Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing back another show?

+4
funnybones021
tendra91
Pie01
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bringing back another show? Empty Bringing back another show?

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:02 am

Hey, I saw something and I thought it was really interesting and very… familiar.

The other day I stumbled across a site about Invader Zim and it seems that a bunch of people have gotten together and are creating their own animated version of Invader Zim, just like were making a comic of HA! It’s called the Invader Zim Fan Animated Series (IZFAS). I’m not sure how they are doing the animation, and I’m not sure how far they have gotten on the pilot episode (I’m not a member so the information I can see is limited). They also have voice actors too who are surprisingly good.

I just thought it was interesting how we aren’t the only people recreating a beloved show. But doing it with animation? I thought making a comic sounded hard. They definitely have their work cut out for them. I wish them luck though; I know how exciting it is to be a part of bring back a childhood show.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/912028/DP-shrine-in-closet-girl

Back to top Go down

Bringing back another show? Empty Re: Bringing back another show?

Post by Pie01 Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Wow!~ Do you have a link? I would be curious to see it myself =D (though I've never watched Invader Zim)

But I don't know, Maybe it will be made with flash... otherwise, animations take times to complete (well even with flash it's already hard Oo)...
And the comic thing is hard, I can't imagine what it would be if we wanted to make a real fan animated series for HA! >__>...
Pie01
Pie01
Artist

http://pie01.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Yeah, that's what I was amazed about. I don't know how they would do it besides using flash. I think they had some problems though. Something happened that made production stopped for a while, but now it seems like they are starting up again.
http://www.izfasthreads.co.cc/
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:39 am

That's pretty amazing! But yes, comics are pretty challenging to make, let alone animation. How long have they been working on it for?
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 am

tendra91 wrote:How long have they been working on it for?

I’m not sure, but I did read that they were starting over, and that “it’s been a few years” since they first began the project. It sounds as though since they started it up again (it think at the beginning of this year) things have been running pretty smoothly. They have most of their voice actors and the first script is done.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Wow, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Apparently, Nickelodeon is considering bringing Invader Zim back into production. So, maybe that's why there's a renewed interest.
They even have a poll on the Nick homepage about whether or not you want to see Invader Zim come back. Or maybe they already did bring him back into production...Wikipedia (although, not the most reliable source) says that the 3rd season is currently in production (which is kind of amazing since it would be the first new season since 2002.)
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

https://www.youtube.com/user/funnybones021

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 pm

They should bring it back on, i mean, it still makes a lot of money for them in merchandise and it's been years since it was canceled, but I really don't think they will. Mostly because the creator, Jhonen Vasquez, did not like working for Nick at all.

So it would make sense to brig Invader Zim back, but then again it would makes sense for them to bring HA! back too and they haven't done that yet.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Maybe they are bringing it back without the creator...or maybe they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Unlike Invader Zim, Hey Arnold! seemed to be more of a mainstream show during it's solid 5 season run. Granted, Nick did give HA! and all the fans the shaft by ending the series with such a cliff hanger, but HA! doesn't have the cult following that Invader Zim does.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah, HA! was lucky compared to invader Zim. But IZ was supposed to end after the third season, so it wasn't going to be that long of a show. They even had everything planned out and you can still read the scripts on the unmade episodes. So it sounds like Nick was letting them prepare to finish the series, but then just cut them off. That sounds familiar...

I am very impressed by the HA! fan base, but your right, IZ does have an insane cult following.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by tendra91 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Ditto to the HA! fanbase. I was pleasantly suprised to see one still thriving. But i don't think we'll ever get a cult like IZ has.

BTW, have we ever seen Nick bring back a cancelled show before? I can't remember. (Doug doesn't count because it got revived by Disney, not Nick)
tendra91
tendra91
Director

http://ha6s.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 am

huh, not really. Other then doing All Grown Up for rugrats, but that doesn't really count. I know Disney brought back Kim Possible becuase of the fans, but again, that's not nick.

Oh wait, I do know that Nick is coming out with "Planet Sheen" which is supposed to be based off of Jimmy Neutron, with Sheen as the main character. But its not the revival of the actual show so I guess that doesn't count either.
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by DestineyJen Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:31 am

Apparently, Nickelodeon is considering bringing Invader Zim back into production. So, maybe that's why there's a renewed interest.
They even have a poll on the Nick homepage about whether or not you want to see Invader Zim come back. Or maybe they already did bring him back into production...Wikipedia (although, not the most reliable source) says that the 3rd season is currently in production (which is kind of amazing since it would be the first new season since 2002.)

Well, I don't know about that and I highly doubt Nickelodeon would bring it back since Jhonen Vasquez refused to finish the series from the rest of the scripts they had written because he hated working for Nick, but considering there was already a third (3rd) season that information might be very old or someone just really loves playing games with information on Wikipedia (which is a lot of people that's why I don't like that source).

Nickelodeon and TeeNick (and probably Nicktoon Network too but I don't have that channel...) have been showing commercials recently for http://invaderzimondvd.com, but what bothers me about that brand new site (as of this year) is the fact that the original DVDs have been out for YEARS (since 2006), yet that site only has re-made copies of seasons one (1) and two (2) with completely different DVD cover images.

I already have the original releases of seasons one (1) through three (3) of Invader Zim on DVD, it came as a DVD box set released in 2006. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HC2LRQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0XFYVPHR9FYKG0FGPWBE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

It is an amazing show that, like Hey Arnold, didn't deserve to be treated the way it was treated (even if it did have a cult following, which yes, it did and still does). GIR is awesome.

BTW, have we ever seen Nick bring back a cancelled show before?

Yes, Rugrats. It was brought back from a cancellation after a few years of fans demanding the return and ended up with 10 seasons because Klasky and Csupo still working for Nickelodeon. Then it got a spin-off, which flopped though I and only a few others quite liked it.

Also, The Fairly OddParents. At the end of its sixth season, it was canceled. The fans got together and begged for its return and about a year later it was brought back and so far has had two more seasons than it would have had had the fans not rallied together like they did and demanded the show be brought back. There was also the fact, just like with Rugrats, that Butch Hartman still worked for Nickelodeon anyway, making it incredibly easy to bring it back.

huh, not really. Other then doing All Grown Up for rugrats, but that doesn't really count. I know Disney brought back Kim Possible becuase of the fans, but again, that's not nick.

Oh wait, I do know that Nick is coming out with "Planet Sheen" which is supposed to be based off of Jimmy Neutron, with Sheen as the main character. But its not the revival of the actual show so I guess that doesn't count either.

You're right, spin-offs don't count as "bringing a show back from cancellation." Spin-offs are a completely different show from the original meaning it wasn't "brought back." It was just given a completely different show with some of the original characters from the first show (and sometimes all the characters from the original show).

Only Rugrats and The Fairly OddParents have been given this privileged honor of returning to Nickelodeon with new seasons/episodes.

As for Planet Sheen, any of you can ask me anything about it (preferably in a PM or e-mail) and I can probably answer any questions any of you have.
DestineyJen
DestineyJen
Website Manager

http://hillwoodcity-ha.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dpshrineinclosetgirl Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:56 am

Huh, I didn't know Fairly Odd Parents was canceled. Good for them for bringing it back. But I also think the fact that FOP sells a lot of merchandise helps. Although, Invader Zim sells a lot too with that cult following it has, and it never came back. *shrugs*

Do you know if FOP has more episodes coming out, or has it finally stopped production?
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 am

not trying to be a Debbie Downer but the website doesn't exist any more. Sad

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlePinkBow Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:13 am

*SOB* I really miss Hey Arnold! *sigh* okay now that I got that off my chest....

FOP was cancelled like a year or two ago right, longer? Shorter? Idk. But they still had several side spin-off movies after the fact, at least... from what I remember they did. But, I think that FOP has a much wider range fan-base than HA did in its time.

I've been reading HA! Fanfiction and watching episodes all day, which really made me depressed... I miss that show sooo much I can't even tell you. As a HA! fangirl, I feel completely gypped that we never got The Jungle Movie. Sad .... Seriously! Its depressing!

What ever happened to that guy who was trying to collect people together to send a whole bunch of letters to Nick all at once? I've tried to access the website he set up, and I can't get onto it, and his blog has been inactive for months...

As for the stopmotion, I did see one person do a stop-motion for 'The Patakis'. Its where Helga meets up with Arnold after a long time, very good, very sweet... almost made me cry actually. I'd be awesome if we could do something like that, but it would most certainly take foreverrrr.

We really should try to do something though... if we try hard enough, I'll bet we could get it back, there's enough HA fans in the world, if we could show Nick that we want it back THAT much....
LittlePinkBow
LittlePinkBow
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 am

*sigh* Very Happy I'm glad to hear about Invader Zim fans trying to get the show back

Just a little bit of advice.. If you show Hey Arnold or Angry Beavers to a group of six year old girls, they'll love it xD

I showed it to my six year old cousin and a few of her friends, and they all loved it (especially Hey Arnold, by the way).

That might possible increase the possibility of bringing back one of those shows
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlePinkBow Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 am

*rubs hands together mischeviously* Nowwwwww my pretties... to find about 100,000 little 6 year old girls >D

But seriously... we need to do something. I know there's a facebook page for it, and a livejournal, but I dunno if those are considered to be credible by Nick y'know? Cuz people could make like multiple accounts etc etc.

We should go picket Nick headquarters! lol!
LittlePinkBow
LittlePinkBow
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 am

lol, a picket would sure be something cool to see. I bet a lot of people would get into it too...not just for Hey Arnold!, but for all the 90's nicktoons. Nick probably wouldn't do anything, but if it was big enough it would probably even make the evening news.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlePinkBow Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:02 am

Pshhhh yeaaaaa.... seriously, if like a couple hundred people decided to picket Nick, it would definitely get on the news, at least local. Hah. Where are they located anyways?

Well, even if the super-awesome picketing idea doesn't pan out... what can we do? Its been long enough that most of the people who used to watch HA! religiously *cough*likeme*cough* are in their twenty-ish ages now. And I'm sure most of them, would love to see the ending to the story. I mean, I remember half-hearted attempts when I was like 12 to bring it back, but we were all young then. What can we do now?
LittlePinkBow
LittlePinkBow
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 am

I believe Nick has their corporate headquarters in New York City. They have their animation studios and probably some secondary offices in the Los Angeles area (specifically Burbank). lol, so all the West Coast fans can go picket in L.A. and all the East Coast fans can head out to NYC Razz

I think one of the major problems that HA! fans have faced is that a lot of the old fans of the show don't really remember it anymore. Maybe they just need their fanship to be reignited, but they don't remember how great HA! is.
The other thing is that Craig Bartlett has mentioned that he's pretty much moved on from HA!. I've always thought, though, that he does hold at least a little bit of hope that he might get a chance to wrap up some loose ends, because he's never revealed what exactly happened to Arnold's parents. That part of any conversation with Craig has always been kind of vague (not that I've ever spoken to him about it, but I've read transcripts from people who have).
I think it would be cool if he could just write a book about what was supposed to happen in TJM. I'm not counting on any movie or even a TV show, but I would be completely happy reading a novel version of the jungle movie.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:12 am

We should actually do the picketing idea!! I know I'm only fifteen and can't do anything, but... Hey, like you said, there are legal adults here, includinggg... well, a bunch of people. xD

And I agree, kinda... I mean, I was only three when it came out... but I was nine when they stopped showing it, so I'm completely capable of remembering it, as well as a bunch of people my age.
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlePinkBow Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 am

Haha, I'm in the greater LA area, so.... sweetness lol.

Yeah, I'd be happy with even the novel version too, then we'd even be able to hopefully get into Arnold's head a little bit more. Bleh, I dunno, it just stinks all the way around. They should have finished the series with TJM at least, otherwise its open ended y'know?

Sad I hope he hasn't fully moved on, because obviously the fans haven't. Its too bad we can't get a dialogue running with him. I'd love to know what he thinks about all this.
LittlePinkBow
LittlePinkBow
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 am

Well, here's what Craig had to say about any possibility of Hey Arnold! coming back. He said this in December of 2009.

Craig Bartlett wrote:The fans are great, but I’m sorry to say that their hopes of a revived series and a Jungle Movie and The Patakis are pretty much impossible dreams. Nick doesn't really have anything to do with me – I’ve been out on my own, making a living on whatever else I can come up with, for lo these nearly 10 years now. I’ve also tried going in to meet with Nick execs, and pitched other ideas, and none have gone anywhere. So I’m pretty much over it, y’know? But I’m really glad that Hey Arnold! has fans, and I’m moved that it really mattered to so many people. I know that people really love Helga and Arnold and the rest of the gang, and it’s very gratifying.
funnybones021
funnybones021
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlePinkBow Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 am

*Trying not to tear up*
LittlePinkBow
LittlePinkBow
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by leilistories Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:25 am

I know!! Well, in danger of sounding too much like Arnold, think on the bright side: with so many open ended decisions, there's tons of Fan Fiction that you can obsessively read when you aren't too busy xD But yeah, it would have been great for there to be a movie to end it instead of nothing <3

I think I heard from somewhere that he's working on other TV shows... I don't entirely know, though xD
leilistories
leilistories
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next