Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helga, Gerald and bonding

+12
coloredskies84
acemcjace169
sexy_yuri88
18log
Retromanka
tendra91
sueKay
ger5632
M0ny
Hellerick
Annemiek
Squirreltamer
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Helga, Gerald and bonding - Page 3 Empty Re: Helga, Gerald and bonding

Post by sexy_yuri88 Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:47 am

hellerick..that does sound like something Helga and Gerald would do.
i like it.
sexy_yuri88
sexy_yuri88
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuyatta Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:01 am

I just joined today, so forgive me for any n00bish faux-pas, but if it were a matter of getting Helga and Gerald to bond (a fantastic idea, I've always wanted this), why not expand on a common link they already have?

Phoebe.

It could be something as simple as Gerald wanting/stressing to give Phoebe a good gift for whatever reason (Holiday, birthday...when is her's anyway?), but not knowing what to do. With some urging from Arnold, Gerald could be persuaded to ask Phoebe's best friend for ideas--which is obviously Helga.

It'd be an interesting juxtaposition between the two--where as Helga will fight tooth and nail to keep her affections secret, Gerald is not particularly shy about flirting with a lovely lady. In the process, we might get a flashback of how Helga and Phoebe came to be best friends, and perhaps Gerald can find something he honestly respects about our girl Pataki.

...Just a thought...:3

Inuyatta
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:15 am

I suggest to combine my earlier idea with Olga being into martial arts as I suggested in another topic.

Olga and Jamie O got acquainted in self-defense class (she was invited to show some moves), and as result of this acquaintance Jamie O did end up with a broken leg. Olga felt really bad about it and became a frequent visitor in the Johanssens' house taking care of Jamie O. Jamie himself had mixed feelings about it — he liked being visited by a pretty and charming girl, but he got somewhat annoyed by her motherly disposition (which sometimes was pretty humiliating). As the things were progressing Olga became possessed with the idea of Johanssens-Patakis bonding. Not only did she organize common dinners, BBQs etc., she "paired up" the members of the two families (fathers, mothers, younger children) thinking up some kinds of activities for them. Gerald and Helga became fed up with each other's company so much that they decided to work together to sabotage Olga's plans. Eventually they realized that they enjoy working together.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Helga, Gerald and bonding - Page 3 Empty Gerald and Helga Bonding

Post by Weird1 Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:29 am

I would like to throw out a few of my own ideas. First of all, I like the idea of Gerald and Helga getting fed up with hanging around eachother, so they team up to take Olga's "Families coming together" idea out! I think it's an interesting idea and I'm going to roll with it.

The first thing I think we should look at is why Olga would suddenly want the Patakis and Johansons to become friends...

1. Perhaps she bumps into Jamie O and Gerald's parents at the Grocery Store and they instantly take to Olga because of how perfect she is. So then they start talking about how they should get together more often and how they'd love to meet her family.

This also has potential to be the reason for Gerald and Helga's bonding. Gerald's parents are so taken by Olga that they start to ignore Gerald and his needs much like what happens to Helga everytime Olga comes to visit. Helga, of course, doesn't like Olga being around at all so she agree's to help Gerald get rid of her (Send her back to Alaska or something). So now, here we have Gerald and Helga working to get Olga to leave; How do they behave around eachother?

1. At the beginning, of course there would be some animosity, since they've never really gotten along. I have reason to believe that they wouldn't make the best team, so this could end up pretty comical. For example... Helga comes up with some evil plan to make Olga's visits to Gerald's house be very "uncomfortable", and Gerald doesn't like that plan because he's afraid his parents might accidentally trigger some of their traps, which would of course mean a month of grounding, but Helga doesn't give a crap if Gerald gets in trouble. All this could erupt into a fight that maybe only Arnold can settle? Possibilities... but in the end they would learn to get along a little better.

I think Arnold should fit in here somewhere. He doesn't have to be a reoccurring character in the episode. I just think Arnold should appear at least once, since it is his show. Plus he's best friends with Gerald and they're almost always around eachother, so an episode with Gerald in it at all should have a little Arnold in it. Maybe Gerald could get in a long conversation with Arnold over how "Hard to get along with" Helga is, and Arnold could defend Helga in some way and reassure Gerald that she's a good person deep down. Then around the the end, Arnold could scold Gerald and Helga on how wrong it was to do such mean things to Olga, when they could have just told her they were feeling uncomfortable with her constant visiting. That would be a funny scene.

Arnold: So let me get this straight... you went through all the trouble of hurting Olga's feelings just because you didn't like her constantly horning in on your family?

Gerald: Pretty much...

Arnold: Why didn't you just tell her you were feeling niglected?

(Gerald and Helga look at eachother for a moment then back at Arnold)

Gerald/Helga: Cause...

lol!

Now to address the whole idea of Gerald finding out Helga's secret... NO FLIPPIN" WAY! Exclamation We all know that Helga + Gerald in any regards always leads to some kind of disagreement. So the idea of Gerald finding out Helga's secret would of course lead to Gerald going mental! Shocked He's always been there to witness Helga being a jerk to Arnold! He's never seen her be nice! Gerald would totally freak if he found out the whole truth to why Helga is the way she is! But I will admit that the idea has some intrigue... I guess it would be ok if he received some settle hints, but I don't think they should come from Helga directly. If Gerald ever found out Helga's secret it would come from Arnold! It might be cute to see Helga and Arnold have some tiny romance scenes together with Gerald in the middle of it all. It would certainly give him a better idea that there's something going on between the two, thus being the reason for his settle reaction to Helga and Arnold's kiss in TJM. I'm not talking BIG LOVEY DOVEY romance scenes, maybe Arnold compliments Helga and Helga actually smiles. Just some small, cute flirting moments that Gerald could take witness to. Very Happy

Well, that's all I've got. Thanks for reading my extremely long idea pitch for this episode idea. Sorry it was so long and groeling. I'm one of those people who enjoy writing short novels, not that I have much of a choice. study The words just kind of flow out of my brain and onto the paper. Embarassed Hope this helped and I completely understand if you skipped over some of my babbling. Sleep

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by ger5632 Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 pm

^ One part really made me laugh real hard xD Shan't say it (don't worry, your ideas were great. Just laughing at one fact you stated)

Perhaps like we can say in the beginning, we can show Helga drawing this cartoonised picture of Olga (you know, the whole moustache and whatever). Then we show her putting it into her notebook. Whatever, goes on to the storyline. Then, during the sabotage scene, Gerald and Helga does all those evil plans and none of them work.

Then when they are about to give up, (they will be at Gerald's house right?) Olga finds the ugly picture that Helga drew and thought Jamie O drew it. And you know, they fight. And then comes the 'you should feel guilty!' scene.
ger5632
ger5632
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:11 am

Okay, in regards to the Helga/Gerald bonding, something that should totally happen btw. I really love the idea of using Phoebe. I mean, they both care for her. I think Inuyatta had a good idea to have Gerald struggling to get her a gift. Or maybe throw her a surprise party? idk, just wanted to bring that up again if anyone else had some thoughts.

As for Gerald and Helga trying to get rid of Olga together... priceless. Its so funny becuase they are two VERY different people in how they work and think. I can see Helga coming up with all these devious plots to get rid of her sister and Gerald's all o_O *should i be worried*. Or Helga's ability to navigate a ventilation system could come in handy. I think this could have so many funny parts. And then Arnold comes in for a small part and does his lecture thing. And everything works out they do the right thing or w/e.
Ooo i thought of something. You know how Helga naturally takes the selfish deceitful route, but becuase of Arnold ends up doing the right thing? Well, what if for this one time Gerald was there to witness this change of heart? He might not be sure what (or who) brought it on, but he kinda starts understanding that there might be this other side to Helga.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Truth be told I'm doubtful about whether Arnold should see Helga the Caring. He should rather get acquainted with Helga the Partner, and Helga the Cool to Work / Hang Out With. Well, he could be impressed by her ability to come up with elaborated (and evil Smile ) plans as well. To appreciate deep personalities and "other sides" is an Arnold thing to do, not Gerald's.
Hellerick
Hellerick
Translator

http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/User:Hellerick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuyatta Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 pm

To appreciate deep personalities and "other sides" is an Arnold thing to do, not Gerald's.

So we don't want this kind of character development? If we're looking to set the foundation for Arnold/Helga in the Jungle Movie, I thought it would be easier to do so if Gerald and Helga can at least have a grudging respect for each other. Plus, I was just curious if anyone else wanted to see how it is Helga and Phoebe came to be best friends. The exact how's and why's can be changed, but I felt these points should be brought to light, and I thought that combining them would be the best way to do so, to leave episodes open for other storylines/characters.

Last edited by Inuyatta on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Inuyatta
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarici Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:23 am

I really like the idea of Gerald seeing the soft, kinder Helga. Even just for a minute. It would force him to at least acknowledge the fact that she's not ALL bad. We don't have to go so far as him even liking her as a friend, just seeing that Arnold's constant reminder that she's not all bad is true.
Avarici
Avarici
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:45 am

Exactly, thats all I was thinking. He could see Helga "do the right thing" to a small degree, which is completely against who Gerald thinks she is as a person. We don't have to have him make a big deal out of it or anything, but the fact that she did it is enough.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 am

Alrighty then...

Inyuatta or something (Sorry I can't remember how it was spelled, I just suck like that) said...

"Plus, I was just curious if anyone else wanted to see how it is Helga and Phoebe came to be best friends."

Quick comment on that...

I actually read a fanfic once, really popular one, "Arnold's Couch Confessions", I recommend it if you haven't already read it... anyway, it has a flashback scene, where Arnold was watching Helga fight off some jerks (Harold, Stinky, and Sid I believe) from hurting Phoebe in PreSchool, and that was supposedly how they became best buds. I like the idea that Helga fends off other bullies from hurting her friends. It's sweet. This could also explain why Arnold is so sure Helga has a nicer side. Just a thought. sunny

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:09 am

Dpshrineinclosetgirl said...

He could see Helga "do the right thing" to a small degree, which is completely against who Gerald thinks she is as a person. We don't have to have him make a big deal out of it or anything, but the fact that she did it is enough.

I really like that idea. It could help Gerald see what Arnold sees to some extent. Very Happy

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by foureyedshroom Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:00 am

Sooo sorry if this is too late to add! Embarassed but remember in the episode "Student Teacher", Arnold goes to Helga's house to get tutored by Olga? So Helga could help tutor Arnold for (whatever he needed help with, who knows what haha) (off topic, sorry!)

Anyways, I'm loving the ideas, guys! Very Happy

I like the idea of Helga helping Gerald in a desparate (Phoebe?) situation and Gerald helping Helga with soemthing...

sorry if I'm not making sense, it's 1:09am over here Razz i need sleep!
foureyedshroom
foureyedshroom
Editor

Back to top Go down

Helga, Gerald and bonding - Page 3 Empty Helga, Gerald and bonding

Post by SkaterGi Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:36 am

I personally luuuv the idea of Helga hiding up in Jamie O's room to try and find her card and Gerald keeps moving her from location to location and Timberly is somewhere around the house and she gets the wierdest feeling that someone or something is sneaking around the house.

(Up in Jamie O's room)

[b]Helga:[/b] Crimeny, I can't find that ding-blasted Wrestlemania card!

[b]Gerald:[/b] We have to hurry. Jamie O's coming back soon.

(The front door opens)

[b]Jamie O:[/b] Gerald, Timberly, I'm home! When I go in my room you had better not have trashed it!

[b]Gerald:[/b] Oh, snap!

[b]Helga:[/b] Who's that?

[b]Gerald:[/b] No one. You need to hide.

[b]Helga:[/b] But, I need to know if he's seen my card or not.

[b]Gerald:[/b] I don't care. If Jamie O finds out that [i]we[/i] trashed his room, he'll pound the living heck out of me.

(Gerald spots the closet) Idea

[b]Gerald:[/b] Quick, in here!

[b]Helga:[/b] No way, dude. I am not goin in there. [Covers mouth and nose] It's not scary, it's smelly.

(The door knob begins to turn)

[b]Gerald:[/b] Just go! [Pushes Helga in]

(Helga stands between the closet entrance)

[b]Helga:[/b] But what about my -?

[b]Gerald:[/b] Not now, Helga! [Shuts the door in Helga's face]

[b]Helga:[/b] [muffled] Remember me. lol!

SkaterGi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3