepy way. Kinda like Brainy.
MadMadisson
MadMadisson
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:54 am

lol Proto-gay.

I like the idea of reintroducing Mai for an episode. One reason is because the interaction between Mai and Mr. Hyunh could closely reflect the how broken families could interact again after being separated for so long, just like how Arnold would eventually be reconnected with his parents.

I did think of a Lila/Stinky ish episode a couple years ago. The idea was that Sid and Stinky fight over a girl (most likely Lila), as it seems that the only thing that would cause the two of them to fight is a common love interest.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMadisson Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 am

Oh yeah, I remember reading that post with all your ideas. You should bring that over to the forum Tendra. Just to have it around for inspiration or future project ideas.

I agree with you guys for the Mai episode. They might even have trouble bonding because of some cultural differences? Maybe Hyunh would like to be in touch to their origins while Mai has adapted well to where she was brought up and might have trouble understanding what Hyunh wants (he wants them to bond via their Vietnamese background. Is it Vietnam? I'm not 100% sure).
MadMadisson
MadMadisson
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:16 am

I agree that there would be cultural differences (and yes, they are Vietnamese). And first generation vs. second generation immigrants, the conflict that happens between them is quite common.

I'll post a new thread with a copy and paste of my old 6th season episode ideas from my old Hey Arnold Critical Analysis website.
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by 8life0is0a0game8 Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 am

MadMadisson wrote:I agree with you guys for the Mai episode. They might even have trouble bonding because of some cultural differences? Maybe Hyunh would like to be in touch to their origins while Mai has adapted well to where she was brought up and might have trouble understanding what Hyunh wants (he wants them to bond via their Vietnamese background. Is it Vietnam? I'm not 100% sure).

That's actually an awesome idea. I could really see that happening in the show, since they like to teach the viewer about life.
8life0is0a0game8
8life0is0a0game8
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Has anyone ever read the Arnold's E-Files chapter book?
In the book, Brainy has a much more active role than he ever did in the show. He's shy, but he also is a very eloquent writer. He ends up writing a love email to Helga, but keeps it anonymous. Of course, Helga thinks that the email is coming from Arnold.
I have a pdf of the book somewhere...I'll try to find it if you think it would help with character development.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMadisson Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Omg if you could post it. I've been dying to read it!
MadMadisson
MadMadisson
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm

The person who gave it to me made me promise that I wouldn't upload it to the web. But if you give me a PM with your email address, I can attach it to an email...if I can find it!
It might still be on my old computer which died and then came back to life recently. Some files are corrupted, so it might be gone Sad
I'll let you know.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by JerRocks2day Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 pm

I had some idea considerations for episode ideas:

-I remember some time ago I pitched a walking dead spoof where arnold wakes up one day to find his entire home infested as a zombie wasteland. I'd totally still be down for that idea if the interest is still present and since zombies were never touched up upon.

-I also had an idea for a character development story for grandma pookie. There could be an episode where she ends up in a mid life crisis and strives too hard to be a normal grandma

-and since big bob's beepers needs more showcasing, maybe there could be an episode where, to improve the company image to be a bit more costumer friendly, big bob would start hiring interns or give Arnold's class a tour of the company.

There's obviously more. I'll post some more later.

JerRocks2day
Writer

http://downindeep13.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah_R Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 am

JerRocks2day wrote:I had some idea considerations for episode ideas:

-I remember some time ago I pitched a walking dead spoof where arnold wakes up one day to find his entire home infested as a zombie wasteland. I'd totally still be down for that idea if the interest is still present and since zombies were never touched up upon.

-I also had an idea for a character development story for grandma pookie. There could be an episode where she ends up in a mid life crisis and strives too hard to be a normal grandma

-and since big bob's beepers needs more showcasing, maybe there could be an episode where, to improve the company image to be a bit more costumer friendly, big bob would start hiring interns or give Arnold's class a tour of the company.

i reaaally love these ideas
Noah_R
Noah_R
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by 8life0is0a0game8 Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 am

JerRocks2day wrote:I had some idea considerations for episode ideas:

Wow, I love all three of those.
8life0is0a0game8
8life0is0a0game8
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah_R Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:33 pm

I just thought of an idea for the Brainy comic (or if it's a short I have no idea if this would work haha but anyway)

My idea is that Brainy does follow Helga around yes BUT he has something really weird and cool that he keeps secret. Some kind of huge underlying plot going through the whole show even..ok so maybe i'm taking it overboard but this is from the wiki:
Helga hears wheezing coming from the end of the tunnel that Arnold and her are walking in. She screams and the rest of the kids run to their location. Phoebe shines her flashlight down the tunnel and reveals Brainy. Arnold asks Brainy "What are you doing here?" Brainy replies "Um.. Something."

i was just wondering. besides following helga around could he have a whole other side to him or something. maybe he really was doing "Um...Something." else? i'm probably overthinking all this i know...but anyway i just think it'd be interesting anyway for him to have some sort of hidden secret or something. like maybe he isn't just a weird "stalky" nerd?

edit: oh yeah and he's the only one that knows about helga's love for arnold which i think is kind of cool and interesting. maybe its just because he has a crush on her and if he tells people she'll be ridiculed or something but still i always thought about that haha.

Last edited by Noah_R on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something)
Noah_R
Noah_R
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:24 am

It's be cool to show a "behind the scenes" of what Brainy was really up to in existing episodes (e.g. Wheezing Ed, Haunted Train, etc.), for sure!
tendra91
tendra91
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by purplerose Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 am

8life0is0a0game8 wrote:I was practicing my characters and realized that Brainy got very little attention. I was thinking it would be cool if we could get an episode for him, maybe following him around while he looks for Helga. You know, a day in Brainy's eyes. To me he seems sort of like how Helga is to Arnold, except he's a geek and more forward about things. What do you guys think? I'm not a writer by far, but maybe someone else could pick up the idea.

I'll update this topic if I think of anything else. You guys can discuss this and your own ideas in here.

Edit: I was reading an interview (Done by us years ago, apparently. Ha.), and came across this;
Question:
Why is Helga always mean to Arnold when she likes him? And the first time she tried to be nice, HE was mean to HER!!!

Craig Bartlett:
Well, I have to defend Arnold because she had been mean to him hundreds of times by the time she was nice to him. But more importantly, the reason that Helga always acts mean to Arnold is that she feels she would die of embarassment if the other kids knew her secret. I think it would be funny to do an episode where all the kids learn Helga’s secret and they just say “Duh!”
---
I think we should make that happen in one of our episodes, but make Gerald not in the scene to make it canon to TJM.

That would be fantastic!!! I could really see that happening. The class just looking at Helga and going "Well duh." I mean its no shock really. I'm sure everyone was a little perplexed when Helga started dressing up and acting like Arnold's crush, Lila Sawyer? Surely they guessed the reason behind it? I am sure it seemed as though Gerald had...

I also think another great episode idea, one I have been thinking of for ages actually would be a camping trip. In the same spirit as the "Fishing trip" episode only with Helga and Phoebe, Gerald, Arnold, Stinky and Harold and possibly Sid and Lila. It could be hilariously funny xD xD
purplerose
purplerose
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by 8life0is0a0game8 Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm

purplerose wrote:
That would be fantastic!!! I could really see that happening. The class just looking at Helga and going "Well duh." I mean its no shock really. I'm sure everyone was a little perplexed when Helga started dressing up and acting like Arnold's crush, Lila Sawyer? Surely they guessed the reason behind it? I am sure it seemed as though Gerald had...

I also think another great episode idea, one I have been thinking of for ages actually would be a camping trip. In the same spirit as the "Fishing trip" episode only with Helga and Phoebe, Gerald, Arnold, Stinky and Harold and possibly Sid and Lila. It could be hilariously funny xD xD
While I'm sure Gerald has noticed in some level, his character is the type to stay strongly in denial rather than accepting strange or crazy things. ("Arnold and HELGA? Come on!")
8life0is0a0game8
8life0is0a0game8
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by purplerose Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 am

ok maybe heehee
purplerose
purplerose
Writer

Back to top Go down