Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for creating an account on the HA6S forums! But you're not done yet: go to ha6s.weebly.com to register as a staff member (under "Join Our Team")! Once you have been added to the staff list, you will be given greater access to the forums. Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold's love life

+11
Meganium
Retromanka
Helga4ever
Weird1
peachcake21
foureyedshroom
funnybones021
tendra91
Dpshrineinclosetgirl
Annemiek
mannardme
15 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Arnold's love life - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnold's love life

Post by Retromanka Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Don't you think it's a good episode idea?
...It can be funny how Phoebe would be Helga's Colombo lol
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Oh I do. I mean, I came up with the idea of Helga finding about how Arnold's crush on Lila is over, I just can't think of a good enough plot to develop into a full-length story. But I think you're onto something there with her using Phoebe for help.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

It should be very logical plan of Phoebes actions...hm
...I see this post named "Arnold's love life"...
Perhaps there should be made a new post for what we are talking about? And named as "Detection of Phoebe" like that?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Well I don't about that. I just called the post by that because I'm trying to make the point of how his "love life" is now empty since he no longer likes Lila and that leaves the eventual room for Helga.

But from what I can figure, Helga doesn't know that Arnold stopped crushing on Lila, and I thought it would just be a good time to bring it up somewhere before TJM so she know that nothing is standing in her way anymore. And Lila doesn't seem to know either because Arnold never told her, at least we never saw him tell her. I'm just trying to say that it doesn't have to be any kind of big story, but Arnold's crush on Lila is over, and he should tell her that so he's not leading her on anymore and Helga should find out somehow to know that it's true.

Hmmm, maybe Arnold could be telling Lila this in private, and at the same time, Helga is eavesdropping on them and overhears the whole thing. While is relived that she and Arnold can be friends without the one-sided crush anymore, Helga goes into one of her monologues because she is so happy that her beloved no longer likes "Little Miss Perfect" and maybe now she has a chance with him since he's free now.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

I like the idea of Phoebe playing Detective for Helga to find out what he's looking for in a girl or what his feelings about Helga are. That has potential for some really hilarious stuff. XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:33 pm

I like it, too. Phoebe's really bright, I think she would know how to help Helga, especially doing something that sneaky. You know, I actually wondered if Helga ever told Phoebe that she told Arnold her feelings on the FTi roof. If she did, I'm sure Phoebe would understand why Helga and Arnold did what they did, and be the voice of reason to her, saying something like "I'm sure you guys pretended it never happened because Arnold wanted to give you back your dignity and give himself the time and space he wants and needs to think about you. Given the circumstances, it wouldn't have been like him if he immediately told you that he liked you back." This could also be good for Phoebe to say to her because Helga may keep picking on Arnold until TJM because she's growing impatient waiting for his answer.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Yeah, Phoebe would definitely have her theories, but we don't want her lines to sound like something out of a fan-written ship manifesto. XDXD Maybe something simpler like, "Arnold most likely wanted to give you a chance to go back to the way things were because he knew you felt awkward. I'm sure if you give him some time he will come to a decision." Or something to that effect. XD
Of course, Helga would just scoff and say, "Yeah right. He's probably forgotten all about it. Stupid Football Head..."

But yeah. Phoebe would make an awesome detective. Plus...the thought of Phoebe in, like, a Sherlock Holmes outfit...with the cute little hat...is adorable. XD I know she wouldn't wear one for this. But when I heard "Detective Phoebe" that's what I thought of. There should totally be an excuse to put her in that outfit. Somehow. XD

Last edited by Meganium on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm

I understand Smile
So summaring:
1. Helga isn't aware that Arnold doesn't love Lila anymore.
2. Arnold doesn't love Lila anymore.
3. Lila doesn't care that Arnold doesn't love her anymore (cause lila isn't and won't be in love with Arnold ever).
4. Lila does know that Helga loves Arnold.
5. Lila doesn't know if Arnold is in love with Helga or not.

I don't think Arnold should go to Lila and say he doesn't love her anymore. It would be quite strange. Arnold already knows that Lila doesn't love him. It should be like Lila surprised how Arnold doesn't pay so much attention to her as it was before.
I think Lila should tell about this observation somebody who she trusts in. Then Helga would overhear it sitting near (for example in the dining at the next table).
Then she wants to find out if it's a truth.
Helga can't do the detection personally so she asks Phoebe to make it for her. To talk with girls or even Lila and then to hang out near guys. Phoebe can do it 'cause she doesn't have a reputation of a bully and people doesn't notice her much.
What do you think?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Meganium wrote:
But yeah. Phoebe would make an awesome detective. Plus...the thought of Phoebe in, like, a Sherlock Holmes outfit...with the cute little hat...is adorable. XD I know she wouldn't wear one for this. But when I heard "Detective Phoebe" that's what I thought of. There should totally be an excuse to put her in that outfit. Somehow. XD

You match my thoughts about her outfit...cloak, hat...Colombo...lol

Guys, I personally think we should continue in the new post...I think our ideas worth to be made in the plot. How do you look on it?
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:45 pm

LOL Arnold telling Lila he doesn't like her anymore...that reminds me of pretty much my favorite line from "Married":
Arnold: [dramatically] I liked you-liked you once! But that's over!
XDXDXD *rolls on floor laughing* Man, that made my brother and me crack up...

Lila's a smart girl. Whenever Arnold hung around her too much, she'd remind him that she didn't like him-like him. If Arnold suddenly stopped trying to cozy up to her, I think she'd catch on. And she's always been a pretty private person about her relationships, so I don't think she'd tell anyone about it either.

Of course, not hearing anything from anyone about the state of Arnold and Lila would make Helga a little nervous, so naturally she'd ask Phoebe to check it out! Wink XD

Last edited by Meganium on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by mannardme Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah I love that line in "Married" as well! XD

That is a good summary above regarding Arnold, Helga, and Lila. Maybe Arnold shouldn't tell Lila that his crush on her is over, but I think she should know because he'll no longer be chasing her, and that would relieve her probably.

And I think Helga would want to find out about the state of Arnold and Lila's relationship. If not hearing about it herself, she would definitely get Phoebe to help her.
mannardme
mannardme

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Oh, and also, if Helga told Phoebe about her plan to make Phoebe a detective, we could have a panel with a fired-up Helga shouting about the plan with a picture of Phoebe in a Holmes outfit in the background. Behind fired-up Helga is regular Phoebe, who is muttering quietly, "Do I have to wear that outfit?..." as if she can see what Helga is envisioning. XDXD Just a thought. But it amused me. Very Happy
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Hmm...I think anyway there should a litle (or very little) hint from Lila to Arnold 'cause like all Lila likes attention (in the episode "Arnold and Lila" Lila runs for Arnold as she thinks he is in love with her...she forgets to ask him even).
I think she's one of those "pretty-cute" thing that like boy's attention much.
Ya know like she's saying to him "Oh, hi Arnold! Doing good? I see..." *half-closed eyes and goes away* (and Helga's seeing all that wants to check what happens between ArnoldxLila).
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:03 am

I guess so, so is Pheobe still detective?

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Yeah...
So she makes a plan, exlplains it and only for this case becomes a leader over Helga. Dresses like detective...topcoat, hat.
Writing facts in the notebook.
In the end Arnold could ask why she dressed so and she answered "'cause I'm Phoebe...Phoebe Heyerdahl".
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 pm

HAHA! I'd laugh if it was black in white (Pheobe's imagination) and then it turns to color (reality) XD

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 pm

ahah!that could be a fantastic short Very Happy

The other thing is how Phoebe would turn the plan into reality.
I think if she make a list of people to watch after, sees at what time and with whom this people (especially Arnold and Lila). It can be bright action making readers curious how would Phoebe reach her goal at the end.
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 am

XDXDXD I LOVE the idea of Phoebe embracing the detective role wholeheartedly. Maybe she's a big fan of the Holmes novels and would jump at the chance to reenact her favorite scenes? XD

I get the feeling that if this makes it to comic stage, the parts where Phoebe's really getting into her character should be in black and white and more shadowy than the "real" panels, like it's out of an old detective film. Also, we could shade things with comic shading, y'know, with dots. To give it a really special feel. XD
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:23 pm

ohhhhhhh!!! I LOVE IT! It'd be so coool! Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I can't wait to eventually see it!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Guys, I've written some piece of draft to the start of the episode.
So that's it.

The dining.
Shown Lila and some other girls (Rhonda, Sheena and etc.) sitting near her.
Lila: so it's about the old case when I and my father went camping in woods. We were fishing and we'd cought a huge fish. But it started to shake and we were capsized with the boat.
Phoebe and Helga are sitting behind.
Helga: Oh, Lila! What a cutest girl! Arrrgh...what a fairy!
Phoebe's saying timidly: I find...this story...funny too.
Helga gives a scary eye.
Phoebe's frightened: oh not so...
The next panels show how's two go to school locks in the corridor.
Helga: Okay, Phoebe, wait for me outside. I need to take some minutes for a some business.
Phoebe: Yes, Helga! *goes and waves a hand without turning*
Helga closes the door of a lock and goes into a janitor room.
Helga: Oh, Arnold! This Lila...how could you like this candy? Oh, my poor heart full of tradegy! Only your gazing can make my well of love filled!"
Brainy pull his head out of the mop which is hanging on the wall by a hook. Mop looks like hair on his head. As always she beats him.
Helga's going to get out of a janitor but suddenly sees Arnold *sighs* and Lila *growls*. They are talking about something she doesn't hear. Lila goes away. Arnold a bit confused. Helga's concerned. And wants to know what's happenin' between them.

Last edited by Retromanka on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:17 am

XDXD That's adorable. I love Phoebe saying, "But I think it's funny too..." and then "But not that much..." XDXD I also really love "My poor heart of tragedy!" XD It's so Helga. <3
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Retromanka Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm glad you like it! Very Happy
Retromanka
Retromanka
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:37 pm

lol!
classic!

peachcake21
Translator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meganium Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:30 am

So are you gonna be script writer for this one, Retromanka? =D If so, I'll be your Editor! x3
Meganium
Meganium
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next